Centrica Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,151 reviews
Not Veteran friendly-Bad People Culture! Beware!
BuyMax Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Not a place for honest good hearted people looking for a good place to work. No training provided. Plenty of harassment and disability discrimination to go around! Had a serious issue here with the director and HR and leadership swept it under the rug. They never once checked on me and then treated me as if I had done something wrong! Poor people culture.
Pros
Free dreams and decent benefits
Cons
Discrimination, poor leadership, harassment, poor people culture, buyer beware!!
Great place to work for as a technician, all tools provided etc..
Apprentice/Engineer/Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon HullOctober 31, 2018
I started at centrica (British gas) as an apprentice gas technician and progressed into a senior technician within 5 years of passing my apprenticeship. I loved the job and the only reason I left was to fulfill my dream starting my own business.
Nice place to work
Engineering Project Manager/Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
Centrica is definitely a nice place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities to learn lots of new things. There is also a culture of pushing employees to always improve.
great
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2018
they do agile environment they worked on multiple projects but most of related to there main corporate website and mobile application .
within company is very friendly environment .
Terrible company to work for!
Authorizations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 23, 2018
I don't know where to start with HWA... It was terrible from the management all the way down to the environment. This is a last resort, save yourself the stress!
very loveble and relexed
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GASeptember 26, 2018
it is a very wonderful place to work in get to learn more about people and how they live. waking up and jumping to go to work is the most great feeling ever.
A great place to work if you're willing to work hard
HR Leader (Current Employee) –  WindsorJanuary 24, 2018
There are unlimited opportunities to advance and grow your career at Centrica if you're interested. The company has undergone tremendous change and growth so there's a need for smart and fast paced leaders that understand working in a global and dynamic workforce. I'm pleased with pay, we get an incredible bonus (high performers) and they truly care about you as a employee and human.
Customer Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJanuary 2, 2018
Boston Children’s is so much more than a hospital—it’s a community of researchers, clinicians, administrators, support staff, innovators, teachers, patients and families, all working together to make the impossible possible. ”
Nice place to work
Portfolio Delivery Project Manager (Former Employee) –  United KingdomMarch 29, 2018
Good environment, happy people and benefits are good.
I enjoyed my time working there. lots of business change in case you don't like change. Very big on change...
Pros
Free food, yes!
not the best
CENTRAL HEATING INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  mobileJanuary 9, 2018
middle management are pushed so hard that lower down the chain get the brunt of it. waste lots of money on projects that get snowballed. all that they are worried about is share prices
Take only if it's Your Only Offer
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Managers are only concerned with office politics and making themselves look good. They will pass the blame on lower level employees and do not provide encouragement or the tools needed to do your job correctly. Nearly everything is a hassle to get done because either people hired do not know enough about the job they were hired to do or they were hired because they have knowledge of the industry, not necessarily the department (i.e. hired to work in electricity finance because they did electricity sales, and do not know a thing about finance).

A lot of unethical activity going on and restructuring every 6 months or so. Lots of layoffs.
Pros
Unlimited Vacation
Cons
No training programs, need to use spare time on weekends yourself (i.e. watch youtube videos)
Work hard a reap the rewards
Field Sales/ Retail sales Deputy Team Manager (Former Employee) –  KentSeptember 8, 2012
I was in charge of my own day as long as i worked my hours
on ging training all the time
Most managers had started at the bottom so could give clear advise
Good team players all working towards a team target
The hardest part of the job was the winters.
I enjoyed my job the pay was great and skills could be put to practise
Pros
share save scheme. extra payment in cold weather for hot food
Cons
just the weather
Poorly Managed Company Cardiff
Outbound / Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLSSeptember 24, 2014
I worked for British Gas for few years to which was the worst job ever.

The place is so petty even senior managers engage in shocking childish behavior.

Nothing never gets done and forgotten about constantly like booking a holiday your manager would say ill sort that for you but does not bother and when it comes to having time off in the good faith its been booked you find out it has not and manager then denies you even asked him.

co-workers are jealous of people that achieve better than they do and work harder,

If you want to work for a company were its like being back at school and them childish days then British Gas would be right up your street.

SSE is much better company to work for by miles.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
childish management, broken promises by managers, pettyness
British Gas
Workman Internship (Former Employee) –  sfaxSeptember 25, 2017
British Gas is an energy and home services provider in the United Kingdom. It is the trading name of British Gas Services Limited and British Gas New Heating Limited, both subsidiaries of Centrica
Confusion & Disarray
SharePoint Architect/Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2012
This client was about to undertake a re-org, couldn't or wouldn't define clear objectives or requirements, and ended up putting the entire project on hold before we ever really got anything productive started besides a very limited pilot/exhibition of the technology.
Centrica British Gas
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  London, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Centrica is an Intranet website of British Gas. We developed Modules like HR Rewards, E-Expenses, Staff Match, Reference Data, Employee Engagement, External Contact Directory, Staff Suggestion and Surveys. This is a migration project from Plum Tree and ASP to SharePoint 2003 and ASP.Net (C#). We used most of the SharePoint portal features in this project like profiling, user preferences active directory integration. Web parts are extensively used for the migration of Gadget to Web parts.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Learned SharePoint 2003 from Hewlett-Packard corporate training.
• Worked with team leads on requirement gathering
• Analyzed old Plum Tree based portal
• Prepared high level specification documents
• Created a new SharePoint site , libraries and lists
• Developed Web Parts and User Controls
• Prepared DTS Packages to migrate data from Oracle 9i to SQL Server.
• Involved Build, Release and Configuration of all modules.
• Supported and bug fixes post go-live.
Good experience having moved around the company
Financial Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, UKMarch 17, 2015
Great company with many businesses. Good experience with good people in all office locations. I got the chance to work in Houston and Windsor so it was a great learning curve for me.
dfghsdrgh dfghdfghdfghdfgh
Slave (Former Employee) –  Everywhere and nowhereApril 8, 2016
Bunch of c###s with psycopathic management interested in ripping everyone over and ripping customers off with no regard for anyones wellbeing. Stay Clear.
Pros
Cons
Psycopathic management
Great work life balance and environment!
HR/Recruiter/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Awesome company, great work life balance and work life! Truly cared about their employees and work life safety was always first!
Pros
Health and safety!
Productive workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  customer service advisorJune 20, 2016
a typical day at British gas handling inbound calls from engineers and customers, dealing with inquiries, keeping engineers productive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centrica. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss