Centrinex Employee Reviews

Environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 14, 2019
It was horrible working there. There was no inconsistency no control. Everyone was all over the place the managers are rude and never really helpful. He had a little training and they threw you on the floor without any knowledge of what to do and left you to figure it out you’re for yourself.
April 18, 2019

CEO Response:

I'm not sure what department you were in, but there are departments where the client requires us to do an overview training and then learn on the fly. That is a client request and I have to oblige. You have no obligation to be an expert at it right away, we understand that.

I'm not sure about everyone being all over the place, but we are in a big growth mode right now, so it may have seemed hectic at times.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Bad work environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66223March 18, 2019
Was threatened by a whole gang while working there took it to my manger and nothing was done to any of the members associated left work because I didn’t feel safe
April 18, 2019

CEO Response:

I'm sorry you felt threatened by co-workers while you were here.

Something was done to the people associated with this the next day. I'm sorry you didn't stick around to find out.

run away
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 4, 2019
They dont care about there employees one bit. They never answer the phone to help you. The managers dont care either. When you go to a superior with a problem you are ignored and only told "company policy "
January 9, 2019

CEO Response:

Our supervisors and managers are trained to do the best they can to help every employee they can, but policies are there to make sure I can run a fair organization. While you may not agree with whatever decision was made about you (no idea who you are, by the way), but I can assure you we were fair about it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Our company is not for everyone.

Sincerely.

Bart N. Miller
CEO/Owner - Centrinex

The worst experiences in a call center environment!
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 27, 2018
I didn’t make it past two months time employed there. I saw two or three people quit within the first week while I was there, the management treat you like your children, they monitor everything you, can’t even have a conversation with your colleagues without a supervisor talking down to you are belittling you, you get no paid holidays and they don’t tell you about that before you start you don’t get hot water in the building but management does, you don’t get utensils and condiments in the break room, you don’t get paper towels in the restroom they treat you just like a seat filler like you’re a number and have no identity. I didn’t make it past two months time employed there.
Pros
Nothing for me
January 9, 2019

CEO Response:

So much negative and incorrect information to try to explain. I'll do it totally out of order in order to confuse everyone:

> I decided that instead of buying ketchup and forks (which have a habit of growing legs and walking out of the building on their own...literally, boxes full of stuff), I would provide my employees with things like health insurance, a 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. There's only so much I can give.
> The amount of waste that is created by the paper towels is too much for me to feel good about. What percentage of places do you go to now that have those air dryers in place instead of paper towels?
> We do pay holidays, just not right away. Put some time in and show me you're serious and I will do the same. And we most certainly tell everyone that before they start working.
> People come in here and think they are going to sit around and do things like talk to their colleagues all day instead of work. When they realize this place and the people in it work hard, they leave. This place is not for everyone.
> We try not to belittle anyone here. I will discuss this with my managers and get their feedback.
> The hot water thing is a good one. I'm going to go to the kitchen and check to see if you are correct...brb...
...ok, I'm back. When you first walk into the kitchen to the left hand side, there is a coffee maker. On the top of the coffee maker is a spout for hot water. I poured it into a cup and it was hot.

Again, this place isn't for everyone. I hope you find what you are looking for in the future.

Bart N. Miller  more...

Too much favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas city ksSeptember 28, 2018
I am new to the company and just the environment I have seen there, its not worth the night pay that I was offered, I left a higher payong job for this low paying job, why did I degrade myself, I just wanted a changed, we learn from our mistake.
Pros
Breaks are good
Cons
Poor management
October 25, 2018

CEO Response:

Phooey! I wish you could have brought that to our (my) attention while you were here. I would love to hear what about my call center degraded you so I can make it better.

I do not choose to have an environment that people do not like; I just can't read minds.

In creating your perfect job, sometimes you have to speak up to help the company build what you are looking for.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

CEO/Owner - Centrinex

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 26, 2018
i like my job. you work with people that understand what they do and if you have any question its not hard to ask or find out the answer. yes we do alot but the area is very melo you can dont really stress over anything... yes you get upset customers but you will get that any where. the management helps in and is very understanding on a lot of things as well.
Pros
they work with you
Cons
the bath rooms are horrible
September 4, 2018

CEO Response:

Thank you for the review. Our bathrooms get a lot of use, and so a few weeks ago we had a little (not little, but wanted to make it seem little) issue that is just about done getting fixed.

We try to stay ahead of issues in the bathroom, but sometimes big things go wrong. Then we try to fix it as soon as possible.

Let's hope that those issues are gone now.

Great benefits, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 30, 2018
Job itself was easy. Pay wasn't enough to compensate what they wanted you to do. Managers and supervisors didn't care about employee, just wanted you to make the numbers.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management

CEO Response:

Centrinex tries to provide a number of different continuing education and self-improvement classes and and meetings to help each employee grow with us. Centrinex University has classes on first time home buying, creating a budget, domestic abuse, employee workplace harassment, and so many others to keep them informed. The supervisors are your advocates to get you to be promoted to a Level II, III, or IV CSR. If you succeed in that, then they are successful as well.

I'm sorry you didn't experience that while you were here.

CEO/Owner - Centrinex

It was actually a nice work place There was just to much drama.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 20, 2018
Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients; verifying information. Determines eligibility by comparing client information to requirements. ... Informs clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information.

CEO Response:

Drama is a word we are trying to eradicate here at the call center. We want our employees to come in, work hard, and go home to their families without having to worry about any drama while they are here. Some people, however, can't help but create it. So we try to keep it to a minimum.

Thank you for your feedback!

Poor management parking
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 8, 2018
The managers will find any excuse to fire you instead of taking responsibility for their lack of management skills. Don't ever think that your Job is safe at this place, they will sit and wait until you make the smallest mistake. Their parking lot is small so if it's full you have to walk down the street to park. Then they make you sign a paper saying if you park anywhere beside where allowed, your car will be towed.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Favoritism, umprofessional, unorganized

CEO Response:

Parking is an issue for sure. We are pretty busy these days. We are forced by our landlord to make you sign that as the other building tenants do not want us parking in their lots. That seems fair, no? I know walking a distance from the edge of the parking lot or from our auxiliary could seem far, but at least you're getting your steps in! I used to have to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow both ways to get to my first job, so consider yourself lucky :-)

Firing employees is literally the most expensive thing we can do at our organization. We do not take letting people go lightly as it costs us close to $5,000 a year to replace a lost employee. It is a last option if the employee is taking advantage of the situation and making it unfair for the people that do show up every day.

I am always looking for ways for my management group to improve their skills. Thank you for the feedback.

Low pay
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 2, 2018
Just not making enough money to take care of my family. Though I was hired with low pay with 2 years of call center experience. I have 15 years of medical experience and type 50 words per minute.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Low pay

CEO Response:

We are trying very hard each day to pay as much as we possibly can based on what we can charge our clients. Call centers are super competitive so it's a constant struggle. I do know that we are now paying more on average than other larger call centers in town so we are on our way! Our new referral program will make that even better.

productive work place
inbound call agent (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 30, 2018
Centrinex was a good place to work because the employees and supervisors was very knowledgeable. It was a calm laid back work environment. I am very likely to recommend Centrinex for employment

CEO Response:

Thank you so much for the great review. It's a joy to read these.

Productive and Fun workplace
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 10, 2018
I really enjoy my family here, they will work with you and let you know that they are humans too. The pay is good and you can move up the corporate ladder.

CEO Response:

thanks for the review. It's true. With our new CSR levels, it's easy to move up the ladder and (and get paid for it).

Keep it up!

Completed first week
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 30, 2018
What a great experience! My trainer was engaging and presented the material in ways that made the learning fun and easy to follow. The management team took time to introduce themselves and tell a little of their story. The company seems to care about employees and has advancement opportunities.

CEO Response:

Thank you for the great review. We are trying so hard to make the early experience of our new employees as painless and fun as possible.

Keep it up !

jid
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 20, 2018
Centrinex was a good laid back job it was a great expereince to be able to learn with loans the training was pretty detailed and going out on the floor to start work was comfortable

CEO Response:

Short, simple, and to the point. Thank you!

Bart

There are much better places to work for the type of work they offer.
Customer Service/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 2, 2018
The environment is one of the worst call center environments I've ever worked for, there is blatant favoritism, not only for workers but for departments/portfolios as well. The owner blatantly and openly advertises for their political choices, as well as brings in those candidates to speak with workers, without providing an alternative choice. Workers are often treated like children. There is a very high turnover rate. The salary is very sub-par for the positions offered.
Pros
Hiring process is short.
Cons
Short breaks, only 30 minute lunch, crowded lunch area with limited space.
April 23, 2018

CEO Response:

There are a lot of things in this review that have me perplexed. I feel like I need to respond to each one individually.

1) Our environment. While I agree I do not have the Taj Majal as our interior, I think my call center is fairly typical when it comes to the environment. I believe that I do need to replace the carpet soon, but other than that, I don't know that it's not THAT bad.

2) This favoritism thing is a recurring theme I don't get. Who am I playing favorites towards? The ones who show up to work every day? The ones that work hard? If so, then I am guilty as charged.

3) My political choices are not being advertised. On November 4, 2014, Centrinex was fortunate enough to have Congressman Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO) grace us with his presence at my office when he was running for re-election (check Facebook). He is a Democrat. I also brought in Congressman Kevin Yoder (R-KS) at that time as well. That is about as fair and balanced as I can get. It is difficult to convince a political figure to come into someone's office during an election cycle, no less two. What company have you ever worked for that has had our nation's leaders come talk to a group of twenty people? Also, there's not much I can do to provide an equal choice of candidates if the candidates don't agree to come to my office. What would you have me do? Force them to speak to us? That's just not a possibility.

4) I do not instruct my management team to treat employees like children. If that is the feeling you got by how we manage, then I am truly sorry for that.

5) Turnover rates  more... are relative. Let's take a quick look at three examples that may not line up with your assertion:

A) our management and admin turnover rate is 2%. That is ridiculously low. The average tenure for someone in that position is close to seven and a half years.
B) our attrition for people that have worked for me over 30 days is less than 7%. You just have to make it through the first month and you're golden!
C) first shift attrition is less than 10%. For your typical shift, we are pretty competitive.
For attrition in the first 30 days, yes, it's higher than I want it to be and I'm working on ways to make it so those employees who are going to leave never work a single day in my call center to begin with.

6) Salaries are now better than they have ever been! If you have experience in customer service, you will be rewarded for it. If you work for me and do a great job consistently, you will be rewarded for it. I am spending a huge amount of my money to reinvest back into the company to provide the pay that my employees deserve.
I am so sorry that you had such a negative experience at my company that you had to write this review. Best of luck in your future.

setting appointments
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 2, 2018
Scheduling appointments for veterans and making sure they get appointments with in a nice time frame that. Veterans calls to get appointments so we call providers to set it up for them . It is very fast paste in a call center.
Pros
pay and learning new skills
Cons
short breaks
Unprofessional and Tacky
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 26, 2018
I’m going to keep this short and accurate, point system is awful, I seen that some ppl were shown favoritism, God forbid that you don’t meet your loan goals during tax season cause the supervisors will talk to them like they’re Worthless , Someone next to me Phone went off and management blamed me and suspended me the entire next day , instead of asking and investigating they TOLD me it was me smh. The company would send out very tackily worded email blast to all employees, this job is something to do in between finding something more prestigious. Very messy employees! Don’t even bother replying trying to justify the shenanigans.
Pros
Vending machines
Cons
Favoritism, Point system, Unprofessional
April 2, 2018

CEO Response:

I promise, I will not try to justify the shenanigans. I can't explain why things happened to you the way you explained them, but I can tell you that it is rare occasion, such as this, that they do.

Our occurrence system is automated in order to avoid any potential for favoritism and it rewards good behavior as the longer you are there, the more you get.

I wish you the best of luck in the future with your next company. I hope their Vending machines are as good as ours :-)!

Launching pad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2018
Working at Centrinex has been a good experience for me as I navigate the early stages of my professional career. I've made some valuable connections and the skills I've learned here will serve me well in future jobs.
Overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 6, 2018
Working at Centrinex you meet a variety of people who all share a similar goal; to exceed standard goals on a daily basis. It was a very laid back, fun environment and I enjoyed working there. My coworkers because very close friends, and everyone was friendly.
March 1, 2018

CEO Response:

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad you felt it was laid back and fun. I'm sorry you are no longer here as we have some great plans to help improve our culture throughout 2018. If anything changes, please come back!

CEO/Owner - Centrinex

Would love to come back but very unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 30, 2018
People have their phones out on the floor and really don’t get caught but others see it and it’s unfair. Have some rude manager and also need to be fair with everyone and not just certain people.. don’t need rasicist managers either when people come to work let them work and not pick on them
Pros
Cons
No good managers and need more flexibility hours
February 1, 2018

CEO Response:

I apologize that you felt like you were picked on when you worked at my call center. That is not a great way to feel. I believe that we are fair to everyone that shows up on time for work every day and does their job without issues. If not, we try to give personal action plans to help rehabilitate our CSR's to get back into the good graces of the organization. But it is a two way street. You are treated the way you deserve to be treated based on how you are performing. If you are not performing well for an extended period of time and the personal action plan is not working, then the conversations do become uncomfortable. That shouldn't be a surprise.

As far as my managers being racist, I would certainly hope that you would have brought this rather serious allegation to the attention of Human Resources while you worked for me rather than spreading those unsubstantiated rumors on this website. I can assure you that race, color, creed, religion, sex, or sexual preference is not judged or used as a decision for anything at my call center. One of our 10 CSR Bill of Rights is "Cultural Diversity" and we do that as best as we can.

We celebrate the great American melting pot at Centrinex.
(sorry, that sounded like an old Saturday morning cartoon).

Good luck to you in the future.

CEO/Owner - Centrinex

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centrinex. Our community is ready to answer.