CENTRO, INC. Employee Reviews

factory work
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 8, 2019
This company has a very low rating all the way around. Unable to provide information at this time.

Overtime was there. Work was easy. Go to work to work and not make friends, trust no one!
Pros
overtime
Cons
not everyone treated fairly at bonus time
Cut throat poor management
Pif (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 20, 2019
Very poor Management looks for any excuse to write up, if you dont sign up for OT it becomes mandatory. Worst training program ever. No life due to constantly working 12hr shifts. Your training will consist of being thrown at a book with no help. Fast paced, prepare to stay late even if you worked late AND came in early. This place is nothing short of a mess. Literally no one here likes their job and Ive asked everyone from 1st to 3rd shift.
Pros
Work keeps you occupied because you have to do everyone elses job.
Cons
Short breaks not up to date with HIPPA law
Centro busser
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 23, 2018
My experience at Centro was great and continues to be. I work with great employees that put a smile on my face and make it easier to get work done. At centro inc. I’ve learned a variety of tasks including cooking bread, bussing tables, watering/serving tables, busstubs, linens, taking trash out and finally closing the restaurant. I really feel welcomed here.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Repetitive work
It’s okay
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCDecember 4, 2018
It’s not a bad job if you want to work a lot of hours and need the money, great for a job that pays weekly and benefits are great but it is costly, don’t have time to get check ups or anything working second and if you work 10 to 12 hours
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Get a quarter point for not being 5 mins early
There’s no racists. And there is no harassment
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  East Moline, ILNovember 17, 2018
Worked for centro almost 10 years it’s great place for work.it would be better if the increased the salary.the parking is to far from the centro company.
Pros
40minutes time for breaks
Cons
You can’t use vacation days on the same days as someone else
Productive and rewarding workplace
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, IAOctober 11, 2018
If you work hard and show up everyday, you will be truly appreciated and promoted. The training program is great! Training is a little lengthy but well worth it. Leadership doesn't always handle things the best but the do care and do treat everyone fair.
The people at Centro are by far, some of the best you could meet and learn from. It's a factory, so it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.The job can definitely be stressful at times but if you just follow instructions and TRY, you can be successful.
Pros
Great Culture, rewarding
Cons
Lots of overtime
Was a good place to work, went down hill.
Prototype Technician (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCSeptember 13, 2018
Was a good place to work but overtime the company has lost focus on what Is best. at least at the facility I worked at. They used to be about quality but now it is more quantity then anything and the moral is not very good, it is hard to keep people for a long period of because of the moral.
Work is how you view it.
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCAugust 31, 2018
Teamwork is key, without the right crew the team means nothing. Drama will arise and majority will complain and not cooperate. Very unorganized place with lazy people who don’t clean after themselves. Management plays either favoritism or walk out the door if you’re against them. Getting hurt is definitely a big major, once you’re hurt be ready to have management try to get rid of you.
Pros
Good people makes the day easier
Cons
Management, Seniority’s that think they own the company
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, IAAugust 1, 2018
Centro Inc. is a quality job that can reward those willing to work. Unfortunately, management has lacked proper training procedures for new associates and retention has faltered because of it for the production floor personnel. The atmosphere is what you would expect from a factory, it will be hot in summer and colder in winter. Accommodations are plentiful with fans and ice machines throughout the factory, but little has been done in terms of ventilation. The hardest part of the job is the constant training of new associates and working the required overtime to make up for lack of coverage. The Management does what they can as a whole to better the daily routine of the production floor, but individually you will find Supervisors who are at times unreliable and hard to please. The people there are without a doubt some of the best you could know. Everyone with a work ethic understands the daily responsibility and those who don't tend to not last. The people I work with are the best part of my job, you will always find someone willing to help you when you fall behind in production.
Pros
Cordial Coworkers
Cons
Short breaks if any, inadequate tools, poor management
Fast paced
Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, IAJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work very hot but it's a nice place u have to pay attention to detail and you must be on time they don't like tardiness and they work lots of over Time
Pros
All the overtime u can work
Cons
Very hot

Want to know more about CENTRO, INC.?

Ask a question
Concentration camp
Product Finisher (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 8, 2018
Every single day additional tasks are heaped upon Trimmers/Finishers without giving them additional time to complete them. And in fact machine cycle times are now being SHORTENED. On top of that we have to stop and gather parts every time we run out...except that there's NEVER anyone in the cage to hand them out. And if you dare step into the cage yourself you're yelled at like you're scum.
Also have to go and gather pallets and build your own boxes to put finished products in...all the while waiting forever for material handlers to come clear out your full/finished boxes to make room, and all the while the work continues to stack up. So it's like Pharoah in Egypt: "Every day you must make 20% more bricks than the day before. And now you must also gather your own straw to make the bricks. We will provide you nothing!" They say they'll hire additional help, but that's total bunk. They can't keep the help they've got. You'll never see a Saturday off for the rest of your life. Have to request vacation time 9 months in advance or you won't get it. I would highly recommend working somewhere else.
Pros
Free pizza on Saturday
Cons
no life outside work, brutal expectations
Fast paced
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 21, 2018
Hot environment, fast paced. Nice management team. Not enough training for new employees. Weekly meetings. Easy going work culture. Nice pay and benefits
Machine (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJune 6, 2018
Teamwork is very important in my position here. As a machine operator we have to come in 1 hour earlier to start and warm up the machines. We help out the finisher down on the floor if they are behind. Everyone here help one another to hit the goal for the day. Overall it was a really helpful and good environment in Centro.
Rewarded for hard/successful work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, IAMay 9, 2018
A place that values its employees. If you work hard and are successful you will be appreciated and promoted. Leadership does care and for the most part is very fair with everyone. Maybe too fair as some workers are kept around longer than they should.
Pros
Culture that promotes from within
Cons
Physical work
Always feel degrated made felt lower then the boss that was not right what they done
Trimer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCMarch 15, 2018
I prob got the sever carpel tunnel from there didn't have hand problems before and I didn't even want to have to have them to pay so they let me go bc a Dr can't let me come back a couple days early
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Short breaks
Grueling but rewarding
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, IAJanuary 21, 2018
Not terrible if you're a finisher but Machine Operators are treated horribly. If you don't make cycle times, you don't get breaks. Often times we'd have to pass arms just to even get housekeeping done. People yell at you. I ultimately left because I was stressed to the breaking point. Management gives absolutely no hoots (to put it politely) about you if you go home sick. I was in the hospital for 5 days and they fired me. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
short breaks, unrealistic expectations, poor management
Fast paced but easy job
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 28, 2017
Was a god place to work! Could pay a little more but overall not too bad! Good benefits! Everybody seems to get a long together! Must be able to work with others and on your own as well!
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Short breaks
Failing company, high turnover, impossible expectations
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCDecember 9, 2017
I was recommended Centro as a steady place to work with decent pay. At the time I did not know in the past year the plant I was hired at was no longer profitable and roughly 85% of their employees on second and third shift had quit over the summer. This was a non-issue during the first couple months of my employment, but it gradually became a worse and worse place to work. There was unneeded workplace drama nearly every week, the amount of new hires coming in and subsequently leaving seemingly overwhelmed the management staff and took up much of their time that should have been used to coordinate machine operators etc. There were also serious issues with paperwork getting processed for certifications and raises, such as being trained as a finisher and failing to receive finisher pay despite doing the work. Overall the middle/lower management along with the people that have been with the company for a long time were all great people, there is just too much pressure placed on people that have just been hired to compete with the numbers posted by the experienced employees that came before them.
Pros
Decent Brakes, Good People
Cons
Hard to get your raise, high turnover, impossible expectations, drama
nepotistic environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 26, 2017
Their mission is client first, then employee, then organization. Decisions are not based on this mission and instead favor management. High percentage of people hired are family or friends of "President". Experience and accomplishments are not prevalent here. While their handbook states that they do not tolerate nepotism. It is an entirely nepotistic company.
Great Learning Experience
Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
I LOVED working at Centro because the company really wants the employees to learn and succeed. I learned so much about many different areas in media marketing. There's lots of cross communication between departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRO, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight