Centura Health Employee Reviews

Very fast paced work place gotta be on your A game
Centura health (Former Employee) –  United statesJanuary 22, 2019
Centura health is a hospital eveviroment it has its lows and highs some days are good some days are not just got to be very productive you have to be very oriented in cleaning and be very mindful that it is a hospital so cleaning is top priority
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Really doint have any thing but bad mgmt
Office Job
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2019
It was different for me because I was a temp agent hired through another company and when I was working there, some things happened and I got a larger work load than what my position was originally suppose to have. Even with that it wasn't a sweat
Good organization to work for.
Business support IV (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 18, 2019
The overall culture is becoming more employee growth oriented. We are striving to keep our employees, recognizing their need for work-life balance and career growth.
Pros
Fairly generous PTO. Affordable benefits.
IT Management is awful
Client Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 10, 2019
The management in the information technology department is awful. You can get hired on for one location and in one week you will be asked to travel to 2-5 different locations instead of staying at your home base.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Good Management and Opportunity to learn Independent Physician Groups
Manager Revenue Cycle and Contracting (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJanuary 8, 2019
I learned a lot working for Centura Integrated Physician network. Gave me a lens looking into issues of running an independent physician practice in Denver metro. My learning includes quality metrics, MIPS, MACRA, practice management, etc
Pros
Opportunity to work with diverse group of physician practice
Cons
Little choatic
The C Suite to not follow our CRISSIE values
Manager of Clinical Documentation Integrity (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 7, 2019
Centura's values have changed since our new CEO was hired. The C Suite do not follow our values. We are frequently told that we will be downsizing, so there is no feeling of job security.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Hypocrisy in the C suite
Very positive work experience.
PRN, Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 7, 2019
My experience at Mercy Specialty Clinics was very positive. My immediate supervisors were very supportive. Because I was a prn employee, they were proactive in making sure that I had appropriate work placement.
My fellow nurses were terrific and appreciative of my work as a prn employee.
Company is unstable, many changes in the two years, clinics closing, employees laid off.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 1, 2019
It started out as a good place to work, I had planned on staying for many years, In the two years of my employment, many rumors of clinics closing, management assured us that all was fine. Unfortunately, clinics were closed, practices were sold, providers had to relocate due to clinic shutdowns, staff leaving due to instability. I really enjoyed working here, I met the most wonderful people here.
One of the most positive and enjoyable work environments I have ever experienced.
Accounts Specialist and Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 30, 2018
This company has a community and employee centered work ethic and does not compromise with quality. All levels of management are groomed to make it a priority to be certain that every employee has the tools and training to do their jobs efficiently and with as little stress as possible. Successes are celebrated and struggles are met with training and mentoring.

The management's dedication to the employees and the clients is totally infectious and leads to a high level of dedication and professionalism at all levels.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and change without limits
Cons
Can't really think of any.
Good work environment
Administrative Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 23, 2018
Collaborative team and supportive management. Executive staff made themselves readily available and concerns were listened to. Pay and benefits provided were desirable.
great place to work
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 18, 2018
great place to work, awesome co-workers, love working here, however the stability is questionable. Never get in full time hours despite being hired for full time and this has just been over the past 3 years.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
unable to get full time hours in due to case load
Good company, not necessarily great management
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 17, 2018
This company has more positives than negatives, at least for me. My experience has been overall great but the middle management can be problematic. However, I'm highly suspicious it may not be how they want to be, but someone above them is likely applying pressure on them, but unfortunately it is always middle management that gets a lot of the blame and frequently the proverbial ax.
Pros
excellent coworkers, generally good team vibes
Cons
slow to hire when additional staff needed, micromanaging managers
Not a good place to work
Medical staff (Former Employee) –  Durango, CODecember 11, 2018
Current management at Mercy Horse gulch family medicine is TERRIBLE. The place lacks cultural diversity and respect. Management favors certain people. I felt VERY threatened by management. She has no experience as a clinical manager and is very unprofessional & prejudice. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
My coworkers were who kept me there
Cons
Very fast paced work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 5, 2018
The job was very busy almost all the time. The weekends seemed to be the easiest, but on the counter side of that argument it is a hospital. They did provide good benefits to employees.
Make sure what kind of office you want
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 26, 2018
Different offices/specialties run at different speeds. Some of them are alot of paperwork. With patient care you learn to have empathy for your patients and their families. The management overall is pretty cool. Once in a while you get someone in there that gets a big ego and starts micro managing. Hardest part of the job is losing patients. The first one is always the hardest. The best part of the job is the patients.
Pros
Knowing you have helped someone that day
Cons
Working in an office where there is no teamwork
If it wasn’t for my co-workers and my patients l, I would have left a long long time ago.
Business Suppprt (Former Employee) –  Durango, CONovember 17, 2018
The paid time off policy is deplorable. You do not get paid time off on holidays. You have to accrue those days off. The sick time policy is deplorable. And ever since Centura brought in corporate people from Denver, it has become a horrible place to work at. Me leaving was a blessing in disguise for me but the corporate mindset doesn’t care about how they treat people. I’m afraid patients are going to feel the corporate, impersonal mind set where they don’t feel they are important but are going to be treated like just a number. Shame on you Centura!
Pros
My co workers, patients, pay and health benefits were pretty good
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, horrible paid time off policy
Good job, but supervisor left a lot to be desired.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSNovember 14, 2018
Enjoyed this job very much, Great workplace. Made a lot of friends and acquaintances. The job did require a LOT of walking, and encompassed plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and other building maintenance . The Director who hired me was fired 1-1/2 years into the job and his replacement had no experience in building maintenance operations.

I worked our middle shift that began at 10 and ended at 6:30 p.m. I responded to emergency calls, and did regularly scheduled maintenance on specified equipment around the plant.
Pros
Overall atmosphere in the hospital
Cons
Supervisor ran the department as though it was a junior high school
Centura is a great place to work
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 14, 2018
Great place to work. I work remotely and have a great team to work with. We have a lot of different specialties to code for, lots of education is provided and supervisors are extremely encouraging and helpful
Overall good organization
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 13, 2018
Would recommend this organization, must be willing to look past the political and changing climate of the health system. I wish there was more of an ability to excel without hitting EVERY line on a job requirement, they don't leave much room to learn a new position. Expect that you already have all qualifications. However, if you're trying to excel and learn new things, that presents a barrier.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
reorganization of corp structure
Not a good company to work for.
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2018
Centura Health does not care for it’s employees. They do not care for their patients. The company is only interested in profit, which does not follow the mission of a not for profit hospital. I do not recommend working for this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centura Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight