Centura Health Employee Reviews

Heavy work load, fast pace, fast pt. turn over
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 8, 2018
Get ready to move at a fast pace. Checking in new patients along with discharging patients to go home. Lifting and transferring patients from beds to chairs and back, assisting patients to the bathroom along with their daily living skills of bathing, brushing teeth etc...
This is all done while answering patient call lights and helping out RN's on the floor with intake and output of each patient.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
heavy lifting
Easy Job, can be stressful at times though
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COApril 7, 2018
12 hour shifts become tiring, management could do a better job. Computer system is easy to learn. Earn a decent amount of PTO but that's for everything, sick, personal, vacation time.
decent place / decent pay / work life balance / remote work
Epic Analyst / Principal Trainer - Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 7, 2018
Centura offered decent place / decent pay / work life balance / remote work. I left because I felt stuck and as if there was no room for advancement.
Awful
Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
Awful. Poor management. Uncaring management. No perks. Benefits are very poor. Workplace culture is less than stellar. Did not learn much of anything.
overall good company
PATIENT ACCESS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2018
Great benefits. An overall good place to work. The training process is a little long and some key items are missed. Many different departments and managers so everyone's experience here is going to be different.
Company cares about staff and patients alike
Refund Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2018
Excellent company to work for- management has your back when it comes to decisions. The managers that I worked with were not micromangers they ensured that you had the resources needed to do your job and trusted you to use those resources wisely. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Very good pay and benefits, breaks were reasonable and overtime if needed was approved.
Job title doesn't match job description
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2018
The job description doesn't mention performance of embedding, cutting, or staining. It's misleading. What they need is a Histology Lab Assistant instead of a histology tech (according to the duties). There's a pay difference between the two, and one assumes the company is going to pay as a histology tech, doing the job as a lab assistant. Applicants should inquire about this.
Job description doesn't match Job title
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2018
Centura should change the title to "Histology Lab Assistant". Nowhere in the job description does it mention performing embedding, cutting, IHC, or special stains. There is a huge pay difference between a lab assistant and a histology technician. A histology lab assistant is what they need according to the job description. It's misleading.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2018
I LOVED MY JOB!!!! Working with the residents and getting hear their stories was amazing. There was nothing hard about this job, The food was great, the staff was great! I taught exercise and it was easy to forget I was at work.
The direction changes suddenly and without much warning
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2018
Started out with a great team, but have seen a complete turnover in the almost 2 years in leadership and HR. Do not align with the current decisions being made. Does provide good care and safety for our patients.
Fantastic organization to work for!
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 26, 2018
Would recommend anyone working here. If you love people and adore helping others anyway you can. Work here. I had to relocate or I would still be working for this fantastic organization. They taught me so much. Thanks, Centura Health.
Busy, hectic environment
C.T. Technologist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 21, 2018
Some really great staff. Can be a very stressful and toxic environment. But if you can stay out of the drama, it's fine. There are many different locations to work, and you see a huge variety of things.
Toxic, Retaliative, Hostile Workenvironment
RN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2018
Management is a tribe of likeminded, uncaring, toxic, EVIL entities. I cannot call them humans, since they don't have a heart.
Calling this organization a "Christian " institution with "Christ Like Values" is an insult to any religious person. It is unbelievable how uncaring, money hungry, and cold-hearted management is.
Jump the ship while you can! Look at Pueblo.
Colorado Springs Penrose Main "Purge" has already begun... they fired a 39 year long employee without warning (!) about 10 days ago. 39 years this RN worked for our community and management let her go.
Now think about that for a moment... Almost 40 years. And THIS is the RESPECT they gave her... I am so glad I quit before all this happened.
1. Management is incompetent and run by heartless liars.
2. I bet Penrose Hospital is splitting from Centura Health.
3. Find another job/ don't work there before the job frenzy starts....
4. RUN....
Pros
Co-workers who share your values
busy
Prn Rsa (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 19, 2018
busy the work rarely stopped to let you take a chance to cool off but it paid fairly well even though I was only prn but I never got the hours I wanted.
Great work environment
Clinical Certified Medical Assistant Lead (Current Employee) –  Frisco, COMarch 18, 2018
CHPG High Country Healthcare has a great work culture. They truly care for their employees and the team work is astounding. They not only see their staff as employees, but as family as well.
Unsafe and stressful
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 13, 2018
Here I was required to watch 72 patients at a time, some times more, and 25+ on the rooms' video monitoring. Phones wouldn't get answered in emergencies,
Pros
My emediate coworker
Corporate leaders
Business Support II Medical Testing Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 12, 2018
Upper management has little regard for employees
Cafeteria food is poor and overly-priced
Management demands a lot but gives little
lack of recognition
lots of gossip and back-stabbing
Mediocre Company
IT - Epic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2018
I worked in IT and the company is falling behind comparable organizations. I did not wake up wanting to go to work, but I didn't dread it either. They have the potential to do great things to advance healthcare but senior management seems more concerned with profit margins. They are a faith based organization but again they seem to put profit ahead of caring.
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
poor leadership at all levels, disconect with stated mission and actual organizational objectives
Good
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2018
CenturaHealth was a good company to work for. I learned a lot about the company itself and used the time to understand contracts. The workplace culture was good, I felt welcomed and supported.
Good company that takes pride in patient care.
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2018
Pride is taken in patient care and there is a very high satisfaction rating at my hospital. The wheels of administration spin very slowly however and there doesn't seem to be a training program for managers. The most difficult part of my job is office drama. The best part of my job is helping patients and having a good relationship with my coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centura Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight