Centura Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful place to Work
Physician Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 13, 2018
Centura offered me the opportunity to have the best job of my career. When they changed physician management groups, and the position was terminated, it was a great loss for me.
I love the organizational culture at Centura but...
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 12, 2018
It seems the revenue cycle does not follow the organizational culture. Management is quick to write up employees who do not meet productivity standards. They do not have a training program and after two weeks of sitting with someone who doesn't know how to do your job, they throw you to the wolves to figure the job out on your own. Once you think you have the job figured out, they write you up for not meeting departmental productivity. If you are written up, you are not permitted to receive bonuses, over time, pay increases, nor can you apply for any other position within Centura for 3 months. The environment sets a tone that produces results through threats of losing your employment.

I have heard other departments within Centura do not run this way. I love Centura and how well the organization takes care of its employees. I feel the revenue cycle departments need to be renovated.
Poor management
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 9, 2018
My department was extremely stressful. Daily productivity is high while maintaining high Quality Reviews. Lacked adequate training and threaten corrective action and possible termination if minimum requirements are not met. General morale is low. There is a very high turnover.
Pros
good coworkers, benefits
Cons
Poor management, very stressful, must use PTO for holidays
Stay away
Certified Nurse (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 9, 2018
Corporate healthcare with Centura is more about numbers than quality patient care. I would not take my own children to a Centura run facility. The company would step over a dollar to make a dime.
ok job but very shady when it comes to workmens comp and retirement benefits.
Clinical Associate CNA (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2018
This company had great benifits and pay but when i got hurt on the job they totally screwed me and i got nothing for an injury that i had for life. They also gave me none of my retirement benefits after 7 years of employment saying I didnt meet the hours required on 3 of the years. Really a bad choice of employment in the long run.
Pros
wage
Cons
Will lie if hurt on the job, no retirement scammed out of that
it is ok to work here
Full Time RMA at Southern Colorado Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 3, 2018
culture wise is it ok,management is nice to work with the hardest job is when we have to hear about our Patients passed away most enjoyabal is children and when we helped patients.
Some great people, Many silos
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 29, 2018
While there are great people here, I find that the teams do not communicate well and they is a tendency to point fingers. This can cause work to slow.
Stressful work
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 25, 2018
Everything seems to be STAT to test not enough employees too much turn over makes training difficult and people irritatable. The disrespect of others made it difficult to learn and feel welcome in the work setting. There seems to be a lot of passive aggressive behavior that makes for a uncomfortable area to work and compromise is not achieved respectfully.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria
Cons
Expenses for health care are over priced
poor management and opportunity for advancement
Patient Account Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2018
Pay is low as it is based on the national average. Turnover is very high due to poor communication from management, little support, and more work than can be done.
Overall a good company to work for.
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 25, 2018
Most people here believe in a team work environment.
I find that certain people are held to certain expectations that others aren't. Communication isn't what it should be and it makes it hard to be successful in your role at times.
Pros
Great group of coworkers
Cons
Unorganized with lack of communication.
Managers and higher-up create a toxic environment
Medical records/Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 24, 2018
The managers and supervisors at centura make it a very toxic place for anyone to work at. It could be a fantastic place to work. managers discriminate.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
Bad managers and supervisors
Not a great company
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2018
New CEO has really changed the culture, and not for the better. He gives a lot of lip service to caring about employees but actions speak louder than words.

Leadership at Penrose runs the hospital like a jr high school clique, if your not in the in group your chances of advancement are non-existence. Advancement is not based on skill or ability, it only matters if you "fit in"

No communication from leadership to staff. Changes are made and the only way an associate finds out is word of mouth. They are the most deceptive, secretive group of people I have ever worked for.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Management is horrid
Discriminatory and judgmental
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 20, 2018
Not everyone was bad Pm housekeeping supervisors are horrible. Lie n never help. Sit in office and we’re allowed to have relationship with each other. Everyone on shift scared of loosing their jobs. Supervisors like it that way
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Nutrition Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 19, 2018
My coworkers made it all worth it. They were all pretty unique and brought a lot of fun into the environment. It is definitely a nice place, and the work is never too stressful.
Organization is okay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
They want to be so much better, but it will take some work to get there. The people who work there are passionate about the work they do, but management needs some work.
Pros
Associates are passionate
review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 17, 2018
the manager stated he did not support our military.
A nurse student threatened to blow up my car on a military base.
I quit out of fear.
The pay sucked too.
Upper management
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canon City, ColoradoJuly 11, 2018
Upper management in hospital lead by fear many associates afraid of losing job because upper management would get mad at them.
The most enjoyable part of job was training.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Upper management
Poor Management
Lab Assistant / Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 11, 2018
I would not recommend working for Centura Health's Corporate Office. The overall office is spoiled by the fact that they do not actually make any revenue and rely entirely on the hospitals to meet projections. Furthermore there is very little communication and structure to their business processes, there isn't even a process in most cases. Over all they pay far below the market standard, demand nearly all of your time, and will burn you the moment you try to make any improvements.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
dog eat dog
no work/life balance
Senior Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
exploits employees. tries to do too much with too few
very poor managers
no vacation the first year
often technical people are promoted into management positions with no experience or training. My manager is disorganized and hates people.
Unproductive work environment
Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124July 10, 2018
I was very unhappy with the Management structure of the company as well as the fairness of promoting from within the company.

There was a lot of favoritism to include who you know instead of what you know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centura Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight