Centura Health Employee Reviews

Wasn’t treated fairly
Patient Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 12, 2018
I worked as a patient account rep. And woking for Centura was stressful. Management is awful they don’t care if you need help. They don’t answer your questions. They show favoritism. And they make you feel like you are not working hard enough even though your productivity is high and your monthly reviews are great.
Pros
Pto
Cons
The benefits doesn’t cover much.
Totalitarianism!
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 11, 2018
Centura has horrible management problems. They are extremely biased and discriminative. There manager only hire friends of friends and not fair about processes. They dictate employee beliefs and when employees do not they are punished.
Pros
There are no Pros with this company.
Cons
Totalitarianism
disliked
IHS Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 10, 2018
was only temp at the company too much politics!!!!!!!! management is not very knowledgeable of their employees jobs. Requesting too much from from their employees and not giving enough training on the systems.
N/a
Group Manager Care Coordination (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2018
Centura is a great health care orginazation an a employer I would recommend. I have been wtih Centura for over 10 years and would recommend them as an health care employer in Colorado.
disconnected Management
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 9, 2018
Leadership does not back employees and is not consistent in what they need from week to week. chances to be promoted for non family or good friends of leadership is very low.
Not terrible but not great
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St Anthony’sOctober 6, 2018
This is a very mediocre place to work. Nothing is absolutely terrible but nothing great either. Can’t keep a CNO for over 2 years. In my specialty, I would not feel safe being a patient here. Not because of the RNs but MDs admitting pts thin being spread too thin to take care of them.
Pros
Location, FFL houses here.
Cons
Healthcare benefits suck, low salary, little room to grow
Aweful company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 3, 2018
Work for UC health if you can. These clowns care only about money. I won’t speculate but if you want to know how well this company is doing during your interview ask them how their turnover rate is compared to other healthcare systems. That’s all you will need to know.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Narcissistic management with self projecting employees.
Don’t do it!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 28, 2018
Management is horrible, local and higher up, they’ll find the one to harass and if it’s you you’re done. Unhealthy place to work. Discriminate against certain employees . Human Resources is a joke too, won’t help out. Centura is slowly sinking and it’s because of poor management, they’ll do anything to get the hardworking, knowledgeable workers out, but will keep their lazy, Brown nose, troubled employees in. You’re not a patient, only a number they don’t care about the patient care, they just want you as a tally mark for their books. Don’t take or recommend family or friends to their outpatient therapy, horrible, you’ll get put on a bike and they’ll go treat someone else, once again you’re a number. I’ll never go there again, I’d pay out of pocket to go to a different therapy place Front staff is rude and manager does nothing about them. They turn away patients if they come a few minutes late to include patients being walked over by their doctor.
The Centura Mission is not followed like the way they expect everyone to see them as. I could go on, but basically if you’re a great butt kisser then you’ll be fine, if not don’t bother.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
Great patient interaction, that office was fortunate to have food brought in 4 days a week
Mile High Oncology & Porter Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 27, 2018
There were aspects of the job that were really great mostly surrounding patient interaction and being able to solve patients' problems. However the management structure and management/leadership philosophy skews more toward whether you fit into a certain box as opposed to rewarding you for being competent and taking pride in your work.
Pros
great patient interaction, food provided by pharmaceutical reps
Cons
Incompetent managment, vindictive office politics
Fun place to work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 27, 2018
Had a great time supervising the team and getting to know the doctors. Really enjoyable when tension was high and the race was on for creating amazing patient care.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
could not be even a minute late
I work with a great team; however, more support is needed to execute our mission
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2018
I absolutely love the team that I work with; however, I feel as though "doing more with less" gets to the point where burnout becomes the norm; therefore, an environment with significantly high turnover ensues.

I sincerely hope that there is a point in time that it is realized that in order to fulfill Centura's CRISSIE values and the uphold the mission leadership should highly consider the importance of their workforce and understand that without the many people in the many roles that are in, you wouldn't have the healthcare network that we do.

I feel that in order for the patient's to get the best care possible, you have to make sure that your staff is well taken care of. If the staff is understaffed, stressed, burned out-mistakes are going to be made that can be life threatening, patient satisfaction and patient safety will suffer and overall, isn't healthcare truly supposed to be about providing healthcare to the patient's within our communities despite the business aspect of it all?
Pros
PTO accrual is nice, current management supports having a work/life balance, teamwork is beyond amazing and I couldn't be more blessed and proud to work where I currently am
Cons
Short staffed, need extra resources to help with the significant patient volume at times
very diificult place to thrive in
RN (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 16, 2018
10 bed psych unit. Admissions,assessments,med administration to name a few daily duties. A new management company was added in addition to Centura. Since then a ridiculous amount of paperwork has been added to admissions and shift work. Besides work done on the computer. Totally inefficient and far from green. Changes are made often and management uses "the telephone game" to communicate these changes. They can't be bothered with providing written word to ensure those changes are made. Unit hasn't been full staffed for several months and management doesn't care. Risking staff and patient safety. We were expected to work overtime with no end in sight. All the while being told (subtle) we didn't contribute or bring in enough money if we didn't have a full patient census. Could go on and on. Negative place!
Pros
good pay
Cons
more forms/paperwork, always short staffed, poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 15, 2018
Overall, I have enjoyed my employment with Littleton Hospital and Centura Health. My boss has been easy to work with and enjoy all my coworkers. It has more of a small hospital feel versus a big teaching hospital.
Exciting place to work with great interactions between all departments
Supervisor Interstate Outreach Services (Former Employee) –  Durango, COSeptember 12, 2018
I spent 15 years with this organization through two corporate transitions and felt support all along. The senior leadership team was very engaged in all departments. I learned from them how to team build as the offered classes and seminars on this topic. The culture was that of a team, meaning each individual on staff was vital to the goals of the organization. The hardest part of any job is having to let someone go, but at the end of the day the team member created that situation after having been given multiple opportunities to meet expectations.
Pros
Organizational leadership and a culture of teamwork throughout
Cons
None; I left for Florida to care for aging parents
Productive and Spirtual based hospital group, With great patients and room to grow in the company.
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 11, 2018
Productive and great Faith based hospital group with room to excel in any position, with co-workers and Doctors focused on great patient care. flexible positions.
Pros
Great Co-workers and Doctors, Great locations and Cafeterias.
Cons
Competitive pay, Management turn around.
I have worked for Centura for five years
RN (Current Employee) –  LakewoodSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoy this hospital and the people I work with. I want to work with PEDS and that is not available here.
There is opportunity to move around the hospital.
Love my job
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 1, 2018
Love working at centura and working with patients
Helping team members with everyday problems to solve so that billing gets done correctly and in a timely manner
Particular Work Culture
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2018
This is a private Catholic Hospital, and the culture is about as repressive as you would conclude from that. I had a friend who was reprimanded for daring to have a sliver of cleavage out, and curse words we prosecuted to an excessive degree. Also, the management at the time was more interested in impressing their bosses than taking care of their people. This lead to a bevy of new challenges weekly, which were engaging to say the least. Also due to the smaller nature of the company, we had very good tools, and I miss that part of working there the most.
Pros
Great tools
Cons
Curmudgeonly environment
Not worth the stress and low pay
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 27, 2018
Horrible place to work that does not believe in workers having families, as they expect blood, sweat and tears while no raises or any incentives are given. In fact the last 8 years my husband and myself dedicated to working at that place was for nothing. This company is flat out lying if they claim otherwise, and once they have used and abused you to do the work of 2 and 3 people don't be surprised when they decide you're no longer needed because you're not willing to bend over anymore! Take a look at their turn over rate if my comments seem harsh, because its true.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
horrible management, over worked and under paid is an understatement
What a Joke!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 26, 2018
Don't ever sign contract with Centura! My first contract they did not meet the health standards and the second contract they could not provide a reason for layoff. What a mess! Highly rec you find another hospital! anywhere is better then here. Staff in the EMR are backbiting and confrontational. They do not work together as a team .
They don't give any warning, they just lay you off! Its better to work anywhere but here!
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
everything there is to offer!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centura Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight