Centura Health

Centura Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,334 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Centura Health selected this as a representative review
I am surrounded by an encouraging, supportive environment. They are always helping me push myself to do my best and also acknowledge my work and contribution.
January 25, 2021
Centura is a community of respect, love, and support and we thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us!
They have made recent changes to be more competitive with pay and PTO. Depends on the department, but typically feel heard by upper management. A large hospital system so lots of opportunities.
April 14, 2021
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive rating and share some of our updates. Have a great day!
Love helping in many ways. Comfort and kindness in the radiology departments. Always follows proper protocols and consistent learning updates for job development.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lacking in wages, no paid holidays
April 9, 2021
We are always so pleased to hear about experiences like this! Thank you very much for taking the time to share, it means so much to us.
Centura has always treated me well, and has provided me with a stable and reliable job. I appreciate the time they put into my training and making sure I always felt supported.
Pros
Health benefits, consistent hours
Cons
Compensation
March 29, 2021
Your affirmation and kind rating made our day! We are so grateful for the opportunity to work with you!
At Centura, there is constant turn over of entry level positions as well as middle management. Employees are encouraged to ignore work/life balance boundaries as a way to prove worth, without promotions or raises but in fear of losing their job. Their PTO policy is worse than lackluster as there is no medical time off, only PTO, which includes national holidays.
Cons
Short breaks, bad pto policy, high turnover
March 25, 2021
We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us and we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please contact us at CenturaCareers@Centura.org at your earliest convenience so we can answer any lingering questions you might still have. We look forward to hearing from you.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Often busy, even on night shift. Management has been recently cutting hours once census goes down, which is fine sometimes but can be VERY stressful when we have multiple traumas/critical patients coming in at once. Lots of opportunities and support for learning. Some of the nurses are burnt out and it shows, both in their interactions with their peers and with patients.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Everyone is stressed out and underpaid
March 23, 2021
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are always looking for opportunity to grow moving forward.
Indifferent management. Good staff and RNs. Slow reaction to Covid, with safety standards compromised unnecessarily. Screening visitors and staff should have happened much sooner
March 23, 2021
We value your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your experience. If you would be willing to follow up with us, we would greatly appreciate it. Please email CenturaCareers@Centura.org Thank you.
Some managers are only there to climb the ladder no matter who they use and squash on their way up, others care...they get forced out. Most care teams work as such with of course the few bad apples that would rather play on their cell phones than help a fellow nurse or CNA. Most docs are kind and approachable...a few bad apples there too. Residency programs available for new grass and current RNs to change specialty. Those change opportunities are few and far between though.
Pros
Generally a good work group
Cons
Hard to change or advance specialty
March 17, 2021
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive rating! Our Nurse Residency Programs happen multiple times a year depending on your interest. Detailed information can be found here: https://www.centura.org/careers/nurse-residenciesThank you again for your comments.
Its an ok place to work as a paramedic but you can only go so far here. Hours are ok nut overall they have staffing problems that leaves room for overtime.
March 12, 2021
I work for CHPG and the office I work for is great, coworkers and doctors are wonderful. The management changes often and the leads and staff have to explain how the office is ran and why certain policies and templates are in place. Centura has a long chain of command which makes it nearly impossible to get anything important approved. Higher never come to the office to see how things are ran before making big decisions. I think they mean well but they are their own worst enemy. Most of the changes are a waste of money amd time, eventually things get changed back.
Pros
Staff, doctors, and overall company means well.
Cons
Too much turn over in management too many new people wanting to make changes without knowledge
March 4, 2021
Thank you for your review. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at CenturaCareers@Centura.org
I had a weird position where I drove from Kansas to Denver on a daily basis. Being a courier driver for Centura Health was very easy and typically stress free. Benefits were really great and coupons were an added bonus. Some people that you work with were rude, but most people, if not everyone were generally awesome people. Garden City Kansas to Denver Colorado courier driver runs get a 5 star rating by me.
Pros
Benefits and environment is great!
Cons
Pay depends and management slow to resolve an issue but not too many issues.
February 23, 2021
We really appreciate your recommendation! Thank you for sharing!
I have worked at Centura since mid-2019. Overall I have had a positive experience and have learned a lot. However, please be aware that despite allowing associates to work from home for almost an entire year due to COVID-19, they will likely require everyone to work from the office full-time again post-pandemic because leadership was historically very inflexible. If this is the case, I will likely search for a flexible or fully-remote job elsewhere. Beware that they did lay off hundreds of associates in September and this is apparently something they have done before. They laid off associates at all levels, not just entry/administrative.
Pros
Good culture, good management depending on department, decent pay and PTO accrual, which increases every 2 years
Cons
Little room for advancement for entry-level associates, very inflexible with work from home pre-pandemic (and likely to return to this post-pandemic, despite many associates proving that they don’t need to be in the office 5 days/week)
February 24, 2021
We are so appreciative of your positive review! We will be sure to pass your comments along. Thanks again!
The business does not feel stable or secure. All the employees in my clinic are concerned about the office closing. Business has slowed significantly and my manager is quite inept. I like Centura as a whole, but my manager is difficult to work with. Other areas of the hospital system may be doing very well. The benefits and PTO are good, in my opinion.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
No paid vacation days
Shadow the job you’re doing first. The CEO sends mixed messages. My direct managers have been very supportive while I have been in school and working with my schedule.
Learned a lot here. Most of the doctors were very willing to teach my curious mind. Being a former EMT, I was typically looked down on by doctors, but I felt part of a team and enjoyed working here.
February 24, 2021
Hi there, thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for us! We are grateful!
Loved working here! The staff are all amazing & care so much. The management was wonderful as well. I never dreaded going into work & will always miss the special friendships that I created here.
January 22, 2021
Thank you very much for the positive rating and kind words! We truly appreciate it and you!
I enjoyed working with Centura. The team members I worked with were always supportive and eager to help when needed. Managers communicated continuously with team members regarding updates, continuing education and individualized development. Every job has its up and downs, I can honestly say at Centura the ups consistently outranked the downs. Great company to work for and be apart of.
Pros
Open communication, ability to work overtime and the team members
Cons
Need more CNA’s/shift and inconsistent distribution r/t patient acuity
January 22, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your positive recommendation means a lot to us!
Centura has a lot of work to do. The amount of turn over is ridiculous. Very understaffed with no work life balanace and the pay was horrible. You only accumulate 6.77hrs per pay period and you have to use PTO for every holiday or clinic closure. You basically have to save all of your PTO just to get paid of the holidays.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
PTO and Pay
In any work environment a good team can make the difference. In my experience there were mostly great teams that were goal oriented to help achieve the common goal for patient care.
January 22, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience! We value you and appreciate you bringing your talents to our organization!
Paid pretty well in the area I contracted to. The facility had major staffing issues alot of time 30:1. Recruiter didn't call often to see how things were going and if I wanted out of there I was traveling to an 8 wk. Contract at $12.00 from $21. It was hard to feel like you were being heard.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Benefits worked alone 90% of time with 30 residents
January 25, 2021
GREAT PLACE TO WORK and very hospitable people to work with. I loved learning more about healthcare and expanding my skills. I would love to continue my education and grown within my career.
January 25, 2021
Thanks for your comment. As the region's largest healthcare network, we can use our resources to give the best quality care to our community and career growth to our caregivers.
  1. Employee Reviews