Centurion Health

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Chart reviews very structured but worked well with others during this process

Chart review within the prison system. Very structured but interesting. Worked well with others to complete task. Very detailed oriented Work hours were very flexible

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Structure of prison system

Managment Plays Favorites

I worked as a NP at multiple work sites and the Management/Medical Director plays favorites. You will be asked to do unethical activities. If you refuse you will be informed by Management that you are not a team player and made to feel guilty for refusal. Security was always short staffed which made a significant negative impact on the Medical Team. The work is manageable; although stressful and the hours are adequate to promote a work/life balance. On call hours are 24 hours a day x 7 days a week at some sites; which are problematic to a high degree unless you can fall right back to sleep after being woken up several times a night. You will be expected to see a full load of patients the following day regardless of how many hours you actually slept or didn't sleep. There are many "Aggressive and forceful and opinionated" personalities that you will encounter daily from Upper Management to Mid Management, Security and Staff which you will work with in the clinic setting.Just realize you will never get a raise no matter how good you are. So be happy with your starting range because that is all you will get.

Pros

diverse work experience, daytime hours, holidays off

Cons

dangerous work environment, no merit raises, management plays favorites, On call 7 days straight

Money is good, can't say much else is.

Poor work environment. Lack of happy people. lack of guidance and interest in employees.The pay is great, and that is why people stay. Flexibility of schedule is also a great perk.

Pros

Pay, Flexibility of schedule

Cons

management, work environment.

Toxic work environment

Do not work for this company. It is a toxic work environment with management just looking the other way and not addressing the issues. It all depends on who you are as to whether you have to abide by the rules or not.

Toxic place to work

From the beginning I knew this was going to be the worst job. Management is horrible. They need to invest in training their management. From the beginning they don’t train you and when you ask questions the Accounting manager quickly gets angry and responds to you with a huge attitude. She is always on vacation and never spends times with her workers. Lack of personality with huge attitude. Worst experience ever. Try to stay away from this place if you want to have a work/life balance.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Horrible and hostile environment to work in.

The company does not respect their employees. You get written up for things that dnt even make any sense. The admin at Tucson complex is horrible and biased.

Be cautious

I worked at Augusta State Medical Prison for Centurion and it was my hearts desire to be a blessing. The recruiter for Centurion was misleading in many ways. The amount of work was not fair as the salary was incomparable. It is not the offenders, they were always kind and respectful. Mental Health Management does not seem to appreciate good hard workers. There is a lot of childish favortism and non caring attitudes towards some staff. Centurion does not seem to truly care about the offenders and want the very best for them. It seems to be more about quantity than quality or good patient care, and overall well being. I was disappointed. I was so excited when I received the job offer but all the poor training, work overload, and lack of empathy changed that quickly. I hope those offenders get the help they really need and deserve when it comes to their Mental Health.

Pros

A few amazing counselors

Upper management is awful

Co-workers were amazing but upper management overloads staff with unnecessary tasks even when understaffed and has a do as I say not as I do outlook.

Pros

Always has OT availble but that can be a con because it also means short staffing usually, pay used to be competitive but other jobs pay as well if not better now.

Cons

Too much busy work, upper management degrades staff when they don't meet impossible expectations, management not helpful and rarely lends a hand when staff are overwhelmed, horrible at covering shifts when call offs or others scheduled off, time clock in clinic and clocking in can be difficult due to waiting on security staff to open doors, which also means a 15 minute lunch rather than a 30 minute lunch if you want to leave the building, while other contracted organizations have clocks up front

Potential

I worked for Centurion Health at Polk Correctional and there is potential to be a great place of employment. Pay was fair to start but I didn’t see a raise in the near future. It’s an amazing place to learn and experience medical diversity. There are many members of the staff who are a blessing to work with and to learn from. I would work there again if I needed to, but it does have potential to be a great place, like with any work place there are ups and downs.

Pros

Three 12 hour work weeks if fully staffed.

Cons

SOME management

Very Punitive

Centurion is the most punitive company I've ever worked for. Salaried employees are treated as hourly employees. The time clock is inconvenient to get to in the mornings and if you clock in even seconds late, you accrue 0.5 points. You are expected never to leave early, for any reason or you also get penalized with 0.5 points. A missed punch is 0.25 points. It's extremely easy to get written up when working with this company because of their reliance on this points system. The company puts on the façade of being family-focused, but makes it very difficult to actually take care of yourself and your family in times of need. Maternity leave is skimpy at only 4 weeks. Overall, management is poor and the employees are seen as expendable.

Pros

Good benefits, somewhat flexible scheduling

Cons

Punitive, poor management, poor support

Jobs at Centurion Health

See more jobs

Some room for advancment, takes time though

It takes time to advance here, like years. If you are at the bottom it is not to bad because the work is manageable. If you move up you do get paid more but there are few opportunities to do so, and things get more complicated as you do. There is generally no chance to move to the larger corporation.

Pros

good pay, good PDO & holidays

Cons

some managers are not good

Many changes with full support of upper management

Many changes were being implemented without the full guidance or awareness of upper management. Poor trickle down of information. Sometimes stressful atmosphere due to lack of collaboration between departments.

Attentive to patient needs

Attentive to patient needs and getting them the treatment they need. Paid holidays,no call. Excellent compensation. Great co-workers. Making a difference to individuals who likely have never had medical care and seeing them attain healthier status.

Pros

Energizing work environment

Cons

Does not use EHR yet.

Coworkers are great, but plan on working short with no management help

People have been there for years with no raises, they keep piling on more work with no additional help. Management is rarely on the floor, the staff has ţo be completely drpwning before they are helping. My coworkers are amazing but it's too much for me

Pros

Great learning experiences, great coworkers, benefits

Cons

Staffing, pay, management

Better than any of the other companies within its industry.

Centurion is probably the best of its corrections healthcare industry. This is in regards to how it treats its employees and the quality of care it provides to inmates. After working for 4 of them, I can honestly say that this has been the healthiest work culture I've experienced. Benefits could be improved-specifically the healthcare options. Pay is decent for industry. Flexible work schedule, especially for care providers such as NPs/PA/MDs.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, organized, healthy work culture.

Cons

Working in a prison setting, sites are often requiring large commutes

A great company to work for

Work as a contract provider in a prison, responsible for caseload management, segregation rounds, documentation, groups, etc. The company is supportive with a flexible schedule and generous PTO. The workplace culture varies, I'm lucky to work in a small, laid back facility so my stress level is much less than one who has to work in a large facility with a more challenging population. Trainings are excellent and you get tons of free CEU opportunities. Loads of documentation and constantly having to deal with being short staffed are drawbacks.

Pros

Competitive pay, benefits, and PTO. support from regional office

Cons

paperwork, sometimes dangerous work environment depending on facility

Decent pay, Not as bad as other places.

Things are definitely different since Centurion took over. The overall mission of the Integrated Treatment Program has become muddled intoThe politics of mental health and corrections. Overall, I know how to Do my job and with decent boundaries and radical acceptance, it isn’t too bad. Thankfully my position is a small facility of female offenders so it’s rather safe compared to other facilities.

Pros

Pdo, 4 10 hour shifts, great treatment team

Cons

PDO is forfeited when you leave the company, you get to do other people’s work

Prison

It’s not for everyone. I love the on-site staff and teamwork. Can’t say much about upper management. We do waste time on too many phone meetings though.

Its ... okay

I have been with this company for 5 years. Biggest complaint, no raises or promotional opportunities. If you want a job with job SECURITY, than this is the company to work for. If you want a job with stability ... this is it. But if you want a raise, or recognition, or to be fairly compensated for your duties which are ever growing, i suggest working elsewhere. Every year we hear the same ol' "changes and raises are coming", and every year without fail we are still not compensated. Its a running joke amongst employee's at this point. You might see a "3k sign on bonus", but the reason they have to offer that is because they cant keep nursing staff on site due to no INCENTIVES to actually stay. It would be cheaper to give someone a few dollars/year to stay vs. handing out thousands and thousands in bonuses constantly. Just seems kind of counterproductive if you ask me. This parent company is a fortune 500 billion dollar company who willingly allows their employee's so suffer year after year financially. They don't take into account the cost of living for your area, or how high the housing market has become. As long as you pass your audits you're a number they're willing to keep on payroll. If you want to feel unappreciated, underpaid and overworked, Centurion is the company to work for. The only plus side is HR makes it borderline impossible to be fired, so at least we wake up knowing we have a job.

Pros

job security

Cons

no raises

Not for everyone

A typical day is like being arrested everyday. You are searched, go through a metal detector, Told to put your food in a trash bag if it is not in a clear container. It takes about 10 minutes to do this. You clock in after walking across a compound where inmates are roaming about. You are treated worse than an inmate. It is difficult to do your job when security will not allow you. Administration does not care, as long as human resources are never called, nothing gets done. If you do call them, you become a target for security and Administration. Stay away if you value your self respect and health. No raises ever.

Easy RN work

Long hours, sometimes no relief, no support from upper management, prison environment can sometimes be unsafe, not allowed to have certain personal items in prison

Pros

Cons

Pay, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centurion Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss