Centurion Health
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Centurion Health Employee Reviews

United States467 reviews

centurioninmateprisoncorrectionalcorrectionmentalnursehsa

Chart reviews very structured but worked well with others during this process

Chart review within the prison system. Very structured but interesting. Worked well with others to complete task. Very detailed oriented Work hours were very flexible

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Structure of prison system

Terrible working environment

With virtually no training I was expected to learn to learn the EHR in 2-3 days. The rules for taking care of the inmates is totally contrary to good care and providing caring and compassionate care. If the chief doctor sees anything her doesn't like you're gone that day...no exceptions.

Centurion Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Overworked, underpaid, under supported, unethical practices

A typical day involves you receiving little to no training before being put i dangerous situations that are highly stressful. Management only cares when there is a problem, and is quick to gaslight employees when ethical concerns are raised. The culture is non-existent though they claim to be about mental health promotion and treatment. Clients are great and the most enjoyable part of the job, working with the management drove me out the door, unethical incompetent malpractice at every level.

Good Pay, Horrible Management

Centurion is the worst company you can work for. I would not recommend anyone to work for them. They keep you in the dark about everything such as job positions, schedule changes, your hours, who's working with you. They give you a raise and then tell you that they are cutting your hours so it's not like you even got a raise. There is absolutely no communication from "upper" management. They play favorites. If they like you or you are their friend you can get away with anything. They fire good employees for no good reason and allow the "bad" employees to stay and work. They usually hire their friends over better qualified candidates. If you speak up and or against them they retaliate in subtle ways so it makes it hard to say they are doing so. Your "upper" management will yell and cuss at you and others often times when you are alone and there are no witnesses. If you did ask for a witness to be available it would be someone that would lie for them or they would retaliate against you for asking. Yes they pay well but this is a horrible company with horrible management. They do not value their good and loyal employees at all. You are always disposable to them. They are bullies. Run as far away from this company as you can!

Very friendly environment and supportive coworkers

I am grateful to have been given this opportunity, I love the environment, my coworkers are friendly and supportive, I feel welcome and at home here. I’m truly blessed and grateful, thank you so much!

Pros

Supportive people and surroundings

Cons

Extensive training

The population and co-workers are the best thing about working at Centurion,

Management act like they care but only about the money. Do not miss working for management that was in place when I left but than turn over is fast and often.

Pros

Relationships with co-workers

Cons

There was a lack of structure and leadership.

Upper Management is Not Great

The staff I work with on site are great. Upper management? Horrible. They don’t care about the lower level employees. Pay is not enough for the job, although the job itself is very rewarding. Benefits are alright I guess, not wonderful, but they work.

Wonderful clinical leadership

I really enjoy my job and the corporate nursing leadership is incredibly supportive. Centurion absolutely lives up to its company values. They care about the staff and patients.

Not a team

Started with no training worked there for 2 months and ran away. No one wants to pitch in and help. I asked for help multiple times from coworkers only to get an attitude from them and snid remarks.

Great company

The management here is amazing! I enjoy work everyday! Honestly, I haven't had many issues. What stands out is the overall culture. This company cares about how to make things better, what needs to happen in the future, and who will be affect by their long term decisions.

Bad management and they are disrespectful to their workers. Lots of gossiping and snitches there. Toxic environment.There are nice on public, but in private conversations they're very disrespectful.

It is a great company

Very supportive and a nice place to work. Steady workflow there is always something to do or other people you can help. They are flexible, understanding and supportive

Management lies, rewards lazy workers and punishes those who work hard.

Dishonest leadership from on-site on up to regional/corporate. Dangerously understaffed with no support from management sitting behind a desk all day.

Mean Girls Club

The correctional environment can be stressful enough but add having The Mean girls Club as your bosses on top of it and it's even worse. The only reason to stick around is the pay and it's a big reason why everyone does. Management doesn't care about employees unless you are their friend or they like you for whatever reason. If you aren't then you better watch out because they will gang up on and come after you for any little thing. It's a terrible work environment and most of the employees are unhappy. You complain and then there is retaliation in some way shape or form, It always comes one way or another. They love to talk bad about people to other employees too. Poor examples of leaders.

Good Compnay

Good pay, good benefits, good PDO accrual and it’ll be hard to find better management, periodic bonuses, received a Tiffany & Co. gift that was valued more than $350 for working with the company 5 years.

Pros

12 hour Shifts

Cons

Nothing noteworthy

Easy job, poor management

If you want to be treated professionally this is not the place for you. The job itself is fun and easy, but if you dont want to be told to do unethical or fraudulent practices endangering your license then walk away from this company.

Nothing good

They are reactive, not proactive. Management from on-site up through corporate are ignorant to what their staff actually do, wgat our jobs are, or how hard we work

They didn't pay well

I. Enjoyed my job, I liked the officers but prison was short staffed most of the time, need better communication with administration, also needed better pay.

Unwilling to help

This company is a complete disaster! None of the facilities follow the same set of rules or operate the same way. You can build pto but good luck using it. Don't work at this place unless you like being talked down to and yelled at. They will hire you for one position then change it without any notice.

Pros

No pros

Great Company who values employees

Centurion took over in 2016 in an emergency request from the state. Immediately I felt like part of a team that wanted what is best for those we serve. Patient care was and is made top priority. Employees are valued and appreciated.

Pros

Since of belonging, provide great care for the undeserved

Challenging work for a vulnerable population

The population is difficult, but the most challenging part of the job is working with other disciplines and feeling unappreciated by the company. Over the last few years more challenges have been added to an already difficult job. The pay needs to be better !

Common questions about Centurion Health

Answered by current and former employees at Centurion Health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centurion Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight