Century College Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 6, 2018
Fast paced but still a good job to learn skills for dispatching at. Staff has maybe 6-8 employees in total but it is a small campus which means not to busy.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Small space
Advising and Counseling Student Worker
Front Desk Student Worker (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 28, 2018
It is a great environment to work, especially if you are a student. The position I had was very flexible, the Advisors, Counselors and front desk personel were AWESOME! Very supportive people and friendly. Will be sad to leave when I transfer out.
Student Worker: Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 11, 2018
I was a student worker while attending Century College the pay was good, but I planned on transferring to another college so I knew I was't going to work their for a lifetime career. I learned how to teach others and create and manage my own schedule rather than one created by an employer.
Strong student-focussed atmosphere
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 5, 2018
Century college maintains an excellent, supportive learning environment for the students and great cooperative colleagues for the faculty. I feel like I have grown professionally since working at Century and developed strong professional relationships.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to move into full time, permanent positions
Great supplement to your education
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 18, 2018
I was a student worker at Century, and it was great. The pay is what you would expect from a school job, they work with your class schedule, and if no one comes in to get tutoring help you have the time to get some of your own class work done.
Tutoring
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMay 10, 2018
Tutoring those students in need for help based on what your hired on is not too bad. I tutored English students who needed help on writing essays. The job is pretty flexible.
Horrendous Administration
Department Chair (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMarch 2, 2018
This is a cut-throat institution in which to work. The administration could not be any worse. They make life miserable for the faculty...and then the students blame the faculty, of course. The pay is terrible compared to what you could receive in private industry. The faculty are asked to lie on reports to accredit or re-accredit their programs. There is not enough money to fund most of the programs, so money is "borrowed" from oneprogram when the accreditation is due to make it look like the money is there. The administration is frustrated. The faculty are frustrated, and the students are especially frustrated as they do not get their needs met. Most of the faculty work at least 10 hours a day and have to take work home with them at night to get it all done. Due to lack of equipment, some of the programs are run at night by exhausted or volunteer faculty. The workplace culture is very poor as the faculty are worn out and told they must work summers even when they are not getting paid. The hardest part of the job is the faculty having to kiss up to the administration's poor performance, because we don't dare blame them. The students thinks the faculty can do whatever they want. We are just puppets for the administration to push and pull around. The benefits could be good, but nobody is happy so why invest in a union when it is useless.
Pros
Half way decent benefits besides the long, lousy hours
Cons
Long hours, inadequate equipment, poor quality students accepted into programs.
review
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  White Bear, MOFebruary 1, 2018
i was a student worker so there was really nothing to say a bout this job other than that it was relaxed and good environment with good student workers and management.
it was a great place to develop on my skill base
Student (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJanuary 21, 2018
I was able to obtain a certification in cabinet making, heavy equipment, and some small business management and look for to using the skills that I acquired in real world events.
Pros
great one on one assistance
Wow, what can I say
Leaderhship (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 15, 2018
The culture is a BIG problem and it's weaved throughout that starts from the top, down and through. Hopefully, new leadership can help change things there.
Pros
Students
Cons
Too much to list
Productive environment friendly
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Help connect students to places they need help learning about, phone calls students about continuing their education, renting equipment, selling snacks and tickets, host of college intramurals/ open gym.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Good work life balance in an academic setting
Advanced Manufacturing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 18, 2017
This was my first forway into the Academic world. If you are a Learner then this is the place for you! The pace is slower than the Corporate environment as much of the decision making is consensus based. If you can live with that it is a great environment!
Fun and supportive place to work
PAC (Current Employee) –  Student LifeOctober 10, 2017
Managers are always very supportive of school schedule. Very flexible hours and fun environment to work in. Equal opportunities given to all students.
I really liked how face paced it was.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 29, 2017
I really liked how I got to learn so many different techniques in 3 months. I liked how my professor also worked for Health East and would tell us stories about what could happen working in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Very prepared for my state test!
Cons
night classes
Student ambassador
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Assisted new students with class schedules, financial aid, and touring the college. I also worked the welcome desk. When your face is the first face a person see; the feeling of making them comfortable was the joy of working at Century College.
Pros
The College
Cons
N/a
Good First Job, Not Long Term
ASSESSMENT COURSE PLACEMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Century College was a good first job out of college. It's an hourly paid position with great benefits However, there is no room for advancement in most positions which can be very frustrating. The workplace culture is not ideal, at least for me. There is no team playing and for all having the same goal there is a lot of unnecessary competition between staff members. I do really enjoy working with the students and professors helping students to be successful at Century College.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Mangement
overall review
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNAugust 3, 2017
My overall work experience was good. I worked some very nice people. The pace of the job was very slow and I would frequently get bored and try to find something to do to fill the time
IT FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 1, 2017
challenging place but was worth it. Mixed with a lot of people from different cultures so it give you the chance to learn a lot. Learnt how to talk to people from different races. Management was great. A Lot of team work on this job. The most enjoyable part of this job is the traveling
Not a place for long time employment
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJuly 25, 2017
Working in the Admissions Office of Century College for nearly a year it has become clear to me that the people working in this college, not just Admissions, are rude and do not know how to work as a team. There will be no help for incoming employees and there will not be proper training sessions given to incoming employees.
Pros
It can be easy work.
Cons
There is no benefit, people will be very rude to you, and you will not get the proper training in order to complete daily tasks.
A lot of learning, but great community
STUDENT SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNJune 18, 2017
The management there is great. You're always learning something new, but they're always there to train and help you. The hardest part of the job is learning something new, but that is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Being able to expand your skills.
Pros
Great management and flexible on schedule