CENTURY COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

Competitive work environment
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Century Communities is a great place to work. It is a sales driven company. We are one of the top 10 builders in the country. We are very competitive in the homebuilding arena.
Terrible Management
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 5, 2018
I worked at this company for a year after being in the industry for over 15 years. I have never experienced such a lack of interest and coldness in all the employees. The employees in the office are not friendly as well as other sales associates.

It's a very political environment, i.e., who management likes, gets all the best properties and make money. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. RUN!
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
Awful Management
Warranty Coordinator - Atlanta Market (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 17, 2018
Stressful, more then a person can do in one day, lots of turnover, training is bad, management is worse, there is nothing enjoyable about the work but the employees I worked with were awesome. All of whom have quit.
Pros
Cons
You are a commodity and can be replaced. And they do.
Horrible office environment, unethical practices by owners
Admin (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2018
Would not wish a job at this company on my worst enemy. I lasted for about 2 months until I was embarrassed to tell anyone I worked for this builder. I know of several other people with the same story. We don't even put it on resumes. They are slow to pay vendors/subs, not because they don't have the money, they are simply greedy and cold-hearted. People in general treated poorly. At least one of the owners is an attorney, which comes in handy for being legally unethical...
Cons
Unethical
Amazing people to work with
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 6, 2018
I worked for Benchmark Communities, prior to Century Merger. The people were awesome to work with. Would still be there if the office did not relocate.
poor leadership unprofessional management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 25, 2018
head of sales is unprofessional; runs the sales department of a national home builder like it is a shady used car lot. Poor management; customer satisfaction is nonexistent at this company. The culture is based on profit and sales numbers, nothing else matters. High turnover and unsatisfied customers are status quo.
Pros
nice architecture
Cons
poor management does not care about the customer, both internal and external
Does not value sales people
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
Overall I would rate Century Communities poorly since they do not value their sales people. Even though the compensation is high, nobody wants to show up to work for a management team that treats their staff very poorly.
Daily Operations
Director of Community Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2018
My days were 24/7 365 days a year. I was always on call. My time in the office began around 0530 and I would leave the office between 7-10pm each day.
Pros
Stayed busy
No Trust, No Respect
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 17, 2018
My direct supervisor was completely out of his depth when it comes to managing professionals. There was no trust and no respect from him to the people on his team. He would not involve his team and would not listen to suggestions or concerns. He was entirely unapproachable about anything and always thought his opinions/ideas were right and the best. I would never go back to work for that individual.
Pros
Fun environment, good benefits and competitive pay
Cons
Incompetent people in upper management; no clear direction
Still finding their way
New Home Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 7, 2018
Several management changes. Not organized. Went through a lot of sales people in and out. Been through 3 division Presidents and 4 sales managers in less than 2 years.
Stressfull
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 27, 2018
Century Communities management did not communicate changes to processes with the people that actually had to make the changes; the best part of the job are the people I worked with and the friendships I made
Huge turn over.
On site Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Short term training, never one on one. Placement is random, and not well thought out. A lot of open ended statements. Change rules as they go along.
If you are put in a good community, you will do well, other wise, you will be working for a repayment of a draw.
They are fun and caring, most of the time.
Pros
Meals at meetings.
Cons
Slow build times.
Run away!
Construction (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2018
Very poor leadership from middle management. You will be micro managed every day. Be prepared to deal with a VP that doesn’t care about doing the right thing and has an ego problem.
Pros
Division President is new and he seems to care.
Ok place
IT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAMarch 27, 2018
The company is great but the work life balance is horrible. Your phone rings nonstop and there's an uneven distribution of work that comes with an unrealistic expectation of getting work done.
Poor management and no job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Austin, TXMarch 4, 2018
A typical day at work would start with a frantic call from your direct supervisor about a task that was delegated from their supervisor with an impossible deadline. There is zero respect for employee's time, work-load nor is there communication from department to department. You will find yourself sitting in meetings that tally up to more than 10 hours a week, leaving you with more work to complete, no direction and a cut-throat atmosphere. Department heads are fired with no explanation, while regional and division heads are overlooked and are never expected to display the same core values that are required of its employees. There is distrust among the divisions because your president worries more about looking good and will toss their employees under a bus before a discussion. You can be told to monitor an objective and when said objective is being taken down the opposite vision of corporate you cannot approach your supervisor because any collaboration is grounds for immediate termination. You constantly have to walk on eggshells and your job is always threatened. Do your homework - this company has more negative reviews from homeowners than any other home builder in the country. They treat their employees as their homeowners; poorly, dishonest and leave you hanging with no opportunity to be set up to succeed. I would stay away from this company - they have poor management all the way up the ladder and do not care about their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Dishonest, no job security, poor management, lack of developement
Disorganized
New Homes Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2018
If you prefer to work in an environment in which there are organized processes and leadership, this may not be for you. This is a high turn over work place as a result.
High turnover in management created unstable environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I don't have anything good to say unfortunately, there was a time when things seemed to be headed in the right direction but not long after, senior management hired a new regional VP who is under-experienced and difficult to work with. In turn more managers were terminated as was I......for no given reason at all. Never written up or counseled, sales were amongst top in the area.....terminated.
Terrible Company
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2017
This company is originally out of Colorado. They purchased an existing home builder in Texas, and had no idea what they were doing. Chose a terrible leader to oversee Texas who chose terrible locations.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Can think of lots
Stressful and Unorganized
Closing & Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Century Communities is a company on the rise. As soon as they figure out how they want to run the company and get rid of their software, it will be a good company.
No work life balance
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2017
They care nothing about their employees. You work 12+ hours a day, and then they expect you to work weekends and holidays, too. If you have a personal life, or family life, you won't while you're working for this company. Management is horrible. Their building practices are horrible. Run far away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, much stress, no work life balance