Play YouTube video button

CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Found 4,148 reviews matching the search See all 4,327 reviews
Sales Focused, highly intense
Sales Director, Enterprise Market (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2018
I keep the team focused on their sales goals and their quota attainment. The company provides all the necessary training and tools to be successful in sales.
Great Management
Critical Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2018
Broadwing was bought by Level3 and I was let go and the rehired. Lasted a year and was let go a second time. All due to re-organizations and internal politics.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Cons
Internal Politics
Working with CenturyLink as a Contractor
Junior Network Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2018
It is a team environment where every person feels as important but independent and collective at the same time in terms of idea sharing. It is great!!
Productive fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 7, 2018
Good Spot to work! I would go back in a second. They give free money if you sign up for health and wellness checks. People are great and I had awesome supervisors.
Pros
Free money for copany events.
Ok
Frontline customer service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2018
Not bad but a job is what it was. I am fprced to do this review to continue. Hate being forced into this stuff on the web. It is a sign of the times for sure
Growing Pains
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  home officeDecember 6, 2018
The organization has recently completed multiple acquisitions. As expected, anytime an acquisition occurs, it is accompanied by uncertainty and some turmoil while trying to consolidate systems/processes.
Productive company
Provisioning Technician NetworkOrderCreationDesign (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 6, 2018
CenturyLink is a quality company that has good health insurance and Paid time off. Employees are treated well, and are encouraged to share their input on how to improve the company.
Pros
Health Insurance and PTO
Cons
Job Advancement opportunities
Back when it was Qwest
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2018
This review isn't up to date.

We previously had a sales quota that was being met. As we achieved those goals the company began raising the quotas to an unattainable level.
Loved working for Centurylink
Lead Talent Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2018
It was a terrific place to work. The right people are hired and promoted into management positions. The people are friendly and open to new points of view.
Life at Centurylink
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2018
Fast paced micro managed, supervisors breathing down your neck. Have to stay in your chair and take calls. Not able to get up and move around freely.
productive work environment
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at CenturyLink with all of my co-workers and my immediate manger is very helpful and supportive. I would appreciate if I would have more opportunity to be trained in another job field.
Pros
supportive and fun working environment
Cons
lack of job security
A Day at CenturyLink
Inbound Sales & Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
I come in at 10:30am which you have to be ready to take your first call at 10:35am. You are on the phone answering each call until your first 15 minute break. then about 3 hours you have a 30 minute lunch and your last 15 minutes about 1 hour and a half before 7pm. Sometimes the marketing department will have blitz, power hour, or contest to win lunch, gift cards, uploads, or CenturyLink gear. You have to be mentally prepared and on your A game as I work in the sales and care inbound call center. You answer 28-40 calls a day and have to transition to a sale. It can be mentally draining and the hours as I'm a mom and student so I'm strained with time. The hours are not really flexible for students or parents. You are on a point system when you miss work but they do have "flex" time. Yo will work a few hours before or after your shift and can have a day off within the week. You cannot miss Mondays as it is double point day. Major holidays you have off and within the day the company has little surveys or quizzes which you get food.
fun place to work
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 5, 2018
This was a tough and fun place to work. Meeting sales goals and aiming high is what I thrive in. Fun atmosphere and a very competitive work environment.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 5, 2018
My position allows me to have my hands in a lot of different things at one time. This allows me to get exposure to areas of the business I may not otherwise be exposed to.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Communication
Advance from with in is policy
Trainer / Technical Writer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 5, 2018
Able to advance from collector and technical writer to team management and then trainer manager over 3 training teams.

Advancement is quick if you are doing your job and willing to help others. Management acknowledges your team spirit and your ability to work over time if required.
Pros
advancement
Cons
merger
Drama and constant fear of termination
Care Representative (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 5, 2018
A typical day at CenturyLink started with dead-eyed "good morning" and a high chance of two people arguing over something that happened the night before outside of work. There was more drama there than I experienced in high school.. The company is constantly firing people due to their performance or the company can't afford that position anymore, anyone could go at anytime.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
the rest of the job.
Since merger company is lost
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MODecember 5, 2018
Before merger things were ok, now layoffs, managers that could care less, no help within teams and system issues. No proper training and most sales reps are clueless
We just shuffled people around
Tech Support and Sales (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 4, 2018
Time after time I would get a customer on the line I COULD NOT HELP due to departmentalization and just plain bad customer service.

Great pay and a good job if you don't care about how you treat your customers and your OK with overcharging people
Pros
Money
Cons
peace of mind
Flexible Work Schedule
Sr. Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 4, 2018
CTL is a great place to work at, depends what department you are in.

Management could be better, lots of office politics, and reorgs are done, people moving around without a heads up. You are pretty much told what to do and have no say so. Management say open door policy. Sure is open door policy, but doesn’t necessarily mean they will take what you have to say into consideration. Management have no back bone as well, can’t make decisions and always need to go to higher ups for certain things that can be easily solved.

Buy your own office supplies because everything will be questioned if you submit an order or go scout around at emptied cubicles! 😡
Pros
Gym on site, flexible hours, able to work remote
Productive and Great Money
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
I talk to people that call in angry whether its about there bill or cause the price went up or sometimes just have had a bad experience with the company. I than proceed to apologies and base on there account I would simply explain why there bill went up and use my active listening to see what kind of bundle deal i can put them in. That way it adds more value to there services while lowering the bill so they are more than likely to stay with the company.
Pros
finding a soluion and fixing the problem. making customers happy
Cons
dealing with getting yelled and cursed out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.1K

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss