Play YouTube video button

CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,811 reviews matching the search See all 2,935 reviews
Horrible
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 13, 2018
The benefits and pay are great- the stress, pressure, and management team are horrible. It is a high pressure, very stressful place to work. There are unrealistic sales goals and a lot of pressure from management. The company really struggles with ethics- and that reflects in the service you provide people. The benefits are phenomenal however.
Benefits
Cons
Sales goals, poor management
Good Company
IT Operations Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCAugust 13, 2018
Good Company to work. Offers a good work environment and opportunity. Management has a good focus and direction. Provides a strong work culture and has strong values.
Fun. With lots of fun customer to talk to.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 13, 2018
Century Link is a good company to work for. I feel I need a change to see the outside world. The company does take care of their employees. The management team is great to work with.
Cut throat
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CoAugust 13, 2018
Sink or swim environment, training isn't very planned out. Temp employees do all the training, employees walk around on egg shells with fear of loosing their job.
Good place to start
Professional Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 12, 2018
It can be a decent place to start a career in networking but due to the lack of raises and poor health insurance, it is best looked at as a temporary job until one gets more experience.
Positive work environment
Suite Runner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2018
This job is very fast paced. We have to deliver a lot of food to a lot of suites. When the gates are open and all the fans are trying to get to their seats, it’s extremely crowded and busiest during game hours
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 10, 2018
Always something new to do and plenty to do, fast paced work but it is never boring. With the different events going on all the time, the work always has a new twist on it so it is usually never the same.
Tough Merger
Senior IT Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 10, 2018
As a former employee of CenturyLink, I would say the typical day involves many meetings to discuss integration with Level3 products, systems and processes. The culture is one of acquisition, and the company is struggling to merge Level3 with the CenturyLink CLEC side of the business, while the ILEC side remains basically static.
Pros
People, onsite gym
Cons
Cuts in personnel, benefits
Not a good comppany overall
Security Operations / Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 10, 2018
I would not recommend CenturyLink to anyone.

I can say a lot about my experience with CenturyLink but I'd rather no to get into the details as it would do no one good.
Pros
Cons
Management, Company culture
CenturyLink and he Merger of Level 3
Sr. Inside Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2018
I loved my position and role at CenturyLink however with that acquisition of Level 3 the company direction seemed to not be efficient and the roles were undefined. Process implementation was nearly impossible and the company showed very little organization. the compensation plan took nearly 6 months to be finalized and the entire sales floor was unsure of how they were getting paid for the first half of the year, not to mention that the compensation plan was nearly impossible to understand or follow.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Very stressful job
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2018
The days are stressful and long. Also, you are always on-call after hours 24 X 7 X 365 unless you take time off on PTO. It requires to maintain site locally and in 6 other states.
Pros
Cna work remote
Cons
On call after hours 24 X 7 X 365 unless on PTO.
I would never recommend CenturyLink
Inside Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2018
You will be micromanaged and belittled with zero upward mobility in sight. The most de-motivating environment to work in & you will never be payed adequately.
Pros
Realistic sales quota, departmental activities, volunteer work is encouraged, benefits
Cons
Accrued PTO, Micromanagement from all levels of management, monitored breaks, telemarketing, additional prospecting outside of a large base of accounts
Old school, non-progressive company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
Backward thinking culture without accountability top-down to do the right thing. PTO shifted to FTO without PTO benefit payout. Stock options taken away without pay raises or additional benefits of other kinds too
No comment
Supervisor Region Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2018
No Comment I refuse to talk about the company publically, even with anonymity. I believe that it can be taken both positively and negatively and don't wish to have that displayed in a forum related to job searching. Everyone has their own opinion and I don't believe in influencing others in that way.
Losing the competition battle. Company has changed in many ways .
Customer service Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 7, 2018
This was once a really good company to work for, when we were Sprint and Embarq. It has changed for the worse since becoming CenturyLink. I enjoyed my job and the people. In the last few years, bad & inconsistent management decisions and failing to compete has made this position less desirable. This position does not seem to have a bright future. Many co-workers have opted for early retirement packages and have not been replaced. Forced overtime and added pressure has been placed on those remaining. There are not enough tech notions to service our customers effectively. A new dispatch system has made matters worse and technicians less productive creating a bad work environment and morale issues.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits. I enjoy what I do, without all the distractions and obstructions.
Cons
New dispatch system. Mandatory overtime, inconsistencies my Management.
Not much opportunity for advancement.
Order specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, INAugust 7, 2018
Overall this is a good company to work for, however when jobs are outsourced to other companies overseas, there are no other options in which to utilize your skill sets.
Lack of repair equipment and parts. Asset shortages requring 150 mile road trips to obtain spares.
Central Office Technician (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 6, 2018
Local managers have their hands tied. Upper level managers are in it for the money, not the customers. Technician concerns fall on deaf ears in lieu of stock holder and management bonus profits.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No one above local manager level cares.
Very slow environment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2018
Everybody there likes to complain about everything and not do anything about it. Nobody is ambitious, and there is no room for quick growth. Management doesn’t take the time to show you how to do things if you don’t know, they just do it for you or tell you to figure it out. Training is excruciating, because you aren’t allowed to learn faster than everyone else.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, late mornings
Cons
Lots of cons
CenturyLink experience
Lead Process Analyst IT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2018
My career at CenturyLink was very good in my opinion. I had the flexibility to interact with everybody, regardless of their position and suggest innovative new ways to do business. I enjoyed the ability to make decisions about my job and interacting with all levels of people within the company.
Pros
Great working environment, freedom to succeed, good work life balance.
Cons
Acquisitions, consolidations and reductions.
Overworked
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 3, 2018
Benefits were fantastic, pay rate was very good (union), but management would work you on overtime with no hesitation, regardless of seniority or position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss