CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Cool Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 16, 2018
Work environment is ok, cubicle/pod life to the max. There are days that calls are never ending and then days were it is kind of relaxed and low-key. Managers or Supervisors are awesome to work with, always available for feedback or talks if you have concerns or questions.
Pros
Benefits, Supervisors
Cons
pod life, fixed rotating schedules
company out look
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 16, 2018
The company is gear more towards rewarding their investor instead of there customers and their technician. Management are constantly putting out changes which seem to constantly increase work load on the technician.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
employees not well inform
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Outbound Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2018
Sales driven team with high level of energy and competitive nature. Flexible work shifts,insurance benefits with 401 K options. Great Place to work long term.
Pros
Contest
Cons
traffic
Collaborative enviroment
West Region Planner, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 15, 2018
people were always willing to help eachother, challenging job, got to work on multiple platforms. i was a contractor and was hoping to become an employee.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
CenturyLink prefers to extend contracts rather than bring you on full time.
Great
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 15, 2018
Great place to work. I have worked there twice as employee and once as contractor. Other than regular layoffs they are great. Very supportive of employees.
Opportunity comes with great Challenges
Training and Development; Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
Typical for telecommunications, CenturyLink underwent many MANY acquisitions and mergers during my time since 2011. Naturally, difficulty to become one company with systems, products, mindset. This is the most complicated component of CenturyLink. Makes it difficult to do your job with many hoops to jump through.

That being said, the compensation is good. Albeit confusing if you are in a sales role but can pay well once you understand the comp structure.

There is misconception on who CenturyLink is as a brand. Many associate with home services which is a piece but the competitive solutions are in the business markets. Keep this in mind if you intend to seek out a role at CenturyLink. As with many companies, you will need to drive the value and history. Which are each excellent.

I experienced flexibility and opportunity for growth. Many ongoing projects to dip into and expand expertise. Bc of all the moving parts involved in every sale, and no two sales are alike, utilizing engineers and SME is key.
Fast paced environment
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2018
Stressful and in desperate need of more employees but won’t provide funds where needed. Current shifts are changing constantly and making life difficult for its employees
work
Customer Service on phones (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
the only thing i'd change is when u bring documents and call for a late absence they would not mark as unexcused. other than that i loved working there
Review
Engineer - Voice Deployment (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed working a Centurylink which was formerly Level3. I worked from home so it allowed me a lot of availability. I would recommend working at Centurylink.
Ineffective Leadership
Business (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2018
CenturyLink appears to be in a constant state of flux. Growth has been through acquisition of numerous companies. It is a global business that operates like a local RBOC. Leadership has been stagnant and requires change
Cons

Want to know more about CenturyLink?

Ask a question
Great Company!
Construction Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  IdahoApril 11, 2018
The upper management is the best I have ever worked with. They do the best they can to stay competitive with their medical, dental and vision benefits. I feel like I can be real with my peers and upper management. I expect if I have a problem they will be willing and able to sanity check my proposed fix.
Pros
They care!
Cons
Could be more competitive with pay
Horrible place to work
Central Office Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 11, 2018
CenturyLink is the worst place I have ever worked
The equipment is old and there is no training, the cable plant is 1960's cable that is unmaintained and no one knows how to repair. Management there has no background in the industry and they are just plain unknowledgeable. The pay is well below the tier 1 Telecom providers and the health benefits are expensive and are the lowest tier coverage plan available. The work life balance is horrible. The old equipment and bad cable is always breaking so you have to work long hours and you are on call and the phone never stops ringing all night. You are forced to work unsafe there. The dispatch and Noc has been sent to the Philippines and those people have no clue and you can't understand them either. When I started there the CEO was under investigation for insider trading and it was sweep under the table. I would stay away from this place. The jobs are union jobs but the unons are small and weak and have given away all the perks of being a union.
Pros
You can make alot of money because something is always broken
Cons
Poor management, bad benefits, no training, old equipment
its ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 11, 2018
The job is ok. Its definitely not for everyone. its a great way to make money. In order to work here, you must be a peoples person and able to transition calls into sales calls.
Stressful and different priorities based on physical location
Operations Tech 3/Data Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 10, 2018
I really enjoy the work, but the micromanagent and pay isnt worth it. Special projects leads to alot of learning, but no rewards or recognition even when out of your skillset.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement
His stress environment
Construction Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 10, 2018
CTL moto is "do more with less for less". Stress of too much work and pressure to keep it caught up. Not fun place to work. Continuing down sizing while not refilling vacated positions. No change in the work load, but fewer people to keep the work done.
Benefits
Cons
CTL moto is "do more with less for less". All about the dollar
working out in the elements
DSL Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2018
Good benefits but management was hard to work with and working outside on the coldest days was not fun. Management pushed very hard and always threatened to fire us for over 10years.
benefits
Cons
management looked for any reason to fire you
Great management
Lead IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2018
Company has no clear direction. A lot of uncertainty after the Level 3 merger.
Management, however, is great. All the way up to our VP I have absolutely no complaints.
Pros
unlimited time off, paid paternity leave
Cons
clc
extremely productive and fun place to work learning something new every day
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MN 55303April 9, 2018
learning something new every day!!! Very exciting, Challenging, Everyone was always willing to help with any problem you ran into. Extremely fast paced work environment. Engineering everything from buried to aerial environment. Copper cables to fiber optic.
Pros
Very challenging
Cons
2.5 hour drive to work
Always In Flux
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2018
The ground is shifting under your feet as the company struggles to adapt to a very competitive environment. Frequent M&A and outsourcing activity. Some great people to work with.
Pros
Technologies
Cons
Uncertainty
Great work environment
SERVICE DELIVERY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 9, 2018
Loved my co-workers and colleagues. Fast pace and exciting work. Daily job had enough work to keep me busy and on top of my skills. My supervisor was fantastic and I will miss all of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.4Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.