Cenveo Employee Reviews

Productive when we have work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 5, 2019
The printing industry is changing and they don't seem to be changing with it. Overall management is decent. But corporate doesn't provide them with money to maintain equipment
Pros
Good management
Cons
Lack of work
Quantity over quality despite what management says
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 2, 2019
I was a printing press operator at the Jefferson City plant. The work day varied from 8-12 hours with very little advance notice from the supervisors. Most of the time they would wait by the time clock at end of shift and send you back to work for 3 of 4 more hours. Worked 6 days a week for over a year, no family time and if you wanted a day off you were given a disciplinary point. The machines are very old and break down constantly, any interruption of production means you work until your quota was met. The printed labels looked awful due to the decrepit machinery but production had to go out. Most of the work coming out of that plant looked like cow fertilizer and management was fine with that....as long as you made your numbers. The pay is good but the conditions are awful, no A/C, filthy bathroom, tobacco spit and spit cups left all over the plant. Work there if you don't have or don't want a life.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many to list.
Not so good warehouse building needs updating in some areas
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2019
The typical work day for the job consists of review trucks getting the load weight, unloading the freight that is coming in. Also moving the freight that is going out.
They dont care about their workers
Quality Control Inspector/ machine operator (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 20, 2019
Staff just gossip and sabotage each other, pay adjusters 3.00 dollars less than contract. Racist, have adjustors running 2 machines at once. Union is awful people get written up when they shouldn't. Dont give raises even though their contract says when to get raises. The shop and machine rarely get cleaned. Its all about production
Cons
Low pay. Rude management, short breaks, dirty shop
Terrible
Maintenance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  DallasApril 14, 2019
Terrible place to work treat their employees very badly, worst managers I've seen in the envelope business in 30 plus years, would not recommend this place to anyone
Good company.
Flexographic Printing Press Operator/Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2019
It was a decent company to work for. The machines were in poor maintenance. Made working with them impossible at times. Only pros were the pay and benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Management.
Fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAApril 1, 2019
Being a machine operator is a very fast paced job. I was required to make sure that the envelopes were correct with no mistakes. Job safety is the main focus of an operator.
Poor management and culture
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2019
Only stayed because of the job market being so bad. Management didn't care about the employees - my new manager had no experience being a manager but they only wanted a warm body anyway, not someone who knew what they were doing or how to actually treat people.
Pros
Few - was close to home.
Cons
Management, few raises or bonuses
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOMarch 9, 2019
NO raises. DEAD end job. They don’t match 401K. NO bonuses. Heath insurance is terrible. NO work/life balance. NO appreciation. NOT thankful for their employees.
Pros
Cons
Dead end job No raises
Managers are incompetent
First Pressman (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MO 63025March 6, 2019
Managers have little knowledge of how to treat employees and even less knowledge of what it takes to run their departments. Company politics prevents issues from being addressed and corrected at the root cause. You either work 12 hour days 7 days a week, or barely work at all, even as little as 1 or 2 days a week for weeks at a time. They do not properly fix equipment,, constantly trying to get by with antiquated machines that are run down and never repaired properly due to lack of money. Cenveo just got out of bankruptcy and will soon find itself insolvent. If you want to be unappreciated and micro managed by a supervisor who has no idea what your job entails, let alone what he is supposed to do, this is the job for you. If you want to work for a company that will be out of business soon. This is the place. Managers give credit to those who suck up to them, rather than to those who do their jobs. Worst career choice I have ever made. My co-workers were the absolute best part of the job.
Pros
A paycheck sometimes
Cons
Everything else
ask me
operator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 23, 2019
It was a good place to work when i was n the area when i needed work. i would go back if i was back there. i liked the fast pace work cause i like to move
No support from departments supporting you.
Production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2019
No continuous improvement or root cause analysis. Management doesn't support you when you report issues in production area. Production department is held accountable for everything and other departments are not held accountable.
Effective, enjoyable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAFebruary 11, 2019
My day at work (packaging envelopes) includes being concise, time managing, stood in front of a machine during work. I had to work at a fast pace making sure the product was packaged right. I learned to keep up with the pace of the products that needed packaged and shipped out. As a packager, I had to package good quality of the product. Making sure there wasn’t any damages to the product and made sure they were moved to be able to be shipped out. I learned to be focused. Had to be familiar with your product and machinery. Ensure compliance. Workplace is a factory setting. It’s loud during packing. Productive atmosphere, commitment to excellence, Communication. What I enjoyed most about my job is it is a fast pace environment, and you get a workout.
Pros
Fast Pace, Grewt exercise, Benefits
Cons
The breaks were short, the air conditioning (heat)
Work place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJanuary 27, 2019
Typical work like fast paced work while monotonous and tedious, safety oriented and driven with opportunities to bid to a new position(s). Cleanliness and order is a must!
Poor management
IT Field Support Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2019
I work with cut throat management (Plant Manage) that liked to create drama and divison amonst employee.
IT Managemnet and Production management did not believe in upgrading out of date equipment.
horrible - avoid
Controller (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 3, 2019
the culture here is totally good ole boy network and if you arent part of that or are a woman forget it. This is an awful place to get stuck at least from the level I was on
Pros
Cons
horrible hours, horrible benefits, horrible management
Die Cutter,Gluer,Folder,Window Machine,Cutter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2018
I worked for this company almost 20 years. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the employees I encountered on a daily basis and they became family. This is where I learned to operate over 10 pieces of equipment and obtain the expertise and knowledge I have in this industry.
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CADecember 3, 2018
Working with my Co-workers and Staff. In charge of Shipping and Receiving , over seeing warehouse loading and unloading Trailers, checking incoming Materials, taking inventory counts and uploading to
Company website.
Productive place to work
Packer and Picker (Former Employee) –  Hurlock, MDNovember 21, 2018
Cenveo is a great place to work. No hard labor. Great team building. Although hours aren't guaranteed, you get your 40 hours at least with offered overtime.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
No set hours
Working was ok at Cenveo, better opportunity came up in Ohio
Plant Manager - 2nd Shift (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2018
I liked my time at cenveo, really wanted to be back in Ohio, Better opportunity came up in Ohio. Employees were a pleasure ti work with. Equipment was kept up.
Pros
Good clean safe work environment.