Cenveo Employee Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

Colorhouse was a great company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2018
Very supportive to sales people. Did lots of training. Cogenial atmosphere in fast paced, stressful industry. Survived lots of industry change by embracing the changes.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2017
Good Management, great coworkers. Daily workload high as constant work reductions take place. Hardest part of job was balancing daily and long term objectives
Good people, substandard management
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 14, 2017
I would clock in a few minutes early, login to the computer and start receiving product into the warehouse using SAP. I would also perform other tasks including driving a company vehicle and box truck to deliver and pick up primarily mail and package shipments for our customers. I liked the job not the benefits. The company put a freeze on any raises or additional compensation.
Pros
Good employees below management level.
Cons
No raises and poor benefits.
can be a really great place to work but understand the benefits packages. Production and Sales may offer different cultures and employee engagement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2017
Some really great people to work with and some good opportunities to learn.
Higher leadership has at times seemed disconnected to production realities.
In Transition
Vice President Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2017
Cenveo is a company in transition from growing by acquisition to organic growth. This is creating some stresses as the business model changes. Management is engaged heavily to reorient the business.
left in company vehicle to ameriprise downtown
Runner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 23, 2016
loved this job met so many cool people it was a sad day when i got laid off. If they needed me again i would work for them in a heart beat
Pros
ate lunch downtown in the skyway
Cons
sometimes had to carry large and heavy documents in the snow
College job -
Account Manager / Client Accounts (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2016
This was my job during college and it was a great place to make some money, work with friends and have some style put into your young life!
Experienced both a privately held company and a publicly held company during my tenure there.
Estimator and Production Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2015
The goal to provide the very best in prepress and pre media services was the foundation of this business started by two brothers in the early 1970's. It was a distinct pleasure to be able to contribute to the success of this business and its many quality minded clients. Services were continually improving and being updated as technology improvements were secured and implemented, and further demanded. Being nimble and continually learning were important characteristics of each staff member as they set a high standard of quality through diligent effort and teamwork.
Cenveo, a good employer and good place to work.
Truck Driver and Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2015
Over all Cenveo was great place to work indeed..
Advancement was limited since I was at the top of my field for this company, however the Job Security was the best. Vacation time exceeded expectations.. Medical and Dental
benefits seemed expensive with seemingly high co-payments
with limited paid for converge. Management was friendly and always helpful with questions.
Co-workers for the most part were good, but some seemed at times
to be intentionally difficult and mean, unwilling to get along with.
That was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part
of Cenveo was being trusted and having the independence to do the job in the order and the way I choose to.
Machine Operator
Mail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2015
Labeling, Inkjet and inserting equipment operator. Mail sorting, traying and
tagging. Extensive knowledge of postal regulations.
Overall, this comapny, IN MINNEAPOLIS, might have survived.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2015
Typical work day would entail making sure all 100+ invoices per day were entered to the system so Corporate AP could process payments off the data in accordance to their terms policy. I learned much more about the relationships between sales and use tax while working in the print industry. Management at the plant level was wondrous, and have added quite a few to my network. Management of cash flow at the Corporate level left much to me to desire, and yet I still attempted to entertain the idea that some "management companies" that initiate hostile takeovers might amount to benefits to the company they take over. NEVER again. Though the hardest part of my job was vendor reconciliation in the wake of Cenveo's cash flow discrepancies, I feel I have acquired quite a folio of experience I could call upon should the need arise while serving others. My most enjoyable part of this job? ... all aforementioned experience made me feel part of the team.
Pros
Commaraderie between employees & management at the plant level.
Cons
Didn't agree with CEO's philosophy, No real support from Corporate level AP.
This is no place for people with printing knowledge or expertise. This is a factory of cronyism and blind ignorance,
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Never have I seen a place where ignorance and arrogance is rewarded like Cenveo. They fear anyone with real printing knowledge and certainly shun anyone with production knowledge. You are only a machine to be worn out and used up.
Not postive but not that negative either
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Many people have many negative things to say, but you will also find negative things about any employer out there. This place could've been better if ran better from above.All decisions come from corporate, and it often seems that corporate is far more interested in paying themselves and their stock holders, rather than making sound decisions for all.

Communication is always lacking, and when there is actual communication, it's the complete opposite of what was passed down previously. Up until recently this was the norm. Now communication happens more often and is more direct and honest.

Management changes, and there are people brought in by corporate that have no experience in the fields that they were hired for. Some feel that management doesn't care about the employees, and many feel that corporate cares even less.

Training was always lacking and never made available for any program and ERP used. For a large corporate printer, you would think that they would like to educate their employees in the printing process instead of just dropping the employees into the pool of sharks and letting them fend for themselves. Many call this the Cenveo Way. Most employees have worked their way around this by creating how to charts, or have made themselves available even after their departure from the company.

No raises or other type of compensation for some people for over 8 years, and many who have been salaried and are non-management have had to take pay cuts to keep their jobs.

This particular location has many wonderful and talented good people, but corporate has made
  more... many poor decisions and now the plant is closing, forcing many people out. This location was producing profit, and was told that the location would not be closed. Obviously that's no longer true.

Poor decision making with no compensation had led to many employees leaving the company with none being replaced. The general attitude sometimes feel like one of apathy rather than enjoyment and pride.

If the correct direction would've been taken, many things would be different, and many people would still be employeed today. The employees were willing to do many things to keep us moving forward and ahead.
Pros
good talent and hard working people
Cons
no raises in years, location is closing, poor management with no communication
Many work processes
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Many meetings, training learning sessions, webex conferencing. Too much work not enough time in the day to finish. The hardest part is not being able to get as far as planned; due to unexpected inquires. Most enjoyable are the people there; considered as a second family.
Pros
Grandfathered benefits
Cons
Health Insurance
Cenveo is subpar
Igen Operator (Former Employee) –  minneapolisNovember 13, 2013
The stock price is in single digits.
Very little management is left. They manage by committee.
No new customers!
Pros
if they like you it can be a pleasant experience.
Cons
If they don't like you it can be an unpleasant experience with bullying.
They know printing
Data Entry - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2013
The business was going through transition while I was there, so it's probably changed a lot since then.
Great People
Order Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2013
Cenveo is a great place to work if you like working with great professional people. It is not a great place to work if you are looking to advance within the company or hoping to achieve a great deal of success. People there have not received a single raise in six years, and while the company seems to be investing a lot of resources in bringing the business into the 21st century, they seem to ignore their employees, and thus create a less than enjoyable work experience. A lot of people who have been there years are starting to leave (the great exodus) and I can't help but wonder if because of this, the business itself is going to falter.
A lean, yet rather inexperienced staff might help save a few dollars, but will do very little for your reputation in a field that is already becoming increasingly hostile and competitive.

Perhaps this company is best viewed in the present as a stepping stone, a place to achieve a lot of experience with very little compensation to encourage long-term growth.
Pros
good people, great product.
Cons
low pay, no room for advancement, lackluster management with focus on shareholders and not employees.
Fast paste work environment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 29, 2012
Organized and set up work areas for Inserters, Inkjets, and Tabbing workstations utilizing lean manufacturing techniques. This has resulted in overall output efficiencies. The department has continuously added work and I strive to make it as efficient as possible.
Mentor and training of fellow co-workers on Inkjet systems, Tabbers and Inserters. I work closely with co-workers with tips and tricks on efficient and accurate machine operation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
we only have 2 10 minute bearks and a 20 paid lunch break for an 8 to 12 hour days!
Very fasted pasted environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaOctober 29, 2012
I worked there for over 2 years and when I first started I worked in a department called Home Office for Amerise. After about three months being there my manger at the time moved me over to the Starwood hotel side, where they needed help, and the Home office was going to be getting hit with layoffs and my manager didn't want to see me be the one to get laid off. So I was in Starwood deparment for the remainder of my time there at Cenveo. I also helped out in other area's wearing many different hats in many different area's in our department.When I was laid off in April of 2009 it was my supevisor choice to write me a letter of recommendation witch included that I was one of the employee's who processed alot of over then other co-workers thats been there for 7-10 years, I averaged 70-100 inbound calls per day and 50 outbound calls and over 100 via emails on a daily basis.
Pros
had a cafeteria...
Cons
n/a