Cenveo Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Nice people to work for
Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2017
Throughout the years I have never had anything bad or negative to say they help you if they can on any issue. Safe place to work happy to be on a great team
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Not a lot of raises
Horrible workplace culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2017
Human resources and management do no operate with a what is best for the business in the future model. There is an oppressive me-first culture there that breaks down the few employees that take pride in there work and drives them out. They hire subpar junior level employees that will not even perform the vary job they were hired to do. There is no training program it is more of a sink or swim model.
The employees are good to work with. Upper management very unprofessional
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I worked with Cenveo from may 2012 to august 2016. Move up very fast. Top producer on the inserts and stitchers. Was told to write a letter why I should be the lead for inserts when there was no one better for the position. I could keep all machines running and my own. Didn't get the position. My pay stubs show to different amounts for some time so I started to question over and over. Human resources sent my manager to tell me if I keep and sling she would just take the higher pay away which was already done so seeing my next check. I was getting paid more for running my machine and less when I was working somewhere else. They made me pay the money back. I was told I was going to get my pay back or a raise for 2 years. Never did. It made me feel awful. THAT Why I'm Not there. I was the best at my positions and deserved the pay.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, advancement opportunities
Cons
unprofessional
Productive, Fast paced
Inserter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2016
Assist in assembly line operations
Reduce workload of fellow employees through connectivity activities

It was a very easy fast paced job I would usually be standing for 10 hours a day there was never any off days we just got called in
Most horrible place to work
Family member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2016
This company cares absolutely NOTHING for its employees and their families. Long hours every single day. They do not believe in work life balance at all. Work shifts are 12 hrs rotating from days to nights working every day! They don't want you to have any days off! If you work in the press room, you don't even get a lunch. If you want to eat you have to eat while you work (for 12 hours)! Beware because management and owners do not believe you need more than 1-2 weeks of vacation. And get this, vacation time encompasses sick days AND vacation. Is this a slave mentality company or what? No wonder they're bankruptcy material. These people running the company have no idea of how to really run a company. There's no business innovation, marketing concepts.....no business sense or ethic whatsoever! So, if you're thinking about working for this company.....DON'T! It would be the biggest mistake of your life. I suggest working for a company that really gives **** about their employees and knows that if your employees are somewhat happy, the company will succeed. But, hey maybe that's it.....the owners don't want it to succeed!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Bad management, no lunch break in the press room, don't care about employees, no work-life balance at all
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2015
My typical day was to arrive at 8 and leave at 4:30. I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with, I learned a lot while I was employed at CENVEO.
Productive work force
Inserter Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2014
It can be stressful when the machine your working on requires alot of trouble shooting. With each day you might have a new temp working on the machine with you, which means you have to train someone new each week. They have just cut back our 12 hour shift to 8 an hour shift which is a major blessing. The only draw back with that is we now only get a 20 minute lunch.
Fair
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Richmond VAJune 20, 2014
It is a fair working environment. I need some change for myself. I need a new working environment that have more room for advancement.
fun job really if you like to do long hours
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  richmond vaNovember 13, 2013
if your into the whole warehouse producion stuff like me its cool
Pros
good hours
Knowledgeable great opprtunity
Bindery Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 8, 2012
Cenveo Is A Great Establish I Enjoy Working There Along With Other Employers, However I Never Saw Myself At A Factory Job For A Great Amount Of Time.
Pros
learned a lot of new things that im sure will come in handy
Cons
one break 12 hours no time off