CEP America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My position was budgetary.
On Site Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was able to learn of the medical environment and it's diverse client population. I created and implemented a patient experience questionnaire for the emergency department, which later was electronically formatted.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
position ended due to budgetary reasons
Great experience, flexible hours and friendly providers BUT POOR pay
Medical Scribe, Scribe Trainer (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 2, 2018
Worked as a medical scribe for CEP for five years. The position is good for those who want to gain experience in the medical field for medical school, PA school or any other graduate health care professional school. However, the company does not pay their scribes well. Which is frustrating given scribes do ALOT. The doctors love us and once they learn how to fully use us they complain when they do not have a scribe lol. For this reason, I feel CEP should pay their scribes more. We are a huge assess to the team. $10/ hour is ridiculous given how much this company is worth. Overall, I enjoyed the providers and staff at both ER sites I worked at!
Pros
Great experience, flexible hours, myriade of opportunities to learn and friendly providers
Cons
Poor pay
ER SCRIBE (LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Working in the ER is fast paced but its a great opportunity if you want a future in the medical field. Working in the ER is a great way to get exposed to different diagnosis and adapting to working with various providers.
Work in an Emergency Department
Lead Scribe Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 22, 2018
A unique opportunity for anyone interested in medicine. Work hand in hand with physicians and nursing staff. Watch staff practice medicine in a fast paced team work oriented environment.
Amazing Company
Emergency Scribe. Lead Scribe (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Working at CEP America was such a memorable experience. My manager was excellent to work with. She was a great leader, communicator, and supporter which allowed us the opportunity to grow. The team that I worked with was also outstanding individuals who were very supportive of each other and understood what my work was about. I would definitely return to this company once I have completed my graduate degree.
Pros
Very fair and supportive of employees
Great experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 12, 2018
This job allowed for great experience and an extremely steep learning curve. The workplace culture was good, it allowed for medical scribes to build good connections with providers.
Great company to work for.
On-Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 27, 2017
It's a great company to work for, especially if you like to work independently.

There is lots of room for advancement in this company if you're the competitive type.
Pros
You get to work alone a lot. The PTO is generous.
Cons
You don't get time and a half for working holidays. Way too many meetings
Excellent group
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 30, 2017
CEP is an excellent group to work with. The c company provides fantastic benefits along with multiple bonuses. Awesome retirement plans. Would recommend this group to any provider.
Fun place with friendly staff despite the fast paced environment
Scribe-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 31, 2017
I really enjoy working for CEP and the people I work alongside. I love how there is never a dull moment in the ER and the physicians are always willing to help educate as long as one is willing to learn. I have been there for almost 3 years and have earned raises yearly which is nice, however, I just wish there were at least medical benefits if not dental or vision. Aside from this, CEP is a wonderful place to work, grow, and learn, not to mention, it is a huge advantage on your resume if you are considering a medical degree/career.
Pros
20 minute paid lunch, yearly raises, great work environment, some benefits, and learning a great deal in the medical field via real life experience
Cons
No medical, dental, or vision benefits, limited interaction with patients and procedures
excellent experience for a pre-med
ED Scribe (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 22, 2017
The chance for me to work as a ED scribe through CEP America at Belleville Memorial Hospital was a life changing experience as a pre-med. For me, the experiences that I gained during my two years as a ED scribe were sufficient for me to realize that I want to be a physician. Additionally, these experiences have been a continuous way to drive me towards becoming a physician although the path is long and difficult.
Pros
great experience working in a clinical setting
Cons
hours are difficult to manage as a pre-med student
Great company!
Lead Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Excellent communication which is fast and productive. I love to be updated about CEP community! Excellent company to work for overall.
Great company to work for
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 3, 2017
It is a great opportunity to gain experience for the medical field. Learned the roles and responsibilities of doctors and PAs in the emergency department.
Amazing
Palomar Health ER- Onsite Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 8, 2017
My experience here has been amazing, Everyone has a sense of team. I enjoy everyone I work with and they are all so supportive. I have experienced first hand the importance of policy and procedure. There is no difficulties with my current position. I enjoy the team environment I work in.
Pros
Supportive, all team players
Cons
Not enough of a challenge
Fast paced, fun environment
Emergency Physician Scribe (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 15, 2016
Although it is the emergency department, it is enjoyable! I have learned so much valuable information, both related to medicine and life. Working with different physicians can be challenging at first, but once you have everyone's preferences down, it is easier. The physicians, nurses, and PAs have all made this experience enjoyable. Now that I've made it into the emergency department, I don't want to leave!
good place to work
Emergency Room Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAMay 25, 2016
good place to work. good benefits. 12 hour shifts. room for advancement. teamwork driven. many sites throughout california
Great experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 26, 2016
This place will help you understand the dynamics of what it's like to work in the emergency department. We should be getting paid more for our work.
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 18, 2016
This company is massive and its growing. Great management and very progressive company.

Also, very professional environment
Employees are under-educated and management is a joke
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 28, 2015
I was with this clinic for almost 2 years and most of my co-workers seemed to have slept through their classes. The staff was more concerned about hanging out and making friends then their jobs. Most of the staff made fun of and would be rude to other staff not in their "clique". The office manager was barely 30 and had no experience as an office manager prior to this clinic. It showed, she had favorites and was severely unprofessional at most times. The pay was a joke and the clinic was doing so poorly that some days an employee would be sent home due to low patient volume and we were not given our raises last year because they could not afford the $0.30 raise per employee. The best part of my job was the providers. The doctors and PAs were intelligent, cared about their patients and appreciated the staff.
Pros
The providers, great patients, drug rep lunches
Cons
Staff, management, low pay
Productive work experience
Xray Technician/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 6, 2015
Productive work environment, adaptive to the change in medical care.
Personal growth is some what limited by the number of available opportunities.
Patient care is superb. Staff is caring and well educated.
Educational atmosphere
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 12, 2015
There is no typical day in the emergency room. I learned in depth medical terminology, time management, and creating electronic medical records. I have seen how a physician functions with heavy patient volume. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of EKG, Lab results, and x-ray images for the physician. The most enjoyable part is when we are able to make a patient feel better.
Pros
Learning about the medical field
Cons
the hours are crazy and the pay is low