Cepheid
57Below average

Cepheid Employee Reviews

United States133 reviews
Giving the employee a chance to give their second thought and being innovative.
Diverse culture

Fair on giving overtime.

Learn different work from manufacturing to office work.
The company is very inefficient. The functional group in the core team are all telling how the other group should do their job but never able to deliver their deliverables. And they do not know how to do product development at all..... There is a DBS group that try to implement continuous improvement process in place but the middle management don't understand y so they never implemented it right.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work can be suck if you are in a bad team
There are unique times in ones career that you come up on a company that does amazing work with a purpose as well as invests in your personal & professional growth, Cepheid has that. Over the last 4 years I've seen Cepheid evolve from a good to great workplace. I trust my team mates, leadership at the top walk the talk, and there are tons of opportunity for learning and development. Oh and of course, our products are AMAZING!!! :)
Pros
High growth, great culture
Cons
Work hard, play hard (maybe not such a bad thing)
Very good place for landing work this company.
this place have challenge opportunity.

This biotech medical device, small diagnostic test.

I'm proud of this company
Having the chance to work at Cepheid taught me lot. I learned new skills. My co workers are fun and easy to work with. They are all warm and accomodating.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
As a former employee, all I can say is that it's good to work for this company just like any other company out there. Similar good benefits. You can earn to increase your rate of pay every other year depending on your performance to the department I was. Great co workers and just like I said this company is BIG and still growing.
Through out my years working in Accounting, this is the only company that has a very strong team-work culture. I learned a lot from my team-mates. The management is supportive to the regular employees ONLY. If you are a contractor, you're invisible to them and they don't acknowledge your hard work.
Our products are important to the health and well being of others
Growing company, diversity, fast paced business environment

I like what I do at Cepheid.
It was a great company and nice team. I got supported and encouraged during my time. A growing company and i can recommend others to apply this company.
Fact growing company needs more investment in infrastructure. The management provides advancement opportunities but needs to pay more attention to team building and reduce favoritism in general
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cepheid?
The company was great but after all the schedule was not fit for me and no overtime need.The people that work there was very nice and the company clean.
Cepheid Inc is a good place to work so far. It used to have ESPP before Danaher. It has very good culture to work with and management listens to ideas and suggestions. Open door policy is in all departments. Pretty much work/life balance and fixable schedule to work.
Great products and business strategy. I was proud to work for a company that made a difference in patient healthcare. There is definitely an expectation to work long hours and be available at all hours of the day/night.
Testing and paperwork can become overwhelming, don't be afraid to ask for help. If there is someone who can help, they will.
Always plan ahead of time or you will fall behind with production testing.
It was cool working with the team I was in, I just wished they would extend my contract but oh well. Time for me to move forward and move on.
It was okay place to work at, the commute a lot for me as well but still managed to wake up 6 AM in the morning to be here for 7 AM work.
They are bullies. They invite you to speak up and if you do so then you get fired. It is a horrible please to work.
Management suck. No promotion. It is who you know, no what you know.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Managmen. HR will not protect you.
Rotating schedule when I was there, did not get to see family much due schedules. Ok if you live in town. Benefits are good though. Pay is so-so. Might be better now.
Bad supervisor, minimum wage, unprofessional, far commute from san jose with lots of traffic, not too many english speaking people difficult to understand in a loud (loud machines)work environment. I complain about blood or poo everywhere in the bathroom and took pictures i sent them to the grave supervisor she didn't have anyone clean it up, would feel sick working there because they have flus they test with there medical devices
This job is perfect for people who want to start to change their lives and also get their foot in the door for helping others in the process . Job has great pay and great management
Very poor training for the position you are hired for. Sadly there is poor Management, and let me go right after I was taken off of disability with a serious medical problem.
The culture of this business only left room for advancements for people whom were in favor. No actually hard workers were ever shown and acknowledgment.