Cepheid Employee Reviews

Productive always work to do.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2019
was very busy and good work place and very good employees.
I learned about SAP there. and management was really not that great until last year its really great now.
Pros
good employees to work with
Cons
over time
great place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2018
I liked working here good people good commute lots of breaks the work was fun and the management good ...................................................
just don't
Software Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 14, 2018
Like seriously just don't unless you're looking into doing research and development in biology. I have heard only good things about R&D and Assay development though.
Company with a great mission
HR (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 31, 2018
I joined Cepheid because I wanted to be part of a company that was doing some good in the world and that's definitely what I've found here. My days are consistently busy and I love that. My work is challenging in the best way and if/when I feel like taking on more, all I have to do is ask. Not all employees may have this, but I enjoy that Cepheid gives me leeway to do what I feel is necessary to be successful in my role. Overall, a really enjoyable company to be a part of.
Pros
great mission, challenging work, advancement opportunities, continued innovation
Cons
no structured work-from-home options; general growing pains
poor management and little compensation
QC Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 29, 2018
Little compensation compared to the high living cost in the Bay Area
Not much support from upper management
Not much communication within the company
Quality is the worse area
Pros
Learn different roles in the one position
Cons
little compensation, no stock offered, no bonus
Biotech Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2018
First job that gave me the graveyard shift, I could get everything I needed to get done during the day and go to work after hours, With traditions such as Secret Santa, all of the employees got along and taught each other about the machines and guidelines to maintain safety and little errors.
A lot of change
Sr Logistics Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 23, 2018
Since Danaher purchased Cepheid 2 years ago, the company has changed drastically. Instead of customer focused its now about the bottom line. Instead of understanding the company, product and customer they came in and started enforcing the Danaher Business model. At a high level, its good. But it needs to be streamlined to fit the Cepheid. The Danaher executives are not flexible, they have no regard for the employees of the company they purchased and customer service needs are not a priority.
Pros
None except the product is exception
Cons
Danaher purchased the company and instead of understanding the business, bulldozed it with changes
Fun place to work
Material Handler Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale caSeptember 18, 2018
Be very productive multi tasking fast paced up for new challenges learning new tasks a lot of walking around on time punctual accountable reliable always thinking ahead
Cepheid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 7, 2018
Decent company. Need a culture shift and organizational change for there to be progression. Too many silo's and they are not actively broken down by executive management. Too many important initiatives for the business are drive bottom-up which does not facilitate success.
Pros
Cons
Management needs to be more driven; Culture shift necessary for company-wide success;
people are not friendly
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94089August 6, 2018
I was able to learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job is the break room. They have everything you need. The hardest part of this job is to operated machine.
Productive work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2018
Excellent training from upper management
Great teamwork
Fast paced with quality work is performed everyday
Safety was the number one priority day in and day out
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
10 minute breaks
productive and fun working
Machine Operator/ Lead Assist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot of things how to work at fast and to do my job on time and how much they have your back. The responsible that I had was to motivated person and be good nature to be able to coordinated and complete assignment on time and very flexible give assist to the Lead and help train the new machine operators.
Nice people to work for. Hard to advance
Facilities Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 30, 2018
I love my job, but after over 4 years of working here, there appears to be no way for me to advance. I've learned so much here, I've grown a lot, and I can say that its one of my most valuable experiences to date. Management is good, but communication could be better at times. It is improving steadily.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
No advancement
Start up Company Mentality
Technical Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 3, 2018
Start up Company Mentality but been in business 20+ years. Great product. Good people. Management is working on process and procedures. If you are interested in working in a medical company this is a good place to start out.
Frustrations with Management
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 20, 2018
My two largest frustrations with working here are management and work place culture.

At this time my shift is seeing a heavy workload while being understaffed compared to other shifts. Our weekend staff is suffering particularly as there has been an ongoing expectation for someone to assist through overtime but when there is no one available to put in extra work the scheduled employees are left overworked.

The workplace culture is difficult to navigate through as every individual works differently. Some do the bare minimum and move on while others have to work much harder to accomplish all the small tasks that pile up throughout the day. Pass downs between shifts can sometimes feel like pulling teeth as some are neglectful or reluctant to pass along information near the end of their shift.

However, there is some level of flexibility with scheduling and the compensation is decent for a entry level contract.
Benefits
Cons
Workplace culture, management, communication
avoid
business support role (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 28, 2018
they fire associates unjustly (even if you get a met expectations), management turns over a lot, bad culture overall, avoid this place at all costs! Lots of politics. Lots of turnover!
Pros
car charging station that you have to pay for
Cons
no lunch room, lots of politics!
good benefits, OT
Product Technician II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2018
it's a good company to start with and also ok for those who are about to retire who wants routine jobs. there can be variance depending on work orders or work requests but pretty much the work is the same every day. benefits are good, 401k, dental, medical and vision. 70% of it is covered by the company, 30% employee. night differential is in the talks before i left. career advancement quite slow, unless you know someone from a different department.
Pros
Ot
Cons
politics
Good people, fun atmosphere, advancement opportunities
Materials Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I have been here 8+ years and overall it is a pretty good place to work. The work life balance is good. Hours are flexible in most departments. Like to promote within.
Innovative and Collaborative Company
Biotechnology Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at work allows for collaboration with colleagues, actual time on the bench, and time to analyze collected data.

The company really cares for their employees and their happiness which translates into productivity.
Head quarter top management was too micro-managing causing difficulty in executing work
QC/Analytical chemistry manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 18, 2018
The work and life is relatively balance, the site management was good in providing top-of-line equipment for work. However the top management in Head Quarter was too micro managing; implement changing in Bothell site organization which caused disruption within departments..
Site management was not efficient in dealing with strong personality conflict.
Pros
value in providing advancing technology
Cons
lacking meaningful communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cepheid. Our community is ready to answer.