Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fast paced work place .
Safety Monitor (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIMay 1, 2019
Making sure the contractors were safe before starting their work day , and also making sure they had a safe work environment . I met a lot of different people from different parts of the world , and would love to do it again .
Pros
We were helping clean up a hurricane ravished Island .
Cons
No days off
Ok place
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 1, 2019
I don't really wish to write a review but I can't leave this blank either so here I am filling the requirements to meet a minimum of 150 characters so here we go.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate structure
Awsome company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 14, 2019
Excellent company,lots of hours ,fast paced,80+ hrs weekly, well paid for services ,disaster relief company ,take care of their employees, travel always
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
7 days a week
Productive and efficient
QC Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 18, 2019
Well managed company. Great employees a great place to work. Well relaxing company great pay . I really enjoyed going to work everyday. Great hours and great pay.
temporary job, for a well needed moment
QUALITY CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  St John, VIDecember 27, 2018
My time with Ceres was temporary to help my homes recovery from two hurricanes. So it was an irregular experience, but an overall pleasant one. I provided a necessary service, to which my superiors would check upon daily. They were willing to work with both me and the afflicted locals, who were not fully aware of their procedures and were often confused.
Disaster Response Company
Project Manager/Super/Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  USANovember 25, 2018
Get a call and you go. Plane, Train, Car, Boat what ever is needed to get where you need to be. Very demanding work in very difficult arenas. Post floods, ice storms, hurricanes and tornadoes are some.
Just think about it, living in a disaster area for months on end, no time off and working to help the people and remove all the debris.
Hard job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
The Work
laborers
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Virgin IslandsNovember 4, 2018
this job I would recommend to any one the pay is good the people and chain of command always are there and they make sure the work area is safe and enjoyable
Pros
pay is good
Good solid pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 25, 2018
Worked for Ceres during Katrina clean up. Temp job but offered advancement. Great pay. Valued job experience that offered lifelong skills and valuable lessons.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
A safe and effective workplace
Debris and ticket monitor (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
A safe and effective workplace the pay rate was very good work support and transportation was provided excellently management was very good the hours for very good
Pros
The pay rate was very good
Cons
The job didn't last long enough
Good place to work with good employees.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work and people.The hardest part of job was, as with all construction jobs, projects end and having to wait on a new one to begin. Which with Ceres Env. can be long period of time.
Pros
Salary, projects
Cons
Commutatiom betweem management and field personal.
Ceres
Knuckle Boom Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  LA,TX,GA,FLAugust 27, 2018
Wake up move to truck staging area and perform DOT inspection. Get a monitor and location to where you'd work that day cleaning trash. Learned how to work with a lot of different people and attitudes, and working with different equipment. Some of the management where amazing, understanding, had a soul. But that was very few and far between most didn't care if you lived.. Workplace was always different depending on who was the supervisor in charge. Hardest part for me was if I had to work or deal with the mechanic or the supervisors that thought they were gods. My favorite part of the job was helping the people that had damages to their homes causes I like to be positive cause good energy passes on to others.
Pros
Great pay, pay for you to fly home if they don't stab you in the back on an agreement.
Cons
long days, in the heat a lot, . The management, and supervisors that stab you in the back on their word or agreements that were made.
good place to work, fast paced
Quality Control Inspector Lead (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 6, 2018
since it was a temporary job it was very fast paced because we were in the middle of the disaster after the hurricane. The pay was good but the people in charge were not so bright
Pros
car allowance
Cons
worked 7 days a week
Great company provided excellent service after natural disasters
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2018
Company provides professional services to its clients. Gave new employees the opportunity to learn hands-on. The opportunity to work with many sub-contractors was a great managerial learning experience.
One of the worse jobs I have ever had and I have worked in a war zone.
Temp work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77064June 13, 2018
I don't know how that co. ever got that contract. The men all lazy dare a woman work harder then them. I couldn't believe how bad they let some people act there.
Pros
Cons
everyday was a sorry day, if it wasn't rainning
Extreme environment with very challenging project deliverables
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 25, 2018
Excellent company to work for in very challenging environments, typically post-disaster. Teams are highly focused and directives are typically clear, in required team environment.
ceres
Off Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 10, 2018
great company .anyone who likes to drive and work more than 13 hr a day well this job is for you.we did 60 hours a week so40 is regular hour and 20 hours over time .so your paycheck would be pretty decent
Slow during rainy season
LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 5, 2018
Good Company, Good people. The pay was excellent overall. I enjoyed my time working with Ceres Environmental Services. They are based all over the world. They care about their employees.
Pros
Good pay when working
Cons
Not enough hours during rainy season
Very Stressful job
Quality Control Inspector Lead (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 2, 2018
A typical day at work was more than 12 hours a day, very stressful, very fast, but it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was the hours, it was 7 days a week and mostly all the time you were in your car going to places you didnt know.
Good supervision with good benefits
Excavator Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77014March 1, 2018
I worked the night shift from 5 pm to 5 am. I cleared land and loaded trucks as needed. Supervision was minimal. Inclement weather made job more difficult with moving and loading the dirt onto trucks. Safety in operating heavy equipment was utmost important as equipment could easily turn over in the terrain.
Pros
Day shifts did get free lunches
Cons
Lunch and breaks were allowed between loads not specified times
good pleace to work
DOZER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
it is a good company to work with it, work more than 60 hours per week sometimes 70 if the weather let us .. because if rains we dont work any day of week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ceres Environmental Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. Reviews by Location