Ceres Food Group Employee Reviews

Work/Life Balance was awesome
FS Director (Former Employee) –  Highland, ILJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day involved making sure each location was properly staffed and ensuring the necessary food items for the day's menu were available. Management allowed you to make decisions without micro-managing. Workplace culture was acceptable. The most enjoyable part of my job was my staff.
Pros
I would definitely work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself.
great work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 25, 2017
i loved working here just didnt make alot of money but the staff is great the different locations are cool and close to get to pretty easy just not the job for a mother with bills
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and not enough money
Love my job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
I am thankful for the opportunity. Great people to work with! Hours worked around my schedule and loved the children, administration.Knowledge and training that was invested in me- helped me. Thank you
Smaller management company so was able to net work with other managers as well as department heads and CEO's.
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Food service director that functioned as menu writer, purchasing and production manager and distribution manager. To keep full time equivalents to a minimum I also helped in the kitchen at peak times.
Learned the rules and regulations that apply to the ever changing National School Lunch Program and the politics of the public education system.
This bulk satellite food service program was unique for Ceres so I developed and managed the program with limited guidance from the company.
My co-manager who took care of the daily service at each of the 14 schools was a power house that got the job done, leaving me to concentrate on my duties. Our cooks and drivers were great people who worked hard and made the job one of the better work experiences of my life. Worked with several of them for 14 years. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good benefit package, district manager was supportive, worked 8 hour days 75% of the time.
Cons
was an hour drive to and from work, longer on bad traffic days.