Cerium Networks Employee Review

View all Cerium Networks reviews

Serious Commission Payment Issues
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 21, 2017
Cerium has a bad habit of eroding earned margins of it's sales personnel during implementation of sold solutions. For example: Sold a phone system for $100k @ 32% gross margin. Due to install personnel and engineers not familiar with certain products sold in conjunction with the core solution, I was hit with additional labor hours to install switches. By the time the project was completed and system installed, my margins were eroded to 15%. There really is no appeals process, as the individual in charge of the technical staff (one of the owners) is also in charge of the commissions. It's like "The fox watching the hen house".

The labor associated with the installation of the systems is provided by the Pre-Sales Engineer, who is supposed to be in lock step with the technical team in order to apply the correct installation hours. However, that is never the case, as the labor hours given to the AE to populate the quote are always to low. Even when the AE builds in additional hours for a safety net, it's never enough, as there are always costs overruns.

In summary, Cerium will do whatever it can to not pay commissions earned...
Pros
Trying to define a corporate culture
Cons
Commission payments, daily pressure from sales management, not enough technical support in area vs. those AE's located near headquarters in Spokane, have to fight to get pre-sales technical resources-due to this lost several opportunities

Other Cerium Networks Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and educational work environment with growth opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 1, 2019
Cerium Networks is a great place to work if you are driven and motivated to move up in your career. Management recognizes hard work and provides growth opportunities. Fellow peers are all driven and willing to help. Senior employees have a strong knowledge background that they are eager to teach. Benefits are great and pay is above average for the industry.
Support Center Case Agent (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 30, 2018
Very stressful
Shift sucks
Don't get the pay for the amount of work I do
They expect alot from you for the pay
The place runs lean so it is hard to take time off
Pros
Like the people I work with
Cons
Very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerium Networks. Our community is ready to answer.