Cerner Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 961 reviews matching the search See all 1,156 reviews
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2019
I enjoy working here. Lots of smart people, respectful team dynamic, encouraged to find root cause than apply band-aids.

The projects go slowly but steadily, pay is very good compared to the workload and other companies in same area.
Pros
Good team dynamic
Cons
Slow paced culture
no work/life balance - overworked, underappreciated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2019
I was required to work 55 hours per week. I was then asked to work more on the weekends. My PTO decreased from 5 weeks down to 3 weeks when they hired the new CEO, and this was after I had worked there for 5+ years. How a company can take away something that is hard earned after giving them over 5 years of my life is beyond me.I never once received an email telling me thank you or good job in the 5+ years I was there, rather only emails asking for more time, more commitment, more numbers, more work - completely unappreciated. Incredibly stressful environment. No management training is offered, so my manager would communicate changes to us in an email and then say she was too busy to discuss them, which is why she emailed the changes to begin with. Some days, management doesn't even speak to their associates, and then send an email saying they were too busy to engage with us. Very negative, stressful environment - be prepared to only be a number - not a person at Cerner. And not to mention, our entire department has not received a raise in 3 years, and the reason given is that it is an expense year. However we would get an earnings email quarterly that would say how many millions and even billions of dollars had been earned... it is not the company that Neal Patterson broke his back to build. He would be ashamed of what it is today.
Pros
computer device leased during employment
Cons
compensation, no raises, PTO decreases instead of increases, overworked, underpaid, unappreciated
Great company for Entry Level Positions
Senior Support Services Owner (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 10, 2019
While the company has many opportunities for entry level positions, there aren't many opportunities for upward movement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients. The workplace culture in Kansas City if very positive, however, this is not the same experience in the Malvern location.
Productive place with a cool infrastructure
Associate Senior Software Engineer-JAVA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2019
The company teams, growth, and stability are good. It is a great place for beginners If you get into the right teams the technology stack and exposure is great. even if you don't have the latest stack of technologies you do have a lot of learning and growth and great team support.
Pros
Healthcare, Gym, work life balance
Cons
technology stack, compensation
Great benefits and entry level postions for college people
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2019
good learning curve for entry level college graduates with competitive pay, and benefits. lot of room to grow as an individual and lot of learning experience, with hand on newest technologies being used in IT healthcare field.
Call cewnter associate
Call Center Coordinator (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  ROCKCREEK PKWYFebruary 5, 2019
The call center was newm when I start, actual, at that time it was owned by teva, then cerner offered to purchase, which wasnt a option so call center moved to another company
Pros
A job at cerner
Cons
Money isntgreat
Cerner Review
Senior Technology Architect (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIFebruary 4, 2019
The culture at Cerner has transitioned over the last 14 years. Unfortunately, we lost one of our founders due to cancer, and the other two have retired. Since then I feel that the company is currently being run by individuals that do not encompass the same vision as the original founders.
Dev Center is a bit luck of the draw
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2019
Before entering a proper team you'll be in dev center, which will give you mentors to provide feedback for your code. The assessment of these mentors will have a large impact on whether you get placed on a team or get fired, if you're unlucky then your mentor will be strict with their assessments, which can get you booted while other more lenient mentors will let people move onto teams. If you get a harsh mentor you'll have to accept that you'll need to work harder than others just to avoid getting fired.
Overall all family oriented
PFS Cash Applications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 31, 2019
While working in Hanford, it was a great place to work high expectations and teamwork oriented. I was exposed to a lot of management growth opportunities.
Innovative company with great opportunities for personal growth
Lead Clinical Consultant, Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
Cerner Corporation is an innovative company, always looking for the now and next in health care IT. The autonomy provided to associates facilitates great opportunities for personal growth.
Great company if you work from Kansas city (I heard)
Lead technology architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
Working here now for many years (15+). I love the company, especially the people I worked with over the years, but they are obviously not a truly international company. The only way to further your career at Cerner is to move to Kansas city. I've been told that multiple times, and have experienced it first hand.
Very sad.. Lot's of potential here.. Not great execution.
Pros
Compensation, awesome colleagues and work ethics, great diversity
Cons
Very centralized to Kansas city, not the greatest leadership, being great at your job means you'll probably do it forever /no career
My Cerner Experience
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
Salaried. Work-life balance is great. Rarely work over 40 hrs a week, options for occasional remote work, can go to the gym over a long lunch break, flexible work hours.

Great team collaboration, currently have excellent leadership from our executives & directors.
A Good and Diverse Company
Manager/Sr. Technical Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 27, 2019
My career at Cerner started in 2011 when the company I worked for was acquired. From the start, I felt welcomed into the Cerner family. They quickly put my acquisition fears aside and explained that they were not in the business of letting go of top talent. Over the next year, I assisted in the information technology transition of my previous company over to Cerner. At the end of this transition, I was offered an attractive relocation package to Kansas City, which I accepted. Since the relocation, I've accepted different opportunities within Cerner that have advanced my skills and moved me up the corporate ladder. The opportunities at Cerner are immense; for this, Cerner is a good company.
Pros
Career growth opportunities, On-Site Gym, On-Site cafes, competitive compensation and benefits, On-Site daycare
Productive and calm environment
Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 26, 2019
Productive and calm environment. Given opportunities for growth and learning. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take class that will develop you for advancement.
Revenue Cycle
PATIENT ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2019
The revenue cycle department has gone down the drain. I would not recommend anyone to become apart of Cerner in that department. There is no room for advancement if you don't have a supervisor or manager that is there to help you be successful.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Poor Management, No room to grow, no incentives other than flex time
Fun workplace when not super busy
Senior Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2019
Cerner is always changing, you must be open to this or its not right for you. Management also changes like clock work. You can have flexible hours which is a plus. Work from home option as been taken away. You can do yoga on Tuesdays. Ping pong tables, pool tables, and air hockey table for your 15 minute breaks.
Lots of training opportunities
Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2019
If you're looking for a work environment that truly embraces continued learning, then Cerner is the place to be.

The on-boarding training was intense and the continuing training that was available was fantastic!
They're Trying
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Cerner is a large corporation, and you certainly feel it as an associate. There are some great perks and benefits, but it's also difficult to make much of an impact or be heard. The turnover rate is very high, and you often can't really get to know many people before they're gone.

Consulting is a particularly rough department to be in. It is constantly changing (which can be a plus at times), but they never give initiatives a chance to take affect before they change them again. There is very little work/life balance if you're one of the lucky ones who are assigned client work and travel. On the other hand, many associates sit around asking for work with little to do from day-to-day.

The company's culture isn't very inviting, nor is it ever really discussed as a point of focus.

If you like to travel, and you happen to be assigned a client that requests your presence, then you'll likely enjoy the travel aspect (great way to build frequent flyer miles)! Also the free gym, cafeteria, and onsite clinic and pharmacy are great perks. I do believe they are trying to improve management and retention rates, but I also believe associate value is of little importance overall.
Pros
Travel, gym, onsite clinic & pharmacy, onsite child care
Cons
Lack of culture, communication, and consistency
N/a
Revenue Cycle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2019
N/A - Nothing to add. Cerner is a huge company and they already know what their agenda is. Hire kids out of college, train them or lay them off if they are not smart enough.
Sweatshop
Associate Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2019
Only people who cannot move out for some reason stay here. Work pressure is RIDICULOUS . Company culture, leads/managers have sweat shop kind of mentality. If you stay in till 3 am in the morning for a code deploy you are still expected to come in at 7 am for your regular work hours. Are you kidding me?
There is a whole big Production Support group which is similar to a call center where you have to talk to end users of health care industry/ IT staff at hospitals. You have to hold on to a pager which rings anytime 24/7 and you have to drop what you are doing and join the call to resolve the issue. So you can never really leave work. Make sure you are aware about this before you join this group. I wasn't aware about this and have been stuck here since 2 years now. Be wise and do not join. Don't be me!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerner Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cerner Corporation.

Powered by Comparably