Cerner Corporation Employee Reviews

Cerner is completely fine
SENIOR DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2018
I liked some corners or Cerner better than others, but it's a large company so if you stick around long enough you can find a spot that works for you.
great
Patient Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2018
Great company you can learn a lot there. there is not much to say about the trining at all but once you get in there you are taught some things and what to do on the job.
Great Company
Advisory Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
Cerner is a great company to work for. Great benefits. Great culture. Lots of travel. Overall I recommend this company to anyone. Really relaxed environment.
fast working pace with a lot of potential for advancement
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2018
- Checking email for request, creating tool and report to support sale process. brainstorming for the project we are working on and how to development better process for future project.
- I have learned better team work, leadership, multitasking, better work culture, supporting teammates better
- Workplace culture is amazing. everyone is supporting each other, management is also good.
- The hardest part of the job is multitasking a lot of project in a really small amount of time.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a lot of recognition after finishing a project.
Cerner power chart conversion support
USAA Childrens and Woman (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 11, 2018
Worked with staff on daily documentation, work flow issues, calling in tickets to the command center, assisted in Daily workflow, and approve functionality among hospitals and clinics
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Productive and as fun as you make it
Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 10, 2018
Office culture is laidback and great. Get your work done, and youre fine. Keep an eye on management though. It's hit or miss. If you get a solid manager, expect a nice career path. If you don't, evaluate yourself and your options.

Traveling is almost necessary depending on position
Pros
Attire, flexibility
Cons
Distance, Management, Opportunity
Great place for smart, young professionals
Director, CRE (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2018
I appreciate all that Cerner has done for me and my family. Associates do turnover at a higher rate than average which generally leaves the company a bit short on deep, industry and business knowledge except at the top levels of management.
Great place to work for engineers
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2018
Great place to work for Systems and Software Engineers to get experience especially if you're fresh out of college. Great opportunity to gain experience it just takes a while to catch people up on compensation compared to the rest of the industry compensation numbers.
Great place for start your IT career
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64117June 7, 2018
Great place to start your IT career after college. As long as you are on a good team that is willing to teach you the Cerner culture you should be fine.
Great perks available at all locations
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2018
If you are dedicated and able to give 100% to this company, you will be compensated accordingly. I worked at the headquarters in NKC. We were able to wear jeans daily, there is a huge health center including a pool, and the food court is phenominal!
Excellent Company
Sr. Android Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2018
Typical work day at Cerner is enjoying what we do there, awesome work environment, good place to work, good team, good management and overall i hate to quite the company but i let go because of contracting. Pays well.
I love working in Cerner
Flexible Company
Engagement Leader (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Cerner. It has been a good experience and a great company to work for out of college. I started off as a consultant and am now a project manager. Consulting was not for me and Cerner helped me realize that. As a project manager in the support organization I am always on call. Always being on call gives me a more flexible schedule. Additionally, being a project manager has allowed me to improve on my organizational skills and presenting skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Always on call
The work environment changes constantly. Must be focused enough to obtain the required resources to be effective.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2018
This company creates solutions that appropriately addresses problem areas in the healthcare system. I appreciated the opportunity to meet and work with healthcare professionals that are compassionate about the services they provide to the patients they care for.
Good Concept but Poor Leadership
Revenue Cycle Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2018
This company appears solid on the outside but there are many jagged edges within. Recruitment is top knotch. This is a ploy to lure good candidates. It's one of the main reasons there is such a high turnover. Benefits are not the best and their PTO policy and work/life balance sucks! It would be a great company if Cerner actually followed it's own mission.
Pros
They are still growing
Cons
They do not value good employees and there is favoritism
APPRENTICESHIP (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2018
I had a great manager that worked with me to expand my position and to become a better worker with more experience in my field. Great benefits and time off opportunities.
SENIOR ENGAGEMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2018
Good place to be in the advancement of Medical software and be the in the forefront of change. A company that is very forward thinking and is a big player in the changes coming in the medical field.
many over worked
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 29, 2018
Majority there are overworked and new clinics keep getting added on with no additional resources except for clinical staff. Not enough other staff to help overall. Friends I still know that work there feel disconnected, dismissed and not appreciated at all!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, on call hours, deadlines
Fun enviornment
Senior Early Childhood Specialists (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2018
The co-workers are great, and stick together. The long days require a lot of commitment from workers, but the one day off a week is nice with at least a 4 day weekend one day a week.
Great pay, benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 26, 2018
Although the pay was great, i was not fond of management at the local facility. Very judgemental with their employees personal life. They use their own personal feelings against their employees.
Vision
Strategic Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2018
Cerner has excellent management and vision for its contribution to the HCIT market. They are very innovative and at the cutting edge of healthcare trends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerner Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight