Cerner Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Review
Technical Solution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 13, 2018
I just want to find a new job and for some reason this site is making me type out a minimum of 150 characters to do that. I understand this is a business but give me a break
Overall meh
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 13, 2018
Was a good starting job to get some experience. Don't know how people make careers out of that place. If you are looking for a place that values employees, instead of arbitrary metrics, I'd look elsewhere.
OT and no salary increase
Senior Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 12, 2018
Mandatory OT, 80 hour work week every 3 months. No salary increase when you are promoted, you have to wait for a possible increase at review time if your lucky
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
OT and no perks to advancing
Cut throat and doesn’t care
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAAugust 11, 2018
Doesn’t care about employees. Will push them out of their job. Regional manager doesn’t bother to ask how work flow goes. Makes drastic changes without realizing how it affects patient care.
Cons
No breaks, bad medical insurance
Unfair expectations
Health Plan Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2018
The expected a lot of me but hardly required others to do the same. I was required to work on all tasks throughout the day and still doubled phone calls of those who were only working on the phones.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
schedule, expectations were high
ok
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2018
a typical work day was fast pasted and you did a lot the best part about working in the healthcare field is that it is constantly changing and you never get bored.
Learning experience
Patient Access Supervisor PreRegistration (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2018
Working for Cerner has been a huge learning experience due to Cerner being a global company. I have been given very good training for my position that has come in handy in many aspects of my life and for that, I am truly appreciative
Great company
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2018
Great company, but may not be the right fit for everyone who applies for a position. Lots of travel. Long hours for salaried work workers. Challenging environment which may be good for those thrive on that sort of environment. Hardest part of the job is moving up the ranks. Most enjoyable is working with folks of varied skill sets and background.
Interesting place to work
Production Owner - Cernerworks, CTS Solutions (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 7, 2018
Depends on the area that you work, but the opportunities to move around the company is a thing of the past. The Malvern verses KC work life is night and day. Employees are treated differently and work verse personal life is not the same in each location.
Cerner
Application Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
Cerner expects a minimum of a 48 hour work week. No pictures or plants can be displayed at work. Business casual no autonomy. Favoritism rules aren’t for everyone. Very political. They expect you to spend your own money and time to put in extra man hours for their foundation.
Pros
Salary
Excellent Company!!
Kansas City, Mo - Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2018
*Great benefits.
*Great opportunities
*Great Compensation

I worked on a great team with an excellent manager and colleagues. Work was challenging but fun!!
Loved the job just not the travel
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2018
Company is great to work for and enjoyed what I did, but couldn't handle all of the travel. The travels did allow you to go places you may have never been, occasional travel would have been ideal, just not every week.
Pros
Great benefits. Opportunity to meet many people. Salary
Cons
Every week travels
High turnover due to horrible culture and terrible management.
Solution Design (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64137August 4, 2018
Work here for a year or two, then move to a real company with a good benefits package, mature/skilled management, thorough training, a clear outline for future advancement, and a review process that makes sense.
Pros
Team skill building
Cons
Awful benefits and insurance, no advancement, bad management, cliques, completely unreliable domains/tools, different rules for men vs. women, nonsensical annual review process
Professional and Productive workplace...
Lead Change Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2018
I have enjoy my time with Cerner Corporation. I feel like they are a great company to work for that has an amazing vision of transforming health care.
Good workplace only in Kansas City
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2018
It was a good starting company outside of college that provided opportunities for recent grads however the progression is weak and the training is poor outside of KC.
Cerner does not have a good employee retention policy.
technical service analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2018
They hire employee's directly out of college and most of the employee's do not stay more than 1 or 2 years. They do not respect a balance of work and external life outside of Cerner
A typical day at work in billing.
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work in the RevWorks department varies from day to day. You must be flexible. I learned mostly on the job through my peers not through formal training. Management has very high expectations that seems very unrealistic as a biller seeing the day to day problems. The hardest part of my job is seeming that management doesn't hear what the billers see as issues on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I find a trend and can report the trend through a service request and it then becomes a resolved issue.
Great environment
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 30, 2018
On going learning environment, with a wide open place to learn. The Cerner team associates leads with open arms and doors for learning. The atmosphere here is welcoming and peaceful.
Pros
knowledge base
Cons
Lack of ownership
Great Company
Engagement Owner (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2018
Cerner is a great company to work for. It offers an amazing pay and benefits package. The hardest part about working there (for me at least) is the travel. I was away from home over 200 days last year.
Okay place to start your career but not a good place to stay
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2018
The team is pretty agile which means lots of work and lots of questions when work is not finished within a sprint. Salary increase is meaner and almost 0 bonus. Depending on the work, maybe you will have more to learn if you in the cloud team. Otherwise your experience will not help much to land you a good job in silicon valley.
Pros
Easy interview and it's a okay place to start for new graudates
Cons
Low compensation, bad high deductible health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerner Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight