Cerritos College Employee Reviews

I work with a great boss.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 7, 2018
I work with an amazing boss and supportive department. I invest a lot of time and effort into my work and feel undervalued. The pay is not competitive and I receive no benefits.
Pros
There is support for my personal projects.
Cons
Low wage.
i love cerritos
Student (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 23, 2018
cerritos college was a fun and energetic atmosphere. it was a very outgoing environment with alot of potential. i learned aalot from this place. i also learned how to network with individuals
A great experience for entry level secretary clerks/ administration.
Secretary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 8, 2018
Servicing 30 students per day would either help you understand more of what the department can help students with and sometimes there could be a lot of miscommunication. Training should be implemented especially with delicate information about a students status with the school, their due fees, and grades.
Pros
Plenty of food to snack on
Cons
Working part time doesn't allow you the same benefits as a full time employee such as paid vacation, health care, or union benefits
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great learning environment. Very hands on. Great staff of teachers and are always willing to help. Willing to go above and beyond to help students advance.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Heat in the kitchen
Leadership role that allows for an immersive experience.
Chemistry Tutor/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 29, 2018
Ran weekly meeting open to the public and consisted of 30 voting members. Interacted with college administration to address the concerns of the students.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Professor, Sociology (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 17, 2018
The students! I loved being a professor. The students made this my tenure at Cerritos College an absolute joy. Their curiosity, their willingness to be engaged , and given their desire sometimes to get the best grade for the least amount work made me endless creative, innovative, and insightful about both pedagogical and androgogical approaches to learning.

Academic Culture:

Cerritos College provided students with myriad opportunities to be successful--the the Learning resources Centers, tutors, workshops. etc. But, at the same time, students (and to some extent, faculty) were treated like children. One example as it relates to students is that they were accorded 14 weeks to withdraw from classes in an 18-week semester if they were doing poorly. If students did not withdraw themselves, faculty were required to drop them.
Pros
Academic Culture
Cons
Academic Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Adjunct Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day at work at Cerritos College is enjoyable as students participate in a college community setting. I have learned to become a better Spanish Instructor at Cerritos College. I find that management is collabative and supportive. The workplace culture is one that focuses on positive student outcomes and the educational success of students. I would say the hardest part of the job is being able to teach a class with diverse learning styles. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to teach Spanish which is my passion.
Pros
Good administrative staff
Cons
Do not teach enough classes
Good student job
ACCOUNTING TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 31, 2018
Tutoring students is fun and enjoyable. Can usually find someone to cover your shift, if necessary. Sometimes difficult to get a tutor schedule ahead of time.
Great learning experience
Student Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 13, 2018
Great positions, excellent office environment. Good training and competitive pay. Very great community, always looking after there staff. Providing great work positions opportunities for students.
Great Place to work
teacher track (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650April 21, 2018
This is a great place to work, I would recommend this place if you're considering to work there. also conveniently located right off the freeway and accessible
Productive place, with all necessary tools to learn how to
Porter program (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 10, 2018
During the porter program, I learned what abilities and skills are needed to become a professional porter at any dealership. We learned on what to expect from a dealership, to how to wash, park the automobiles in a certain fashioned way. We learned the properly way to inspect vehicles from any damage, to how properly give maintenance. The hardest part were how to park the automobiles in the way the dealership wants to the cars to be parked. I enjoyed everything has to deal with cars, since its my passion, as one day I aspire to become a mechanic
It wasn't bad
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 28, 2018
But it wasn't great. Given I felt like an outsider as an adjunct professor, I didn't have to deal with bureaucracy but did not feel strongly connected to my colleagues. Facilities are not bad for a community college; a lot of new and recent construction. The people I knew were generally warm and ready to help if you needed it.
Pros
many new buildings, friendly people
Cons
low pay, fluctuating (down) units offered each semester
Great work environment
Receptionist/Technology Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 21, 2018
Plenty to learn from helping student, staff is very friendly, awesome work environment. Workplace is slow paced most times. Can get stressful at times at peak times.
Rewarding place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 13, 2018
Provides opportunity to make a difference for students with who have greater education/career ambitions.

Campus leadership is fairly democratic.

Strong staff and faculty.Union.
not reliable employment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 28, 2018
No job security, Seniority means absolutely nothing If your class does not feel you do not have a job tell the next semester maybe Very political on who is your friend
Pros
great students
Cons
not reliable employment
Division Clerk
Division Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I worked at Cerritos College for about a year in their publication department. I was in charge of making copies for faculty and staff and making deliveries to the book store.
good
Computer Science Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Take a minute to review Cerritos College.
About your reviews:

NEVER included with your job applications
Posted anonymously on Indeed

Rate this company
*required
Overall rating*
Excellent College
Online Court Reporting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The court reporting program at this college was excellent. The instructors and staff were superior, and it was a wonderful working environment. Was very sad to see the cuts to the program through the years and then the eventual closing altogether.
Fun outreach with students
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650December 3, 2017
I worked as a student ambassador. We helped prospective students (mostly high school) and did what we could to inspire them to go to college. The work environment was really fun and rewarding.
Cerritos Cosmetology
Cosmetologist Student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 20, 2017
Well, I was a student at Cerritos College in the cosmetology program. I did all my training to prepare myself for the real world and to get my license there. I was trained in haircuts, eyebrow arching, extensions, hair dying, perms, manicures and pedicures. I went to school full time mon- friday. And it really did prep me bc I now have my license.
Pros
finished the program quicker
Cons
n/a