Cerritos College Employee Reviews

Fun
TEACHER'S AID (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 24, 2019
the management at Cerritos college work-study program are very nice and are willing to work with you and your school schedule. it was an extremely pleasant time
Committed to students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650February 2, 2019
Community College with a great track record in helping the community. Most programs are created to help the student and the community around. Teachers are committed to excellence
Pros
Social Service
Cons
no full-time jobs
Outstanding campus in Norwalk California
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Student life on Cerritos College's Norwalk campus is what you make of it. If you are a diligent student, you will succeed in your studies and graduate quickly. If you blow off your classes, and do not take your studies seriously you will fail.
Pros
Good campus, friendly faculty
Cons
Parking is a nightmare
Fun and Enjoyable position
CalWORKs Student Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I manage the front desk in one of the departments on campus. I love interacting with the students and the staff is amazing and helpful

The only thing I don't like is that I am stuck behind the front desk all day and I can't do anything else. There is no room for advancement. Even with promises from the director saying that they would like me to do more, there is no follow through. And since it is only part time, I can't really do anything more. There is no budget for full-time.
Pros
pot lucks every month
Cons
no benefits
Comfortable Workplace
Assistant to Department Chairman and Dean (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day at work consist of me going into my office getting my documents ready for my daily class presentations. I learned something different daily depending on what questions students had each class visit on a daily basis. My manager and co-workers were a pleasure to work with with I actually had to interact with them. The workplace was great because I had my own office in my own building and I was able to work comfortably in peace. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the instructors and students and helping them out with information that most of the time, they had no clue existed.
Pros
my own office, my own building, my own schedule, very flexible schedule, friendly environment.
Cons
not enough hours, no full-time positions.
Program Facilitator
Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 17, 2018
A day at Cerritos College is pretty interesting. One learns to communicate and read others while working here with the different kind of people you see coming in and out of the college. Management is rather strict when it comes about missing work, however I never had a problem with that. The hardest thing about this job is multitasking, for example you could be having about a hundred emails and 5 student a the same time asking you questions and then forget what you were typing. However my favorite part about working here they are rather flexible with your schedule if your are a college student.
I liked it
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650December 10, 2018
It was good working here as a student because I was able to work in between classes which was nice and not have to travel to different locations and worry about traffic
Productive and Fast paced
Assistant Parking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 5, 2018
Great to learn and grow in this department.
Cadets, Chief, Captain and my Supervisor worked very well with me and helped me improve my Excel skills.
Made sure vendors, staff and students had updated parking permits for the school year.
I work with a great boss.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 7, 2018
I work with an amazing boss and supportive department. I invest a lot of time and effort into my work and feel undervalued. The pay is not competitive and I receive no benefits.
Pros
There is support for my personal projects.
Cons
Low wage.
Productive and fun workplace
Division Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 10, 2018
A typical day at work is scanning papers. I am currently learning a new position. The hardest part may be the position I am training for. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not a lot of work sometimes
i love cerritos
Student (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 23, 2018
cerritos college was a fun and energetic atmosphere. it was a very outgoing environment with alot of potential. i learned aalot from this place. i also learned how to network with individuals
A great experience for entry level secretary clerks/ administration.
Secretary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 8, 2018
Servicing 30 students per day would either help you understand more of what the department can help students with and sometimes there could be a lot of miscommunication. Training should be implemented especially with delicate information about a students status with the school, their due fees, and grades.
Pros
Plenty of food to snack on
Cons
Working part time doesn't allow you the same benefits as a full time employee such as paid vacation, health care, or union benefits
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great learning environment. Very hands on. Great staff of teachers and are always willing to help. Willing to go above and beyond to help students advance.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Heat in the kitchen
Leadership role that allows for an immersive experience.
Chemistry Tutor/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 29, 2018
Ran weekly meeting open to the public and consisted of 30 voting members. Interacted with college administration to address the concerns of the students.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Professor, Sociology (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 17, 2018
The students! I loved being a professor. The students made this my tenure at Cerritos College an absolute joy. Their curiosity, their willingness to be engaged , and given their desire sometimes to get the best grade for the least amount work made me endless creative, innovative, and insightful about both pedagogical and androgogical approaches to learning.

Academic Culture:

Cerritos College provided students with myriad opportunities to be successful--the the Learning resources Centers, tutors, workshops. etc. But, at the same time, students (and to some extent, faculty) were treated like children. One example as it relates to students is that they were accorded 14 weeks to withdraw from classes in an 18-week semester if they were doing poorly. If students did not withdraw themselves, faculty were required to drop them.
Pros
Academic Culture
Cons
Academic Culture
Productive and fun workplace
Adjunct Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day at work at Cerritos College is enjoyable as students participate in a college community setting. I have learned to become a better Spanish Instructor at Cerritos College. I find that management is collabative and supportive. The workplace culture is one that focuses on positive student outcomes and the educational success of students. I would say the hardest part of the job is being able to teach a class with diverse learning styles. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to teach Spanish which is my passion.
Pros
Good administrative staff
Cons
Do not teach enough classes
Good student job
ACCOUNTING TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 31, 2018
Tutoring students is fun and enjoyable. Can usually find someone to cover your shift, if necessary. Sometimes difficult to get a tutor schedule ahead of time.
Productive and very rewarding.
Student Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 25, 2018
A typical day at work is helping out a student in making their appointment for a counselor or a tutor. Also reminding the student that we are there to help them in what they need to succeed in college. I have learned to be patient and more understanding of people struggles to achieve their education.The management is great they guide you with ease. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the new regulations for the program, meaning new forms are added or taken away for students to get signed off on by the counselors. Since these students have an agreement with their county office, regulations are constantly changing. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the students by a first name basis and building a relationship with them.
Pros
paid sick days
Cons
part time only
Great learning experience
Student Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 13, 2018
Great positions, excellent office environment. Good training and competitive pay. Very great community, always looking after there staff. Providing great work positions opportunities for students.
Great Place to work
teacher track (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650April 21, 2018
This is a great place to work, I would recommend this place if you're considering to work there. also conveniently located right off the freeway and accessible