CertainTeed Employee Reviews

Good people but unhealthy workplace.
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2018
Great job working with great people in an unhealthy workplace. Asbestos fibers and dust were everywhere and we were not aware of how dangerous it was.
Pros
Great people with good attitudes
Cons
Unhealthy workplace that has caused cancer for many of us.
productive
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 8, 2018
Safety First and very high quality standards.
ISO certified.
very good incentives for safety accomplishments and communicate often to employees with updates.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Very limited growth within the facility.
Internship
Mechanical Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 26, 2018
I completed an Internship with CertainTeed and definitely learned a lot about bad culture. I feel like everyone was trying to make the plant successful from the salary side but they had major issues getting appropriate people in a timely manner.
Fast paced job
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 25, 2018
Extreme fast paced job very long hours (12) hour shifts. The company does however offer a fair benefit package for an individual. Overall not a bad place to work but it is taxing on your family life.
Use to be a great place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Semora, NCJune 23, 2018
This was a great place to work. Until the change of management the plant manager dosent know how to operate the plant. If your not in a certain group or crowd your chances of advancing are limited. We had unqualified people performing jobs they where not qualified for but they received the jobs anyway cause they where in the good ol boy group. Working conditions where very hot and fast paced environment.
Pros
Good pay and insurance
Cons
Terrible management, made up rules
No movement
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Semora, NCJune 22, 2018
No chance for advancement and the management is a little one sided. It is clickey so if you don't fit in you won't advance. The company itself is top notch and is excellent.
Excellent
Admin (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJune 10, 2018
I currently work through a temp agency and am looking for this opportunity to work directly with the company. All that I have come in to contact with have been willing to make sure an individual succeeds.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Haven't had any
a typical day work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 30, 2018
CertainTeed is a great place to work with benefits. It is also a twelve hour swing shift and may be required to work mandatory overtime. You have the options of learning many skills.
Cons
swing shift
good company
Warehouse Supervisor 2nd Shift (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSMay 7, 2018
Always had good feeling about working in the warehouse, had good manager, employees if was more a family enviorment which its hard to find in company now days, had family pinic every year was very wonderful.
Pros
family
Cons
long hrs/rotating
The company is a very good place to work.
Inspector/packer level 4 (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 4, 2018
It was a very fast paced job,very hot place to work, there was always something to keep you busy whether it was on the floor or the lines there was always something to do. They were a family oriented company.I miss that.
CertainTeed
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAApril 27, 2018
This was a decent place to work. I was never very busy and they did not seem to have a definitive plan for me beyond taking over for consultants who did the installation. People were friendly and there was no micromanegement. Vacation policy (2 weeks) was poor.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Did not seem to committed to the SAP solution. Vacation policy.
Good Company, Great People, sorry to Leave
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 25, 2018
Culture is great but company is strongly under control of parent company.

Managers vary a lot in terms of style, I left because manager switched.

HR is terrible at handling difficult situations.
Pros
Healthcare starts on day one of employment, onsite cafe and gym
Productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2018
I am thankful and loved my job with certainteed. Had it not been for an emergency with my mother and having to take a few days off to care for her I would still be there, but because of supervisors and management not being on the same page about what time I could take off I lost my job.
Management plays favoritism
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Russell Village, ALApril 10, 2018
Management plays the favoritism game with new maintenance people. Would recommend no one work at this location because of poor management. To many good people leaving in the last couple of years.
World Class Company
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaApril 6, 2018
Goals were clear, problems were prioritized and solved in cross functional teams. Continued to improve year over year.
I would definitely recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
collaborative work environment
Cons
too many presentations
Not a safe place to work
Production Forklift (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AlMarch 30, 2018
Management rushes you to get things done. Does not look at safety issues. Very unhealthy environment. Plant manager has anger issues. Workers are on edge at all times.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work
Great Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesburg, MOMarch 28, 2018
Even though I was an intern, I felt like my opinion was heard. They care about their employees and everybody was very friendly. It never felt like a chore to come into work. It was a great environment.
Great first experience
Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chowchilla, CAMarch 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there for sure. Everyone was supportive and collaborative. There was a team atmosphere and a go-getter drive there. I got experience in many different sides of the company.
A little of everything.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 15, 2018
I help ensure the machine operators are trained, safe and efficient. In addition to supervising operators, I spend my days wearing many different hats. I plan production, manage goods movement in the warehouse, perform preventive maintenance, diagnose equipment failure, plan and perform equipment maintenance, buy and manage parts for the facility, and conduct quality checks. Recently, I have been preparing for the installation of the SAP resource planning and data management program. This has involved developing an organization system for parts and a formal preventive maintenance program.
Good people in production
Electrical Controls Repairman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 14, 2018
There are a lot of good people doing the hard work on the production floor. The rotating shift work is pretty hard to get used to and when you made to feel like the manufacturing of insulation is supposed to be the most important thing in your life, giving up time off with your family, called in in the middle of the night, working 12 hours in stead of 8, that gets to be too much for a family man like myself.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
schedule, hours, and some of the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CertainTeed. Our community is ready to answer.