CertainTeed Employee Reviews

no comment
mechanic/SAP (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 10, 2019
Worked at the granule plant in Norwood, Ma.
They have a paid "tale teller" roosting upstairs in one building with a rear bigger than his ego.
Then you have the day supervisor who works under the lard rear sitting on his rear in another building, the day super doesn't know jack-sheet about machanical aspects in relation to a why equipment breaks down.
DO NOT expect a lousy paper dust mask to keep airborne silca out of your lungs not to mention the damage the 'stone dust' does a number on your vision.

A bonus is handed out to every employee once a year after it is dangled before you at every safety meeting to help make you turn a blind eye to numerous safety issues.

Certainteed/St. Gobain is a major polluter in the United States......not to mention the shingles coming out of Norwood might.....I say, MIGHT.....last for 10 years if the purchaser is lucky.

Norwood Granule plant, a good csndidate for the armpit of the state......a filthy dirty, lung damaging dump.
Pros
During acute shut downs the air clears up.
Cons
There isn't a long enough shut down to properly repair anything properly.
Reproductive
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2019
Management is very racist what ever job u start at thats where they want u to do forever only whites get promoted there isn't any overtime anymore rotate shifts weekly just a poor all around job
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Deadend job
Machine Operator / Line Leader / Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Good if your single but if your married don't bother. Place needs better management and better pay for the work being done. Good benefits but pay could be much better for the work being done and for the production expected. This location in Bradenton needs to show more initiative towards keeping its people happy. The shift supervisors work like dogs and get shown no appreciation. Upper management needs to change if they want to keep people there. Every guy there is looking for a better job that is sad.
Pros
Good benefits, Paid time off, Work and holiday lunches.
Cons
Management, no advancement, Does not value hard working employees.
Not a bad place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Proctor, WV 26055January 27, 2019
Its not a bad place to work you get the hours but the management wasnt very good. if you want to work a lot of hours for minimum pay then this is the job to go to you get a lot of overtime but no one is treated like an employee
got the job done with men that are now like family to me
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAJanuary 22, 2019
Was a great place to work. I learned a lot in 30 years. Worked shift work, so everyday different. Some management was good and some not so good, just like any job. We all helped each other out, when our own tasks were done.
Very old school materials company
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Being a student in the silicon valley, an internship at CertainTeed will not advance your career in technology. Wanted to advance my career and work for quality, ended up working like a union employee for shipping instead of engineering.
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work. Valued Safety culture.
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Semora, NCDecember 20, 2018
Great people to work with.

Valued Safety culture.

Innovative and Fast-paced environment.

Competitive salary and benefits.

Newly built facility with updated equipment.
Certainteed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PADecember 6, 2018
CertainTeed was a large company with many divisions which help to create hybrid best pratices due to all divisions having similar position in different industries
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
too corporate
Collabrative Attitude. Fun place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSDecember 3, 2018
My typical work day was setting up and overseeing processes with injection molding machines. Analyzing data and working to maintain or better processes. Management was fair and instilled a OWN IT mentality in the work force.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Lots of travel in my position.
Challenging
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
Great challenging workplace every single day is different and there is a lot of things you can and will learn most of the management team is pretty relaxed as long as you do your job.
Cons
Long Hours
Lots of opportunities globally
Director, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2018
Hard work is rewarded. No glass ceiling. Great people to work with. Many leadership development and continuing education classes. Big emphasis on safety.
Safety is not driven by management
US Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 15, 2018
When new manager came in, he was trying to build expectations to his old job and drive change that was not widely accepted by workers. He was more concerned about not reporting incidents as they should have been properly reported.
Work schedul;e
Operator (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSNovember 14, 2018
I worked a rotating 12 hour shift with 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, and 3 days off. Once in a while, I would have to work a 16 hour day when someone for the next shift was unable to work.
Here at CertainTeed we make duct liner insulation for the HVAC division and it is hot and sometimes very uncomfortable.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work is making sure that production is running the right product because we could have a schedule change at the drop of a hat and we have to be ready for that.
I have learned over the years of being a supervisor then productive manager that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try or what you do.
The management here is outstanding everyone handles their business professionally and honestly.
The culture here is very positive and everyone works together to meet our end goals.
The hardest part of the job is working in our insulation environment. It gets all over you and it itches.
The most enjoyable part of my almost 15 years was working with the people here in our plant. The people here are second to none and they always delivered.
Pros
Good paying job with great benefits.
Cons
Not be able to surround the core people with new people.
It all depends on the manager you have
Sales Service Rep II, Pricing & Dev (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 8, 2018
The culture and the intentions of the company are great -- but everything is at the discretion of your manager-- that's what makes your job good or bad.

the company offers working from home, extended vacation times, ping pong, other games, organized sports, company events all the time, but if your manager does not allow you to participate, then -- you don't get to enjoy those perks!

the same goes for promotions. some managers follow the company policy to promote within, and help you advance, pay for your classes etc, som managers (like the one I have) does not want to let you go - and only wants to pay for classes related to the current job -- although eh company says, pay for ANY classes that can be used for a job within the company. I currently work to support Finance, however, my background and what I want to do is in Supply Chain. That's one of the reasons I am looking for a job outside of CT.

overall as a company - it's good. but ... everything -- EVERYTHING is at the discretion of your manager. good manager = great experience, bad or not so good/understanding manager = no so good experience.
Safety
Maintenance/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Social Circle, GANovember 6, 2018
Too much stress about safety that job could not be preformed with out going through hoops. Maintenance shop very well equipped. Too many eyes woried about what you were doing insteed of what they were doing.
Good company
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2018
culture needs improvement. compensation is good. channel conflict makes job difficult. often competing with distribution accounts for same direct business
CertainTeed
Territory Manager Southeast Region (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 16, 2018
Outstanding company in all aspects, highly recommended! There are many Business Units within the organization, and I am in the Technical Insulation Business Unit, which is highly specialized, and challenging, but rewarding.
Great place to work for those new to Industry
Packer (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 14, 2018
This facility is great for those starting out in a more industrial type of work environment, the staff are very supportive and the managers are fair and reasonable, hours are reasonable and you are rotated to different stations every couple of days to keep it fresh, they walk you through every step of what you are supposed to be doing where ever you go. overall, an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Paid lunch time, Showers on site.
Cons
Fiberglass
Good people, poor maintenance practices.
Engineering and Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Proctor, WVOctober 10, 2018
I ran the Maintenance Department for Certain Teed. They were decent people to work with. 1. They were very poor in their on-boarding training program. I received no training. 2. I came on-board as a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional, and they would not listen to any of my recommendations for improvements to the Maintenance practices in the plant. Their program was reactive maintenance, vice Pro-active maintenance, and they would not make recommended improvements.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Would not change to improve Maintenance Practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CertainTeed. Our community is ready to answer.