Certified Oil Employee Reviews

Terrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2019
They will try to give you a promotion and not give you any pay raise, I was an assistant manager who was making less than the new hire cashiers. The store management was great but the district managers had no care whatsoever of the employees who made their business run.
Good while it lasted
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2019
It was a strong collaborative environment with a cohesive management team. The work life balance was good even though the pace was very fast. It has recently been acquired by a much larger company and I hope the positive things about Certified Oil continue.
It's o.k. they will try and work you to death.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 16, 2019
It pays my bills it's fun some times when you work with people who have fun to. Clean bathrooms make sure they there are cups lids and coffee going all the time
Pros
Discount on drinks
Cons
Short breaks and none at all sometimes
Staff and customers great
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2019
Upper management horrible in the way they treat and talk to their staff on a daily basis . To demanding for how they paid us and was very hard to make bonus
Laid back..
Cashier (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 6, 2019
Need to have 2 people working 3rd shift!!! It is a Dangerous time to be left all by yourself,And get buzzers for the coolers you can't hear when your inside..And pay more for 3rd shift instead of minimum wage...
Pros
Great manager
Cons
No breaks, can't live off minimum wage, not enough people working 3rd shift
It was a relaxed placed but becoming focused on new loyalty cards
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  OHApril 22, 2019
Certified is a better company than the other convenience store I worked at. Some downfalls are that the company has a strict model of what can be sold with little flexibility. It would be nice if stores could remove products that do not sell and replace them with items customers want. Upper management do not seem to know all of their jobs and are starting to focus on numbers instead of customers.
Pros
Relaxed environment and great customers
Cons
Pay is not competitive
I had to deal with constant drama, my boss wouldn't do anything about it. The pay sucked and the hours were all over the place.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2019
Constant drama from a particular coworker and poor management caused me to never want to work for them again. I was promised a raise after 90 days and didn't get it until a week before I quit. Which they knew i was quitting so it felt like an attempt to get me to stay, but I wasn't going to. They treated me unfairly and did nothing to try and solve the situation with my coworker. My first month working there I went unpaid because I mistakenly left a number out of my routing number paperwork and instead of them letting me know they let it go and my money was being sent right back to them so I don't know how they didn't notice.
Pros
Employee discounts.
Cons
Terrible coworker and terrible corporate
Fast paced
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 4, 2019
Certified oil is very fast paced, you have to be very observant and know how to keep track of money. You have very nice customers, and you have very rude customers, you have to have very thick skin to work here.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No career advancement
Decent work environment just not much to do
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Richwood, OHApril 3, 2019
Great place to meet new people and grow in customer service with all of the daily interactions. Building trust and teamwork among staff and management as we all work toward the same goals.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Quick and stressfull
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 22, 2019
a typical day is is either busy or slow. what i learned is that no matter how hard your day gets when helping customers always keep a smile on and tell then have a grate day. managements was okay.
Pros
lot of hours
Cons
your there by yourself some times
good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 8, 2019
Great place to work and you meet many nice people. Flexible with hours. Many opportunities to advance in this job. Good hours. Steady place and you stay busy all day.
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus ohioMarch 5, 2019
I work here just over a few months now and the people are friendly and the leadership takes you opinion seriously. There is room for advancement and I look to make this a career
awasome store
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OH 45601February 18, 2019
I loved working at certified because this job was fun you get to meet new friends and it has good food nice co workers and amazing customer's they are respectful in the store and they are perlight
Non-Stressful Job
Cashier and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Job is great when in college. Get to meet a lot of people and created relationships that will last a life- time. The tasks were simple and the hours were great.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Alone
Small company
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Milton, OHDecember 26, 2018
There's not much room for advancement as Certified Oil Company is a small company. I enjoyed getting to know my regular customers and building relationships with them.
Great Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 18, 2018
This is a great Company to work for, however it is a gossip little environment. Everything that happens around town everyone knows about it. That would be my down fall to this company.
Customer service
Customer Sevice (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2018
The money is low but should be more for experience. Need to think of there employees more. Need to make it fun for the employees in some way. Have a suggestion box for employees
Cons
Bad district managers, dont care
quickpaced work with great people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ravenswood, WVOctober 9, 2018
hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers.
management is great at helping you catch on quickly and being patient until you learn the ropes.
Great atmosphere but weak pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHOctober 8, 2018
The company and attitude of the company is fantastic, my specific manager was great, the store support center was always there to help. Downsides - you are underpaid, upper management expects too much from you and they never talk with one another so you will get one message from one department and a completely different message from your DM or RM.
The owner is a fantastic guy, however. He's so laid back you won't know he's the boss unless someone tells you who he is and he actually cares about what your issues and problems are.
Pros
Owner is great, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, middle management is touch and go.
attendant
Operator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Clean work investment, great staff, fun place to work, the many people that u see or talk with are great. The only horrible part is counting ciggs because if you miss one you have to start again grrr.
Pros
fun
Cons
ciggs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Certified Oil. Our community is ready to answer.