Certified Power Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Company in transition
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 24, 2017
Transition into what, I do not know and the communication is vague and sparse. We did not receive a pay increase in 2016 and only an avg increase of 1%-1.5% across the board with no performance feedback.
nice work place fast paced in shipping
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIFebruary 10, 2016
Pick parts all day packed and boxed up used my computer to label&weigh for ups ,fed ex,
I learned how to use the computer for ups global fed ex learned how to unload trucks count merchandise put in systems,
manager was helpful got along great,
Great co-workers,
lifting and carrying 75 to 80 pound parts,
having my own work area organized my way .
Pros
The hours were consistant which was nice and the truck drivers were good people to work with.
Cons
I end of the month because you had to stay till everything was shipped for the month, but that's how shipping & receiving works.
Good place to work overall
CNC Operator/Quality Technition (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, WISeptember 10, 2015
the company was a good place to work overall, until one day they let me go because they got slow, they did not give any notice, they let me work the whole day thinking everything was ok, and they just let me go at the end with no notice whatsoever..
na
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILNovember 4, 2014
Specializing in fluid and hydraulics, distribution and assembly position.
Engineering is not a professional organization
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ilSeptember 21, 2014
I worked in Engineering at Certified Power for 14 months. I have had worse jobs, but this was close. The building is cold, drafty and noisy. The offices are junk. Overtime is mandatory. There is little understanding of what an embedded software engineer does for a living. If a project is late due to a management miscalculation, it is not uncommon for an engineer to be blamed. I cannot say that I was poorly treated. They said that they would treat me better. However, it never happened. I saw engineers that performed miracles receive very ordinary reviews.

Certified Power hires only two types of engineers: fresh outs and refugees from hard times. There is a paycheck. Don't leave a regular gig to go there. And if do go there, keep looking. And don't spend any of your career years there.

From the moment that I walked in the door, I always felt like a contractor in name only. I was right.

Insurance is poor, The vacation policy is arbitrary, to put it kindly. The 401k is literally the worst that I have ever seen. Middle management is constantly back biting, protecting turf, and not working as a team.
Pros
There is a paycheck. I believe that upper management actually does care.
Cons
They have been purchased yet again and loaded down with debt
my way or highway managment style
Hydraulic mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJuly 15, 2014
This could be a much better company if they would update their time studies and listen to other peoples ideas and give those ideas an honest evaluation. typical day consisted of the assembly of products for the snow removal industry. The people I worked with are all good people, just trying to make a living. I enjoyed their company and I believe they have a good opinion of me. Nothing really hard but sometimes tedious. the most enjoyable part of the job for me was finishing a project.
Pros
Occassional BBQ
Cons
Unwilling to promoat from within
A fun working company with a lot of motivated employees who were driving to succeed.
CNC Machine Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIApril 30, 2014
A fun, fast-paced environment with a lot of different drivelive jobs. There was never a dull moment working here.
Great place for training and competetive with wages
C.N.C. Programmer/ Machinist (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIFebruary 19, 2014
I started as an operator, and with my skills and memory and the willingness to learn, I advanced quickly to programmer/set up machinist to Supervisor. My co workers are helpful and friendly. A typical day is to punch in and check the schedule to see which cell you're working in. A cell consists of two lathes and one vertical mill. The hardest part of my job is not having the control I used to. The most enjoyable part of the job is machining a functioning working component from a rough forging or bar stock.
Pros
Flexible with hours and much overtime
Cons
No pre-known tangible reward for obtaining your goal during reviews