Cetera Financial Group Employee Reviews

Overall, it's a really good place to work. I would recommend Cetera.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 26, 2019
• Great variety of work assignments
• Weekly One on one meeting with your reporting manager
• Flexible work hours
• Great learning opportunities, tools and resources
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
work/life balance could be better
Fast paced
Billing and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 18, 2018
The position was very demanding and stressful. It takes a toll on you after about your first month. I learned a lot and had a great experience. I was exposed to many teams and enjoyed working alongside many people across various departments of the company.
Average workplace
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 7, 2018
Management did not understand work-life balance - unless you were a favorite of theirs. Raises & bonuses were discriminatory. Heavy workloads were typical and OT was virtually mandatory.
Pros
OT pay
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism
Lack of training
Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 20, 2018
Having a banking background did not help with employment at Cetera. The culture and languages are completely different from banking. The resource center was structured more like a trading floor or a call center of financial advisers. The training was skeletal and lacked structure.
Pros
Holidays and weekends off and flexible hours
Cons
training
Senior Transition Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2018
Good place to work. Opportunity to move across departments if you are interested. They also will encourage you to get licensed for future opportunities.
It's ok
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2018
I don't know how long this firm will be in business. there have been many ups and downs in the last few years, and the future is uncertain for this firm.
I love my job
Senior Conference Planner (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 14, 2018
I am continually challenged and encouraged to go above and beyond what's expected which is how I like to operate. My clients are appreciative and eager to participate in our events.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Unable to take vacation due to schedule
Pleasent nice coworkers
Storage/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 13, 2018
Everyone I work around is pleasant to work with

I like my work hours as I come in early and avoid the traffice

I can work from home when needing to care of personal matters.
Pros
work hours help to avoid traffic
Awesome company to work for. Great benefits/compensation.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
A great, flexible diversified company with many options for advancement. Always giving back to the community and offering advancement for its employees as well.
Very nice company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 2, 2018
Its too long i have worked for them but they were a good organisation to work with and are collaborative , well planned and employee ,very very nice .
Productive and fun place to work
HR SYSTEMS & OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 27, 2018
You have to be ready to roll up your sleeves to work at Cetera Financial. It is fast paced and there could be multiple projects-initiatives going on at once. You have to learn the culture and how to navigate through the network of the different department to get the right support.
It was ok
Help desk Application support (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Very Old School, most people aren't challenged to grow, little growth for advancement, company supports old (senior citizen) advisors who are not very tech savvy. Industry is changing and the whole business model of financial advisors giving advice will be displaced with online tools that are accurate and much simpler to use.
Pros
stability
Cons
5 years behind on technology.
Employees are very helpful
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Cetera Financial had very helpful employees that answered all of my questions and helped me understand the work by training me for a whole week before they were scheduled to resign for the following week. By the end of my training we entered weekly virtual classes with our manager on how to better work the system and each week we took a step forward in clearing out more complex accounts that were red flagged for various reasons.
Pros
Flexible lunch breaks.
Cons
Wasn't working there long enough to receive any benefits.
Productive and fun with plenty of opportunities
Facilities Coordinator / Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Great Job! I learned a lot from Cetera Financial Group. The people and management made it easy for employees to perform duties. Great opportunities!!
Pros
Great pay and benefits
My co-workers are great.
Work Flow Coordinator/Operations Assitant (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 6, 2018
I love my co-workers but communications within the organizations is sorely lacking as far as a lot of work processes. High turnover of management/supervisors which makes getting used to new supervision styles hard to deal with; i.e. micromanagement of daily work and supervisors who do not have any idea of the detail of the work we do.
The hardest part of the job would be maintaining returned mail within the timelines demanded by management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Desktop Support Technician (Level II) (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 26, 2018
I am not an employee of Cetera so, therefore, I cant come up with anything. I will, therefore, like to recommend Cetera to a friend as one of the best company in Saint cloud to work for.
Good employer
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Learned a lot of great experience. Great company with good benefits. Team building and able to work independently. I grew with the company over the years I worked there.
Flexible and Casual Work Environment.
Equity Trader (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Work typical hours of 8-4:30 in most positions.
I learned a TON on financial markets, how different investment vehicles work, and the operational side of things as well.
Each one of my supervisors was great. The best ones I have had in my working career.
Almost an unreasonable amount of PTO as I found myself taking days of just to prevent the losing of the hours I accumulated and still carried over the maximum of 40 per year.
Pros
Pto, Casual Dress, Good Supervisors/Leaders
Cons
Most jobs are operational and thus require a ton of time on the phones.
Can be faced pace. Management decisions seemed misguided.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 30, 2017
Good people and the pay is good but some decisions at the highest levels seemed half baked sometimes. There is a culture shift with the new executive changes but may be slow to trickle down.
Pros
Good people and pay
Cons
Chaotic
Impressions
Purchases & Sales Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 17, 2017
Overall very good management, good coworkers. I was a temporary worker and the assignment turned out to not fit my skills (worked in the trade room, which is very fast paced and ultra precision environment, not a good for me).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cetera Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.