Cetera Financial Group Employee Reviews

I love my job
Senior Conference Planner (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 14, 2018
I am continually challenged and encouraged to go above and beyond what's expected which is how I like to operate. My clients are appreciative and eager to participate in our events.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Unable to take vacation due to schedule
Pleasent nice coworkers
Storage/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 13, 2018
Everyone I work around is pleasant to work with

I like my work hours as I come in early and avoid the traffice

I can work from home when needing to care of personal matters.
Pros
work hours help to avoid traffic
Very nice company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 2, 2018
Its too long i have worked for them but they were a good organisation to work with and are collaborative , well planned and employee ,very very nice .
Productive and fun place to work
HR SYSTEMS & OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 27, 2018
You have to be ready to roll up your sleeves to work at Cetera Financial. It is fast paced and there could be multiple projects-initiatives going on at once. You have to learn the culture and how to navigate through the network of the different department to get the right support.
It was ok
Help desk Application support (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Very Old School, most people aren't challenged to grow, little growth for advancement, company supports old (senior citizen) advisors who are not very tech savvy. Industry is changing and the whole business model of financial advisors giving advice will be displaced with online tools that are accurate and much simpler to use.
Pros
stability
Cons
5 years behind on technology.
Employees are very helpful
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Cetera Financial had very helpful employees that answered all of my questions and helped me understand the work by training me for a whole week before they were scheduled to resign for the following week. By the end of my training we entered weekly virtual classes with our manager on how to better work the system and each week we took a step forward in clearing out more complex accounts that were red flagged for various reasons.
Pros
Flexible lunch breaks.
Cons
Wasn't working there long enough to receive any benefits.
Productive and fun with plenty of opportunities
Facilities Coordinator / Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Great Job! I learned a lot from Cetera Financial Group. The people and management made it easy for employees to perform duties. Great opportunities!!
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Desktop Support Technician (Level II) (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 26, 2018
I am not an employee of Cetera so, therefore, I cant come up with anything. I will, therefore, like to recommend Cetera to a friend as one of the best company in Saint cloud to work for.
Good employer
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Learned a lot of great experience. Great company with good benefits. Team building and able to work independently. I grew with the company over the years I worked there.
Flexible and Casual Work Environment.
Equity Trader (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Work typical hours of 8-4:30 in most positions.
I learned a TON on financial markets, how different investment vehicles work, and the operational side of things as well.
Each one of my supervisors was great. The best ones I have had in my working career.
Almost an unreasonable amount of PTO as I found myself taking days of just to prevent the losing of the hours I accumulated and still carried over the maximum of 40 per year.
Pros
Pto, Casual Dress, Good Supervisors/Leaders
Cons
Most jobs are operational and thus require a ton of time on the phones.
Can be faced pace. Management decisions seemed misguided.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 30, 2017
Good people and the pay is good but some decisions at the highest levels seemed half baked sometimes. There is a culture shift with the new executive changes but may be slow to trickle down.
Pros
Good people and pay
Cons
Chaotic
Impressions
Purchases & Sales Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 17, 2017
Overall very good management, good coworkers. I was a temporary worker and the assignment turned out to not fit my skills (worked in the trade room, which is very fast paced and ultra precision environment, not a good for me).
fast paced always busy
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 12, 2017
If you like the industry of investment banking and asset management then you will love this company. If not, then you might find it to be uninteresting.
Pros
Monthly activities, food trucks, yoga lunch breaks, book clubs, different festivities during holidays
Cons
pay is low
cetera
Commissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 2, 2017
good place to work if you are just starting off and want to figure out where you want to work within financial services. Flexible hours makes it an attractive place to work if you have kids
Knowledge provide was valuable
Operations Coordinator- New Accounts (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 26, 2017
Cetera Financial Group taught me the competition of the financial market compared to rival companies, but their lack of staffing made it difficult to operate efficiently.
Pros
Benefits were generous & work-life balance
Cons
Management was unorganized, staffing minimal, and pay was non-competitive
Depends who you work for
Account/Data Admin Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 17, 2017
Cetera is a good place to work for, but it all depends on what department. Working for an Advisor is one thing, but the home office is hit or miss. Since the ING days, they've forgotten the employee and have brought on board people from outside to manage areas where we lost our culture.
large company with small comany feel
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 12, 2017
remotely located (MN) manager, but working for her was great. came down to our area regularly to make sure things were running smoothly. They had a great structure and company was run well, except for one instance.
Pros
professionally run
Cons
commute was too long
Ce-Terrible
Manager, Accounting (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 11, 2017
I have been at Cetera for nearly four years now and finally have an offer to leave. I can say with certainty that working for Cetera has been by far the worst career decision I have ever made.

If you are looking for a one-stop guarantee to tarnish your resume and stall your career, then look no further.

Cetera's corporate strategy must be to navigate the financial services world like a clueless child, directionless and making misstep after misstep. They don't learn from the past.

Working in the accounting department has been interesting to say the least. We went without a controller for over a year and had a part time CAO (who was great when he was around). Some of the responsibilities then fell on the Finance head . The management from finance is absolutely atrocious. They spend months and months on projects always promising accounting that they are going to solve technological issues but in the end they have to run spreadsheets until 2am during every night during close. It's a joke from the outside and a nightmare from the inside.

If Cetera calls, run the other way.
Pros
Decent benefits and above average PTO
Cons
Log Hours, Incompetent senior and executive management, dead end
great working environment
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des MoinesMay 9, 2017
Great working environment and great team work. I would definitely refer to anybody. I learned a lot and had great experience. Good relationship with supervisor
Dead end straight ahead
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2017
The company as a whole was very poorly ran, their leadership skills were a joke and furthermore management was unaware of anything that was going on around them. The departments were all cliques, and everyone was fake. Worst job I ever had from a value standpoint. I would not recommend working for this particular location. Very little room for advancement. This is the most honest and accurate review you will read.
Pros
Jeans, you could ignore co-workers who annoyed you
Cons
Management was very under qualified, no advancement, dont value employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cetera Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.