Ceva Ground Employee Reviews

Could be a great place......but they need to make changes
Credit & Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2018
I worked here for over 11 years and while i loved my job and what i did, there were a lot of issues. There is no loyalty and not a real sense of team work. I'm not going to say too much more......they feel that outsourcing to India works better for them.
Pros
free gym
Cons
issues with upper management
Hard work and lots of travel but very rewarding.
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
Good company with lots of work opportunities. I am treated fairly and have a very good relationship with management and other employees / contractors.
Pros
Freedom to choose where and when I would go
Cons
Owning and maintaining a semi truck.
Quick Pace, Always busy, Managers willing to work with your schedule if need be.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 15, 2018
I am always busy throughout the day. If I ever need to change my schedule for a week, the managers are willing to work with you. Vacation time is great and you receive all benefits.
Received pay per mile driven
Owner Operated (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 24, 2017
You get from this job what you put into it.
It takes commitment and sacrifice.
I enjoyed my time with Ceva ground unfortunately my truck kept breaking down beyond my ability to repair it causing me to terminate my contract.
Ok
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2017
This place was hectic. the managers would pressure you to make the numbers, but were not sufficiently staffed.Took to long to reach top of pay range. Overall, not good.
Cons
It's a job, I get paid so I work.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work includes, scanning my badge to get through the security door and clocking in. I then walk back into my area. I grab my forklift and do a small drive through of my area to see whats going on and what freight the previous shift had come back. I then check with the guy who works the shift before me with what we have going on. After the turnover I go inside the office to see what I can expect for the day and to see which drivers are coming back for the day and what freight I can expect. Most of my day consists of cleaning the dock and unloading the drivers and trailers. Occasionally another department will need my help, so I assist.
I have learned a lot of about the logistics side of warehouse work and how to drive a forklift. As well as how to efficiently pack a trailer for country wide deliveries. Co-workers....boy oh boy the Co-Workers are a treat. They dumb you down for small mistakes that are usually accidents, they treat you like garbage, bully you, and ridicule you on how you look and what you enjoy doing in your free time. Most are very unprofessional on how they handle situations. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the unprofessional-ism that comes from the Co Workers. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is when I get appreciated for hard work. When I learn a new skill I didn't know before or when I get a vacation away from my Co-Workers. For the most part I enjoy working there. I enjoy learning new things but what discourages me the most are the way my Co-workers treat others and myself.
Pros
Learning new thing, Subway is across the street, Money
Cons
Co-workers
Loved the Company and Co Workers
Rating & Billing Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2015
I loved this company and especially the people I worked with. Billing the different airlines and working with the customers was great. Every day was something new.
Pros
The people
Cons
The traffic
decent place to work
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 16, 2015
Work/life balance. What balance? All those perks and benefits are an illusion. They keep you at work and they help you to be more productive. I've never met anybody at Google who actually time off on weekends or on vacations. You may not hear management say, "You have to work on weekends/vacations" but, they set the culture by doing so - and it inevitably trickles down. I don't know…
ok
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
Lost its identity when became part of CEVA Logistics. Focused changed too much talent lost
The Season of Change
Linehaul Coordinator / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
This company has morphed into a great beast that sometimes bit it's own tail.
Initially, this company started out as being a great place for advancement, but like other places, there is a glass ceiling.
great flexibility with minimal raises or job advancement
Lead Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 24, 2013
Ceva is a great starter job but they little or no raises at all. Very few people advance in this company. I learned: the process of inbound and outbound freight, loading, on time departure, safety auditing, time management , man power distribution. The hardest part of working at Ceva is knowing you have the intelligence and work ethics to advance but more than likely you will not advance. Co workers have great personality and we lift each other up about certain unsatisfactory work conditions.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no advancement or raises
Fast Paced, Diverse Work Enviroment
Linehaul Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2013
Typically a work day will include a lot of attention to detail to ensure on time delivery of products and complete customer satisfaction. I have personally learned many new things in the transportation and logistics field. Management has both it's strong and weak points, while sometimes frustrating the management team is geared toward improvement and success. Most everyone I work with is easy to get along with and the diverse atmosphere brings many new things to the office, and keeps it upbeat even in stressful situations. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of direction and inconsistency in leadership decisions and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people and knowing you are helping others by providing a very important service to people worldwide.
Pros
healthcare benefits, bonuses when earned/applicable, being able to help others
Cons
can be a rough and stressful work environment, inconsistency in leadership decisions and changing of polocies
fast pased demanding but yet fun
Dot driver/freight handler (Former Employee) –  groveport ohioJanuary 2, 2013
great group of people to work with alot of team effort and willingness to help one another to get job done
Pros
same duties everyday but different task kept it interesting
Cons
poor managment, say one thing do another
Productive: Making business Flow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 23, 2012
Assists with performing general support functions for client's shipments. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values. Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following work with clients to establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent their export process. Trace and track customer freight, prepare rates, provide quotes, take pick-up requests, route and book freight as needed. Notify customers of any delays in shipping and dispatching points. Maintain contact with airlines, trucking companies and agents handling freight. Proactively inform shippers and consignee(s) of problems. Provide proof of delivery. Enter shipment data in system. Run, maintain, and file reports.
Company has a gym
Customer Service Sales Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2012
I greatly enjoyed my experience as a receptionist at this company. It gave me the opportunity to meet many of the executives, build professional relationships, which I think was beneficial to my ability to promote myself within the company.
Great place to learn and become a true professional.
Operations Manager / Linehaul Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2012
Learned how to manage multiple personnel in an operational start up situation. My co-workers have made it challenging and rewarding to have been employed there.