CFD International Employee Reviews

Great culture with freedom to think outside of the box
HR (Current Employee) –  Princeton, TXDecember 1, 2017
Management likes people who have the ability to take something and run with it without having to hold their hand the whole way. While this can be intimidating at first, it is really freeing to be able to apply yourself and rely on your own ability.

The culture here is great, and people are friendly. When there is a deadline that must be met, everyone comes together and works hard to make sure we deliver on our promises to our customers.

Opportunities to gain experience in many different areas are very common and quite surprising given the size of the company. This has been the most enjoyable part of the job for me.

The hardest part of the job is having to wear many different hats, and to switch between subjects multiple times a day. It keeps you on your toes though!
Pros
Lunch provided, no traffic, friendly people
Cons
Lots of government regulations to follow
Challenging and rewarding work.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  EngineeringAugust 24, 2015
A typical workday in Engineering involves anything from designing gun mounts to writing technical documents to answering product support questions. Management and coworkers are supportive and accommodating when it comes to communication and assistance in solving problems.
Pros
Challenging, rewarding, great co-workers
Cons
Sometimes calls for long hours to complete a project
Challenging and never gets boring
Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, TXAugust 5, 2015
This is a great place to work. The company cares deeply about team members and customers. Competitive pay and awesome benefits. The work is stimulating, and there are always new challenges and opportunities even after 12 years. Everyone works hard to impress our customers.
Pros
Interesting work, good pay/benefits, short commute/no traffic
Cons
Government customers are bureaucratic and their budgets are cyclical
A Good Place to Work
IT (Current Employee) –  Princeton, TXJuly 31, 2015
Not a place for slackers. Everybody works hard and we all have important work to do. We take pride in the work we do here and the people in the field that it supports. Environment is small enough that everybody knows everybody and you feel like part of the extended team.

There are a lot of long timers here (several with 10+ yrs that I can think of offhand) and that tends to say a lot about the place. For those that don't fit in or are not very productive, it will be clear within the first few months and management does not keep them around to weigh down or disrupt the rest of the team. Better to start over and find the right contributors to keep up morale with the overall group.

It is in a rural environment, which makes the commute nice by getting to avoid the freeways, but going out for lunch is more of a challenge since Mickey D's isn't right around the corner. To make up for the latter, they have free lunch stuff onsite.

There is an ebb and flow to the business, so there are some busy periods with lots of OT along with normal and slow ones. Benefits are good. EOY holiday shutdowns are nice.
Pros
Free lunch/refreshments onsite, quiet commute, decent benefits, holiday shutdown
Cons
Smaller size and long term employees limits upward opportunities
Busy, productive and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, TXJuly 31, 2015
CFD is an excellent place to work. Employees are friendly and fun to work with.

Typical day starts at 8am and ends at 6pm.

I have learned various management techniques and skills directly related to my job via on the job training and via workshops or online training.

The hardest part of the job is that it is hectic sometimes. I have to really focus to stay on top of things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is hectic sometimes... I don't get bored, and there is always a variety of things to do.
Pros
Paid Insurance and Lunches
Cons
Only con (for some people) is long hours.
Work you to the bone
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, TXAugust 27, 2014
The company made severe cuts to the point that my department consisted of myself alone. The stress and amount of work increased while my resources dwindled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CFD International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4