CGB Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMay 18, 2018
CGB is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed being part of the team there. The job was sometimes challenging, but we all worked together to figure out the problems and succeeded together.
Great Company, Great People
DCIS Employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 7, 2018
I work for the DCIS division (crop insurance) of CGB Enterprise.

CGB/DCIS is a great company and the people are great to work with in this growing company.

Here is a few items worth noting about our company:
- When I first started, training for the your position was not great, but now they truly have a great training program and still is improving.

- They hate to see good employees going away. If you are a good employee, but you are unhappy in your position, they will work with you on the right fit. They want to keep talented people.

- Senior Leadership has a great vision and are always open to hear ideas no matter where they come from. This is a main driver in the great work culture that has been cultivated for our company. Even though we have grown from a small company to one of the top 4 crop insurance companies in the US, the culture still has a feel of the small company.

One of the greatest benefits of working here, is the people you get to work with.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility
Fun place to work, but can always be stressful at time...
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Smithshire, ILMay 2, 2018
I'm not sure I have ever liked a job as much as I do here, the people is what makes this job. There will always be stressful days, but when you work around a great group of people, that always makes those days a little better. The benefits are great, the pay could be better. The toughest part of the job is the long hours during harvest, but that's to be expected.
Pros
Work family, benefits
Cons
Long hours during harvest
Team work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2018
CGB, has great medical benefits and quite possibly the best 401K that exists. I enjoy my job as the employees do a great job working as a team. We have fun and joke around, but still get our job completed. The environment at the facilities is dusty and dirty but the people are great to work with and knowing I can help farmers on a daily basis is rewarding. Harvest time is tough long hours but that is the nature of this business. The company is growing which is exciting.
Pros
Good Hours for my role. Great Benefits. Great 401K. Flexible Boss.
Cons
Career Advancement is certainly available, but it helps if you are able to relocate and not everyone can do that.
Amazing benefits and culture
CGB-DS employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 1, 2018
Good healthcare benefits. Fantastic 401k match. I enjoy coming to work every day. The best part of the job is the culture--my part of the company strives to keep a "mom and pop" vibe even as we grow.
Pros
Benefits, culture
Love Working for CGB
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 27, 2018
I typically only stay with a company for about 2 years then move on to bigger and better things. With CGB I am a lifer!! I plan on staying here until retirement.
I have the freedom to learn new things, the pay is comparable to other businesses in this area, and the benefits are the best I have ever had.

Management is supportive and encourages training while on the job as well as offsite training. CGB is very family oriented and cares about its employees. For example, when my mother passed away, CGB sent a heavenly ham meal to feed at least 15 people to my mom’s house while I was in Iowa. I have never heard of a company that cares for its employees on such a personal level..

For those of you who have given CGB poor reviews, maybe it was the job you were doing and not the company as a whole. I love what I do and CGB. I am looking forward to many more years with CGB.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Culture
Just What I Needed
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 27, 2018
At CGB you can tell employees are valued and company culture is important. I like that you are encouraged to learn as much as you can and to help your department and the company grow. The company is huge and offers opportunities for advancement in an environment that's fast-paced and always changing. Benefits are great, too. It's great to come to work everyday and enjoy it.
Nepotism is everywhere
Payroll HR Staff (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAApril 20, 2018
Terrible management, lack of advancement especially for female staff, Shrinking bonus program except for Sr Management. Loves to hire more manager and less support staff. Stressful environment. High turnover.
Pros
Good 401K
Cons
Salary structure low with promises of bonuses.
Im really good with peolpe and I'm a very productive person and I learn really really quick and I Stay Focus
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  Cresent okApril 2, 2018
The company was great I did a lot of things not to learn how to ride big tractors and work big machines and climb high and low I got to weigh bags of seeds clean the seeds cut the seeds it was really fun I learned stuff at that job that I can use on an everyday basis.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Do yourself a favor and skip this job.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 10, 2018
The best part of the job is leaving for the day.
Work culture is a nightmare including long term employees with zero talent & little to do. They have plenty of time for on-line shopping and surfing the net. This is NEVER checked. HUGE turnover.
Pros
Employees have benefits.
Cons
Hamster in a wheel type jobs.
Not paid enough and expect you to work any hours.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 17, 2018
The company is not bad but they hire kids with degrees right out of school and make them supervisors. It makes for a bad combination. They lack leadership and people skills. For instance, the supervisor at the Enid elevator has a god complex, listens to nobody and his idea of making people work is to belittle them and threaten there jobs on a daily basis.
If you do decide to apply here, watch out for yourself and watch your back. The supervisors will throw you under the bus to save there own skin.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad supervisors
The people were really fun to work with.
Seasonal Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARDecember 26, 2017
The day starts with pre-shift meeting about the day's plan and safety then you get to your stations. The agriculture industry is one of those industries where growing up on a farm guarantees you a spot anywhere you go and if you're not but you get a job in it then you're pretty much going nowhere.
Pros
The hours during harvest
Cons
The hours during harvest
competive work place,but peple are rude
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, ILDecember 18, 2017
Unloading grain into silo.Loading grain into buildings,Using 90 belt to load grain from trucks into buildings.cleaning excess grain from grounds.Using hand tools to put air venting pipe together.
Pros
the food provided for lunch
Cons
rude people, long hrs, low pay.
Terrible management!
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 20, 2017
Poor management. They take kids from college and throw them into a supervisor position with them not having much job experience. Their supervisors are young and dumb, don't know how to talk to people and when they do talk to people, they usually have attitude. They want to talk to you like you are a dog and you just take it. Not how it works, kiddos. Great benefits and pay but it's not worth getting walked on over. Even the big wigs are shady, everyone in the offices are shady. You try and tell them about their supervisors and they just stare at the floor. Management sucks something fierce.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management and trainees
Great location and benefits, horrible management and culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 14, 2017
Corporate office managers are detached and unaware on a good day and rude and mean spirited on their worse days. If you go to work to just get a check and work environment isn't a priority, it's bearable. Otherwise, keep looking.
Busy during harvest
SCALE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Perryton, TXOctober 25, 2017
Great balanced work/life until harvest times when everything seems to be happening at once, but you do get paid well for overtime. It's not too big of a company too, which is nice.
Nepotism
Grain Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2017
The corporate level of this company is white male influecened. Any person out of that circle prepare to be placed on the back burner. I would not recommend this company because if you don't know someone in the upper rank or have a connection outside of work you won't get far. Be advised.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Nepotism and Racial discrimination
Not a good company
Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARAugust 24, 2017
There is no work/life balance. You know nothing until the very last minute and hours are never set. Grain isn't a good field to work in, especially at CGB. No advancement unless you know somebody or are family, opportunities are not passed around evenly.
Benefits
Cons
No work/life balance
Incredible benefits and little bureaucracy
Director (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 14, 2017
The far majority of the people at CGB are really down to earth, good people. The senior management is highly approachable and open to suggestions.

Due to the nature of the agriculture industry, the people who work at the elevators, do a lot overtime during harvest. I work at the corporate office. The parking lot isn't full until 8:15am and clears out pretty quickly at 5:00. I often work late and there are just a few others here.

The company has grown a lot in the last five years and continues to acquire new businesses. They are doing a lot of the right things to transition from a medium to large sized company.
Pros
Best 401K Company contribution ever
Cons
A bit behind in technology investment
A very effective grain facility running efficient and safe environment
CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR, MAINT TECH II (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARAugust 10, 2017
Is a great work environment and safe work environment and keeps good benefits like insurance and 401k dedicated facility to their employees and the customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGB Enterprises Inc. Our community is ready to answer.