CGB Enterprises Inc
60Average

CGB Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

The people were very helpful to help you climb the ladder, leaders were good there, employees were awesome. But don’t think that you matter cause I sure i didn’t, You will work a lot of hours and give them your all but when there done with you they will just pitch you out like trash and not really keep the employees that really do take the job serious and really loved the company that they worked for and even tho your there everyday and show em that this is what you want to do with a career, it doesn’t matter.They treated me well but a few mistakes and I was out the door. No write ups, no other ways to punish an employee like most companies would do, it’s automatic dismissal crazy!!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
They don’t cut you no slack
Its a good environment to learn different aspects of the industry. Hard work during harvest time, but some what easier off harvest. Learning all job roles, may provide pay increase but also more labor and responsibilities. Sometimes short staffed, may have to travel to other locations to fill in where needed. Advancement to management is not easy where college grads get picked over long term knowledgeable employees. Morale is different from location to location... some locations are cheerful and other locations are depressed attitudes. The atmosphere is not for everybody.
Pros
Steady work flow
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Overall, this company was great to work for. Management was smart, helpful, and responsive. The benefits are great and the training is a great thing. My only complaint is that the pay was lacking and you spend LOTS of time there during harvest. I worked over 80 hrs per week at one point.
Pros
Benefits, Management
Cons
Pay
Worked there for a few months busy work thought not terrible people were ok to be around early start to day though dont get attached ita only temporarily
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Stay away from this place because it’s all about the people above you. They don’t care about the employees. Do not apply there unless you are desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
Way to much work, grief, and no pay.
Loved the job. Loved the farmers. Office staff snobbish and looked down on other people. Scalehouse was awesome and love my boss in there. Decent pay.
The work/life balance is horrible. Very inconsistent with working hours. Want you to work 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day. Quantity over safety. Raises are very few and far between.
Pros
My manager is Family friendly and understanding
Cons
Work life balance. Inconsistent. Hours.
From day one there was no since of structure or wanting to help. No training was offered, and when I say no training, I mean NO training. From the Division Manager, no the Division President on down there is no structure. They had no handbooks about the company, no-one who could/would show you how to use their archaic software system and my personal lap top was not set up. Apparently they were being forced to expand and this was their resistance to their parent company. They have done the same thing for 40 years and have no desire to expand or update or ever become a competitive factor in the freight brokerage market.. BTW.. I have over 28 years successful years in the trucking industry, as a comparison.
Pros
Nice Modern Office
Cons
No support at all inside the brokerage division.
Such great people and work with a purpose! Your contributions matter and your voice is heard. You have many opportunities to learn and grow. Management is supportive.
There was no work/life balance at CGB, it was all work and no time for your life. I was salaried and expected to work 12+hrs a day 6-7days a week and you were made to feel guilty when you finally ldid eave to go home, so you could get a couple of hours of sleep before having to go back to this h3ll.
Pros
None that I saw
Cons
The Culture at CGB was amazing but they refused to spend money to fix mechanical breakdowns. Management was handcuffed by corporate and all their safety programs, which were good ideas in theory, but did not mesh well with the operations workplace.
I worked here 6 years the management cares nothing about the employees just production they fire you for anything the management has a buddy group that they Reward and exempt from rules bargemen and river operations don’t get breaks there is always forced overtime and they took away every bonus
I loved working for CG&B my co-workers are the best! We all work as a team. I loved the 4 days 10 hour work week. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Busy work daily to keep facility intact. Management is pretty good, always room for improvement. Hardest part is sometimes having to exert a lot of energy on tasks sometimes. Teach use of machinery/equipment.
Great place to work just feel like you don't get paid quite as much as someone should for the different jobs you do there. team leaders are great and management works with you with family days.
I loved the job, until the unexpected came around, it was constantly 12 to 16 hours I was not able to have a life outside this job. We never had a schedule and was always texted the night before what time we were to come in at, they definitely need to figure out the schedule...
Pros
Lots of work to be done, always kept busy
Cons
no life outside of work, no expected days off
They let me go for no reason. Treat you bad, dangerous work conditions, coworkers are terrible, horrible management, expect you to be constantly moving
Cons
They could put more money in the laborers pockets and less in the safety program. You can only preach safery so much till its going in one ear and out the other. There should be more incentive to operate safely like safety bonuses instead of threatening write ups and termination.
First manager was a pleasure to work for, then he moved on due to dissatisfaction with upper management. New Manager took over and replaced all the long time employees with those of his choosing.
The job was very hands on but the people around were always willing to assist. No man was ever left behind due to the high risk of danger. I would say this is good place to work
Overall the work here isn't hard. There are ebs and flows. If your willing to do work this is a great place. Nothing is hard, you just have to pace yourself.
Pros
Choice of lunche time, easier work
Cons
A little dirty