CGB Enterprises Inc Employee Reviews

Good company to work
Manager of Supply, Logistics and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 19, 2019
I enjoyed working at CGB. Every company has good and bad, however the goods definitely outweigh the bad. I got to learn a lot about commodities and interact with several interacting divisional companies.
I love the job and am always learning more just need to advance financially
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hennepin, ILJuly 30, 2019
The work at cgb is always challenging and a learning experience, Long days and long hours are to be expected with working in the grain elevator, We have recently had several changes in supervisors and management they are learning and eager to try and help I have learned several things and am always willing to learn more to benefit myself and the company i am working for like the challenges andever changing pace and sense of urgency that is needed
Pros
family like environment, learning and challenge of new task daily
Cons
pay
Managers do care
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJuly 22, 2019
This company strives for the right environment for everyone. Advancement is more likely if you are willing to travel extensively. Work life balance does not exist when it's time for harvest.
No work life balance
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 13, 2019
Lower pay than competitors, work life balance is draining with 60+ hours per week being normal, up to 84 during harvest. Rough work conditions in a dirty environment will lead to long term health issues including hearing loss and a bad back.
LOTS of personal and professional development
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2019
very laid back atmosphere, with high expectations for performance. people that work here are very understanding and willing to help. plenty of flexibility for personal life
Poor management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 5, 2019
They get kids straight out of college and put them in a management position don't think they worked a day in life. Treat you like dogs never give you a break they will throw you a sandwich once in a while and expect you to work while you're eating. Many trains on off hours expect you to answer your phone when you are needed for a train might be 2 a.m. in the morning it'll be like a texting game sometimes you get there and you have to wait for maybe another hour or two before you even load. Not a very enjoyable place to work I would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Cons
No brakes
Review on CGB
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, OKMay 23, 2019
This company is a fun and relaxed work environment to work in. I recommend working for this company if possible. The hours are long at times but for the most part it is an easy job to have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
Good place to gain experience
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2019
I enjoy my time with the company. It is my first 'big kid' job and I've learned a lot about working in an office and team work.

The only issue is that the company is horrible with being honest and transparent with the employees. Whether it's new people coming in or others leaving - no one is updated on that information. Communication is off and that's the biggest downfall of working for CGB.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
poor management, little to no transparency
Deck hand
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOMay 14, 2019
Inwas a deck hand on board. I loaded barges and stayed on the river for lots of nights. It was pretty cool to work for consolidated grain & barge. Great people.
Great Benefits and Great Industry
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 12, 2019
I enjoy the industry that I am in and the job that I do. I work with a great team that is always willing to help each other when needed. My work life balance is great! The organization provides really good training. We have the resources available if we need something. We can contact upper management like the regional team anytime on their cell phone if we need something.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, Culture, people
Cons
Promotional Opportunities for my particular role is limited due to size of company
Young managers that don't seem to care
Scale Operator/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, ILApril 9, 2019
I worked for a young manager who didn't care about his employees or their health. Being an expectant mother I was asked to do things I was restricted from doing via a medical professional like clean grain bins out and work with chemicals. Also outside help does not get maternity leave. I was allowed 8 days off after having my child since I had not worked for the company 1 year before giving birth. The company as a whole is very safety oriented but that particular manager was not.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Terrible management that needs more training.
Management is the worst
Laborer Foreman (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ilApril 3, 2019
While I worked there during harvest plan on living there, don't expect any help from the bosses.
Several days we worked 24 hour days, but that stopped when one of the idiot managers got hurt.
That only stopped because the corporate safety guys showed up.
Anything happens it's the hourly people that get the shaft.
Plan on being sick all the time between the dust and being outside rain or shine.
Pros
It paid the bills
Cons
Management will throw you under the bus if anything goes wrong, even if they told you to do it.
Nice co-worker
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Scott City, MOFebruary 20, 2019
Nice co-worker long hours hard job hot in the summer cold in the winter sometimes stressful regular old job pay not the greatest but not horrible. Would recommend
Pros
Alot of hours
Cons
Alot of hours
Awesome place to work
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INFebruary 5, 2019
Learned a lot about Occupational Health and Safety.The management is great, and there are plenty of opportunities. I look forward to keeping in touch with this company in the future.
Pros
management
not a bad place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Nice place to work really. Good safety plan good pay and benefits. Management does listen to all problems and will address swiftly. Over all great place to start out.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
atmosphere
Very good company to work for if you want good benefits
Grain Elevator Operator (Current Employee) –  Billings, OKJanuary 24, 2019
Management doesn’t know what they are doing and have people in management that shouldn’t be there. Been told I would get numerous raises and haven’t seen it yet. At first it was a great company then they changed stuff around in bosses and went down hill.
Pros
Good insurance and 401k
Cons
Won’t buy anything you need. No raises. Our location gets all the trash equipment.
Good, solid company
Operations Manager and Grain Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 10, 2019
Worked as a Operations Manager for the trucking division.
Responsible revenue projections, job bidding and contracts
Sales and customer service

As a Grain Merchandiser, I monitored the grain markets and prices.
Worked with local farmers to purchase grain and discuss pricing, projections and needs for coming crop year.
Sales and farm visits
Pros
Challenge, management, customers
Great for stability
Automated Testing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LADecember 28, 2018
This company is rock solid, and its leadership works very hard to maintain a balance of growth and stability. The work life balance is exceptional. No long hours.
prepare to sign over your life
Probe operator (Current Employee) –  Utica, IL 61373December 3, 2018
Overall I loved my job, but with new operating system and staffing changes my job became more than I was capable of dealing with on a daily basis. Do not regret this job at all I just couldn't handle the stress anymore
friendly work inviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wayne City, ILDecember 1, 2018
when I did work at CGB it was a great experience, but at the time management was not good at all. although I don't work there now, I did get to talk to the new manager and he was very respectful. if you enjoy the out doors this is the place for you as well as it was for me I would love to be back there if the opportunity came back.
Pros
advancements
Cons
weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGB Enterprises Inc. Our community is ready to answer.