CH2M Employee Reviews

Decent company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 19, 2018
Pay OK for the job. Tons of paperwork even for the rank and file. New programs rolled out requiring complete rework of all paperwork. Most of the time it was just a change in the name or acronym of the program.

On call response did interfer with life. Good people to work with.
Pros
steady work
Cons
call outs
Quit do to change of job description
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 15, 2018
I quit my position at CH2M Hill due to my supervisor changing my job description to make it a requirement for me to have to enter a confined space knowing I'm claustrophobic.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
poor management
Not sure
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 11, 2018
I really don't have much to say about working here because I don't remember much about it. We are getting pretty far back into my past careers. I wish I could help more.
Great working environment with jigsaw puzzles in break rooms, fitness center. Employees had some teleworking days
IT Support & Operations Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 10, 2018
I work for CH for almost 15 years. I enjoyed my job very much and also enjoyed my coworkers. Unfortunately, CH was acquired by Jacobs Engineering in December and change was inevitable.
Pros
CH really did care about it's employees
Cons
Not enough opportunity for advancement in some positions
Professional Atmosphere
Mechanical Engineer 5 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work, professional people and management. Safe work environment lead to a happy workplace and a calming, productive team. Some travel, which was always enjoyable.
Good starting place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2018
Challenging work environment for accounting regulated heavily per Federal guidelines. Most co workers were good. Upper management did not share important info and had many changes making more challenges
expensive and risk averse
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
Company has lots of resources but tends to overload with management personnel on projects, dropped their construction arm and failed at some key alternate delivery projects
Pros
company culture, resources
Cons
lack added value for top dollar
Lack of decision making, no communication
Chemical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 20, 2018
Co workers were friendly as was immediate supervisor. Too many stop work issues preventing progress. No job security, always having lay offs. Safe work conditions.
Pros
Excellent wages, safe environment
Cons
No communication between upper management and workers, lack of decision making
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  EvendaleAugust 19, 2018
It all about the company they don’t care about the employees . The company cares only about making money and does care about there employees. You can work until your 62 and have worked there almost 20 years and they will let you go and keep someone who has been there a year just so they not have to pay them as much . NO Loyalty on the company part at all
Pros
Good pay while you work there
Cons
Never know when job will end
Face paced
Senior Project/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
I had the opportunity to work on a lot of interesting projects during my 17 years there. I worked with a lot of great people, good benefits and advancements.
Pros
Good interesting projects
Sr. Taleo/HRIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Good Place to work. I leveraged my skills with my client. Learned a lot from there. Got a chance to learn and explore technologies of Taleo TCC, Onboarding etc.
Unstable
AP Supervisor - AP/IT Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 10, 2018
Company very unstable, outsourced to countries outside of U.S. putting hundreds of employees out of work. Management would overlook issues and never address. Company recently bought out by another engineering company - more lay offs.
Pros
Peers
Cons
everything else
Good Place to work
Facilities Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Good company to work for. It pays the bills. The staff there are friendly and cooperate with each other. It is a predominately engineering and architectural environment.
Great Place!
War Reserve Material (WRM) Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2018
I worked at Ch2M Hill for 2 years. I really enjoyed my time with the company and they really provide tools for you to grow. I highly recommended for anyone to apply.
Great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2018
Great people customers worker bosses leaders chief executive vice presidents location culture lunch room work balanced with life needs education assistance
Excellent work place
QQ/QC Manager, Superintendent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
I've worked with this company via 3 buyouts for over 20 years now and never lost a days pay. If you do you job and do it well you are recognized by upper management.
It's been a great ride:
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 20, 2018
I have always enjoyed working for CH2M, we had great management, crew, customers and working relationships based upon great ideas with project delivery excellence. Now that we have been bought, all the people that made the company work at it's best are now gone.
Pros
the people I currently work with
Cons
Private to public company
Still have PTSD from this company
Waste Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 14, 2018
i was bullied and harassed everyday . The boss and his minions would even get my lunch out of the trash to criticize it. I was made to do unsafe task and made to fear an HR report which did come back as retaliation. I was singled out and made to work a shift so “ no one would have to look at me “ I hated going to work nearly every shift.
Pros
Cons
The fact they are still in business well “ Jacobs”
Great job working with an Awesome Crew
Utility maintenance (Current Employee) –  Gsllip,NMJune 8, 2018
Over all one of the best Company I've worked for. No Complaints here.Was treated fair always, ask for my input on certain items,always on time,enjoy the in house training
Pros
Get company stuff
Cons
Cant get all necessary materials or dupplys sometimes
Current Employeer
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJune 4, 2018
CH was a fantastic place to work. Employee owned company. Great work-life balance, all opinions respected. Great place for team work. Then we were bought. We shall see
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
bought

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss