CH2M Employee Reviews

loved it.
General Maintenance Technician, CUI Group (Former Employee) –  NothslopeNovember 9, 2018
excellent place to work. I don't think I am applying for a job at CH2MHILL, I love everything about working for that company. They took very good care of us. All companies should learn from this company.
Bad Management in This Position
Senior TAR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKNovember 7, 2018
This was an administrative/remote position on Alaska's North Slope. My management team gave me only 2 weeks to learn my new position. I was unsuccessful and was terminated.
Pros
Opportunity to experience truly bad management
Cons
Short tenure
Multiple career opportunities
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GAOctober 26, 2018
Great career opportunities throughout the world. Company is willing to train you for your job and for career advancement by helping you obtain licences after completing the curriculum of course. Plenty of paid time off, 401k plan, insurance including dental and vision. Plenty of positions available from intern to executive.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2018
Learned a lot about maintenance work there. Management was okay, the client was hard to work for though. I left there due to another company taking the contract.
great company
treatment plant shift operator (Former Employee) –  northern californiaSeptember 27, 2018
This is a fast growing company that will, design, build, and operate your treatment facility. I had the great pleasure of working with the operations and construction staff while commissioning one of their new facilities in northern California. Great bunch of people.
Pros
many perks
Lots of Opportunity for Advancement
PM (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2018
Lots of opportunity for advancement and acquisition of valuable skills, but only at extreme sacrifice. Although work life balance is touted as a company value, it is not actually endorsed through practice. You will do best as a single young person, willing to work long hours and willing to travel anywhere, anytime, with little to no notice.
Pros
Supports telecommuting
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Decent company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 19, 2018
Pay OK for the job. Tons of paperwork even for the rank and file. New programs rolled out requiring complete rework of all paperwork. Most of the time it was just a change in the name or acronym of the program.

On call response did interfer with life. Good people to work with.
Pros
steady work
Cons
call outs
Quit do to change of job description
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 15, 2018
I quit my position at CH2M Hill due to my supervisor changing my job description to make it a requirement for me to have to enter a confined space knowing I'm claustrophobic.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
poor management
Not sure
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 11, 2018
I really don't have much to say about working here because I don't remember much about it. We are getting pretty far back into my past careers. I wish I could help more.
Great working environment with jigsaw puzzles in break rooms, fitness center. Employees had some teleworking days
IT Support & Operations Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 10, 2018
I work for CH for almost 15 years. I enjoyed my job very much and also enjoyed my coworkers. Unfortunately, CH was acquired by Jacobs Engineering in December and change was inevitable.
Pros
CH really did care about it's employees
Cons
Not enough opportunity for advancement in some positions
Professional Atmosphere
Mechanical Engineer 5 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work, professional people and management. Safe work environment lead to a happy workplace and a calming, productive team. Some travel, which was always enjoyable.
Good starting place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2018
Challenging work environment for accounting regulated heavily per Federal guidelines. Most co workers were good. Upper management did not share important info and had many changes making more challenges
expensive and risk averse
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
Company has lots of resources but tends to overload with management personnel on projects, dropped their construction arm and failed at some key alternate delivery projects
Pros
company culture, resources
Cons
lack added value for top dollar
Lack of decision making, no communication
Chemical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 20, 2018
Co workers were friendly as was immediate supervisor. Too many stop work issues preventing progress. No job security, always having lay offs. Safe work conditions.
Pros
Excellent wages, safe environment
Cons
No communication between upper management and workers, lack of decision making
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  EvendaleAugust 19, 2018
It all about the company they don’t care about the employees . The company cares only about making money and does care about there employees. You can work until your 62 and have worked there almost 20 years and they will let you go and keep someone who has been there a year just so they not have to pay them as much . NO Loyalty on the company part at all
Pros
Good pay while you work there
Cons
Never know when job will end
Face paced
Senior Project/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
I had the opportunity to work on a lot of interesting projects during my 17 years there. I worked with a lot of great people, good benefits and advancements.
Pros
Good interesting projects
Sr. Taleo/HRIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Good Place to work. I leveraged my skills with my client. Learned a lot from there. Got a chance to learn and explore technologies of Taleo TCC, Onboarding etc.
Unstable
AP Supervisor - AP/IT Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 10, 2018
Company very unstable, outsourced to countries outside of U.S. putting hundreds of employees out of work. Management would overlook issues and never address. Company recently bought out by another engineering company - more lay offs.
Pros
Peers
Cons
everything else
Good Place to work
Facilities Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
Good company to work for. It pays the bills. The staff there are friendly and cooperate with each other. It is a predominately engineering and architectural environment.
Great Place!
War Reserve Material (WRM) Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2018
I worked at Ch2M Hill for 2 years. I really enjoyed my time with the company and they really provide tools for you to grow. I highly recommended for anyone to apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss