CHA Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Disconnected from understanding their clients/ H.R. restuctured, disorganized, top-heavy
Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 5, 2018
I was hired fulltime to be a Resident Engineer for a long standing client of CHA. The client decided to change their scope after I was established resulting in my position being in danger.

I have been re-assigned to an office-temporary- for submittal review. Once this part of the construction is closed out, I will be laid off.
Office 'culture' is cold, with a lot of insecure game playing.

H.R. immediately blamed me for the above and accused me of not performing my job properly. I have proof that this response was un-warranted, and knee-jerk aggressive, with no bearing in the reality of the given situation.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
See above
Top Heavy Company with good people
Technical Intern - Environmental Group (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 4, 2017
Great employees and engineers, engineering managers are great, but administrators are out of touch.

Flexible working schedule and a wide variety of projects to work on.
My team is great
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMay 31, 2017
The company is divided into many markets and groups. While that could be very problematic, thankfully my team is wonderful. My manager is very friendly, clear and direct. She is always encouraging me and my fellow team members who are also very easygoing and friendly.
Great Company
Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 23, 2016
CHA was a very good company but my career goals were not in line with theirs. I was also located in Albany and my main goal had been to move back to my home town of Syracuse, NY.
Great Internship Experience
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJune 9, 2016
Is a large Engineering company with small Architectural group of 5 people. Focused on Sports and Recreational Facilities, stadiums, and field houses. Worked for and under 3 different architects. Updated structural details, ordered sample materials, spoke with regional representatives, ordered product specifications, and created schematic design options.

Loved working with my direct supervisor, was very patient, understanding and supportive in teaching me. Great work environment and office space at the time.
A typical day
Assistant Engineering Designer/Tech/Cadd Op (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2015
Using Civil 3D to design aviation plans for clients. The ability to learn from my managers was instrumental to where I am today in my career.
Was a fun place to work
Principal Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2014
The work environment went down when the firm was purchased 5 years ago. There are new leaders at the top with new ideas. I wish them luck.

I did learn a great deal about InRoads on my own.
Pros
Fun place to work for the first 20 years out of 25 that I was there.
Cons
No lunch room, you eat at your desk. No outside activities during work hours.
Great place to intern
Water/Wastewater Intern (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJune 11, 2014
My co-workers were always willing to help me find new and exciting tasks to work on. Sometimes it was difficult to find billable work. I enjoyed the work outdoors which included taking groundwater samples and driving to sites. The hardest part of my job was watching CCTV videos and reviewing sanitary sewer pipelines because it sometimes seemed like the pipes would go on forever. I did get to listen to music while doing it though, which helped. I wish that I had more outings with the coworkers in the office. The hours were flexible and I could come and go as I pleased as long as I got my 40 hours a week in.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2013
As an Administrative Assistant for the Finance Department, I was able to work with many different departments. I helped manage calendars, re-vamp the filing system, scan, email, file, etc. I worked with many different types of people and learned how to communicate best with all of them in order to ensure a happy productive work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHA Consulting, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CHA Consulting, Inc. Reviews by Location