Chadwell Supply Employee Reviews

Management has made chadwell supply one of the worst placea to work
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 6, 2018
I started working at chadwell supply this summer and I loved my job when i started because we were getting a lot of hours during the summer time we stayed busy but once everything started slowing down chadwells true colors started to show upper management has there whole family on first shift so they get praised for not doing any work for making chadwell look bad all they do is talk all day walk around looking for reasons to get second shift fired because everyone on second shift is colored majority at least all the full timers but we get treated like step children because were not family to upper management we as second shift do 90% of all the work that comes through chadwell supply and we work the majority of the hours but first shift gets all the credit the pay sucks for the experience that alot of us full timers have the want to write up second shift for doing any and everything so our motivation is shot dead and everybody is planning on leaving sooner than later chadwell supply has alot of tricks up there sleeves and planning on firing alot of us black second shift guys but we do the majority of the work we are considered the slaves on the shift we do all the cleaning we take blame for everything thats goes on with chadwell and the more we try the less we are appreciated chadwell sucks and i hate working for them i cant wait till i find a better real job that pays great and somewhere we are appreciated and recognize for our work efforts now we claim to be stealing food out of the snack machines at work i guess second shift do everything wrong because first shift didnt get  more... asked about any of the issues that go on with chadwell they never have meetings they never get wrote up but sexond shift the whole second shift including our amazing supervisor is halfway out the door because we refuse to kiss anybody's backside we get no respect do not i repeat do not work for chadwell supply  less
Pros
Long work hours during the summer time and cheap snacks
Cons
Horrible management disrespectful slaves the people that arent family
Productive Work Place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 4, 2018
Chadwell is a growing and thriving company with numerous opportunity to grow within the company.
Jobs here are Order Processor, Driver, Freight Order Processor, Office Clerk, Receiving Clerk, Supervisor over different departments .
Each of the Job listed have their own unique task and duties that one would need to complete daily. Everyone at this location are more than welcoming to new and former coworkers. This Branch is enjoyable place to work, highly recommend to anyone who would like to apply to work at this location.
Pros
Family own atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Its okay for a first job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 4, 2018
I had starting working at Chadwell on second shift in December of 2017 which wasn't as busy. Busy season is spring/summer. It started out okay but I was part time once I rolled over to full time in the summer months I started noticing a difference, it basically felt like we (as in the night shift crew) were the step children of the company. We had the longest hours, over 90% of everything that went out was done on our shift, yet we received all of the blame for every mistake. The day shift supervisor was a jerk who literally spent the majority of his time trying to make trouble for others especially on our crew. This job is a joke! Inventory control didn't control much because stuff was all over the place it was difficult to locate parts everyday and the company don't won't to invest in RF Guns everything is done by hand. The people there on my shift were cool and they made it fun but I wouldn't recommend working there in less its your first job!
Pros
Occasional pizza party
Cons
Lack of technology
Horrible Management
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 2, 2018
I've been at Chadwell since this fall and in my few months of working for this company I've realized that Chadwell has horrible upper management and lacks job culture. A few of the employees on my shift had left for various reasons and upper management refuses to get us any help yet they will blame us for every error (picking and checking errors) but they do nothing to actually fix the situation by employing guys to help our shift its out of control! I would never suggest anyone working here PERIOD!
Pros
Low cost for vending machine products
Cons
They pay below the industry standard for order processors
Family enviroment
Renovation Field Manager/ Cabinetry (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
Job enviroment was good at first. Then Department changes made it difficult to complete the renovations in a timely matter which became hard to get renovation done on schedule.
FUn place to work at
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2018
It was a good place to work at and higher leadership was understanding. Down to earth work place with outstanding co workers. Very friendly and would recommend people to work there.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
short breaks
Chadwell Supply Inc.Employment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2018
As a manger, I loved going to my job every knowing I was changing lives for the better. Some days during the busy season would get a bit crazy, but its worth it.
Pros
Long term employment, workplace culture
They claim
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2018
They claim to be a Christian family based company. I had to make a call on my kids second day of school to make sure they got picked up. I got fired my second day. This is nuts. Not Christian or family anything. It was amazing staff and people to work with. It's a joke though. All I did was assure my kids had a ride home. Unbelievable
Cons
Horrible
Good place to work if your in their family if not its hard
Warehouse Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCAugust 18, 2018
Its good place for young talent, older people have harder time working their. But no advancement, only if your in their little bubbly bubble. Also they won't teach in your 2 weeks about product. You have a hard time finding product because they dont really care about product location.
Pros
Lots of ot
Cons
End of day rushing, warehouse disorganized really wont fix it, hire temps alot to keep pace goin. And managers dont listen to employees
Job Security and Outstanding Work Culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
The culture here is almost unbelievable. I never had the pleasure of working for a family owned business and man have I been missing out! The owners and managers are very reasonable and caring individuals. They make sure all employees are happy and have what they need to get the job done and be comfortable. As we grow it can get pretty busy at times but I prefer that then being slow and not getting hours.
Pros
Full Benefits, overtime pay, paid holidays off and bonus days, pto, amazing culture and atmosphere
Cons
There's really nothing to complain about.
Productive Workplace
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2018
Managment is great, great pay, some days are long depending on your route and orders. Great job to work for serving business needs. Deal with lots of customers on a daily
Family orintated work enviroment
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 10, 2018
I would and have recommended Chadwell to family and friends. They pay well, provide a fun work environment and are a very understanding group of owners.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
family promoted over employees
Great staff, too many hours
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCApril 25, 2018
I loved the pay, I loved the area, the people I worked with and for. What I didn't enjoy were the 10-12 hour days It would be ok if I volunteered to do that every now and then. But this was forced overtime.
Pros
They brought lunch on occasion
Cons
too many hours
A company you can be proud to represent
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
This is a great company to work for and has products you can be proud to stand behind. The online reviews are what made me most excited to apply for this position, and so far they have been spot on. I took a trip to our corporate office for orientation, and everyone was very inviting and welcomed me with open arms. I am just getting started with this company, but I am excited to elevate my career to the next level. They offer a strong support system for the outside sales reps, and the training they have provided me has been impeccable. The growth goals they have and new locations they are opening are unbelievable. Ecstatic to be a part of the family!
Pros
Paid holidays off, great training, and laid back work environment
Cons
Haven't seen any yet but don't think I will
I enjoyed working here
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2017
Great management team. Got to learn how to track delivery trucks and plan shipping routes. The most enjoyable thing learned from this job is the different materials used for apartment builders.
The employees make this place phenomenal
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
The managers and employees here are great to work with. The culture they have created is productive, fun and gratifying. I was able to advance quickly and was given job stability. This is a company I can provide for my family with and be with for a long time.
Pros
Good work/life balance, Lots of departments, can apply internally for other positions
Cons
You need to be knowledgeable in any department you are in.
Company Culture is Amazing
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Really an incredible company. They have a great atmosphere, catered lunches, full benefits, and stability. They joke and say you will gain weight working here because they go out of their way for employee birthdays, and constantly find reasons to bring in food and deserts. The employees here are all great people, I mean just good hearts, caring and genuine people. I remember them telling me that if I was accustom to the corporate world it would be culture shock, but I wouldn't trade it for any other position. Just take for example Hurricane Irma, the managers here have been so accommodating regarding time off and haven't second guessed anyone needing to evacuate, stay home with the kids due to schools closing or needing to prepare for the storm. Not like many other company's out there. Truly a rare company.
Pros
benefits, catered lunches, birthday celebrations, awesome workplace culture
Cons
no complaints
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2017
When I first started here the biggest thing that spoke to me was the longevity with employees. There are people that have been with the company 26, 20, 10 plus years. No one will stay with a company for that amount of time if there wasn't a good reason. The low turn over really impressed me. After being with the company for 6 months now I absolutely love it, and I understand why people don't leave. Such a mellow and enjoyable atmosphere. Management is understanding and truly stands by the family oriented culture. I am genuinely happy to work for a company like Chadwell.
Pros
Company lunches, Paid Holidays off, benefits, great company culture, stability, growth opportunities
Cons
Not enough food options in the market place downstairs.
Fast paced production
Order Selector, Shipper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
At Chadwell there were always new challenges everyday. Pulling orders and shipping out product for many different departments including receiving, special orders and Amazon orders.
Pros
Friendly co workers and fast paced
Cons
To many bosses
It is a reasonable place to work
Warehouse Order Selector /Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Here is a place that benefits on the buddy,buddy system. If you are in their group you will excel, as for others you will be fine as long as you do your job