Chalk Mountain Services Employee Reviews

Sr.Driver Mgr (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 18, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Chalk Mountain. The most enjoyable time was the employees that I supervised. A typical day at work was getting the Drivers loaded and headed to their destination. I started the company as a Driver and quickly moved to the Driver Manager. From there I went into the Sr Driver Manager position, which over saw the entire Tyler operations. The hardest part about this position was adjusting to the different personalities of the Drivers.
Official response from Chalk Mountain Services
September 27, 2019

Thank you for your comment! We are glad you enjoyed your time here and we enjoy all of our employees personalities. It takes a team to make our operation work, and we appreciate your support.

Casual
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 28, 2019
This is a very casual dress code type of company. Somewhat fun and relaxed environment. However, better communication and fairness training is much needed.
Official response from Chalk Mountain Services
September 27, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are working hard to create an open communication forum and teaching the principles of Chalk 3.0, which embodies feedback, communication and treating each other with common courtesy and respect.

Overall good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Loving, NMAugust 21, 2019
There are 2 shifts. 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. The pay is $27.50 an hour for days and $28.00 for night drivers. There a 4% 401k match. PTO is slow growing. Paid vacations and health benefits. There is micro managing everywhere you go.
Management expresses in packet receive on hiring how important rules are. Not true
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXAugust 9, 2019
This company is all about the company making money and not the employees. The rules are made to be broken. They don't want people that can do the job but people that are willing to stay with no real money to be made. This is not the company that it is built up to be. If you are looking for a job I would suggest you keep looking.
Pros
Cons
No money no hours and abusive atmosphere
Bad company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 4, 2019
Poorly managed. Management has no experience in what they are managing. Very racist company. A high turnover with drivers. Its a swinging door. Management has no experience in oilfield or trucks. Owners really dont know whats going on. Its a reason that this company had highered and lost 160+ drivers in a year span. Even veteran drivers 5+ year drivers have left at the drop of a hat.
I'm actually looking forward to going back.
Sand Coordinator/Pusher (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 3, 2019
This was one of my favorite jobs. I had the help at my fingertips if I ever got in a bind. The supervisors were always checking up on me in case I needed something. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work with them.
It was a good steady place to work for a few years till they shut down the yard in Tyler
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 28, 2019
It was a good steady place to work as far as going to the same place every day and working every day. They shut the yard down in Tyler and offered us to transfer out to West Texas.
Easy, long periods to meet timeline
Operator (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXJuly 1, 2019
Good family company. They do try keep their employees happy. But business is business. Good trucks good trailers good equipment. Show up, hook and drive. Just show up for work. You will be fine.
Pros
Bunch
Cons
Non much
managers don’t take is responsibility
Oilfield Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 25, 2019
Mngr blame everybody in the terminal
They don’t take responsibility
They blame driver for taking to much time pick the assignment
They don’t think are more truck around the road & load facilities
Pros
Cons
You don’t make money
Water hauler
Water driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 24, 2019
This is an oilfield trucking company and you have to be available during all kinds of weather. A very hot and cold job also wet while raining.........
Stressfull workplace, Benefits not great.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 23, 2019
I currently work here they put stress on all the drivers want you to work like if your by the load and if you take to long to get to a well its a write up. Things are always changing to Benifet the company not the driver.
I seen so many changes and people come and go constantly! Its not like it use to be its just making me wanna quit each and every day .
I honestly loved working for them but now i just eat my words to chew the negative taste. 12 hour shifts are not guaranteed sometimes you work 6 hrs and get sent home. And if you do the loads to fast some times you get sent home early.
Pros
No lunches, no appreciation
Cons
You are only allowed 30 minutes breaks a day
Management keeps guessing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXApril 18, 2019
Management keeps u on ur pins and needles.
Training was sub par
You are sent to well sites as if u lived in neighbor and management and dispatch don’t know there way down the block.
Pros
Some drivers
Cons
Younger drivers come on board and act like they know everything., Get paid by hr but these Youngsters run around like they get paid by load.
Great incentives
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX 76063March 26, 2019
Good company to work for and advancement is up to you. Training is very professional. Perks are rewards in Chalk bucks to be cashed or spent as bonuses.
Pros
Chalk bucks
This company will run you into the ground then throw you under the bus. There is too many chiefs and not enough Indians at this place.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMarch 23, 2019
Poor compensation you get the same pay whether you haul 2 loads or 10 per day. No incentive for hauling more loads, rules always changing. You have to start a nights very hard to get transferred days. They have a hard time retaining drivers. They also only haul for one customer so when it's slow it hits hard. Do yourself a favor do not work here after the overpriced benefits the 1000.00 weekly average take home isn't worth jumping thru the required hoops.
Pros
Great way to learn how to use phneumatics
Cons
Overpriced benefits, No bonus, Lack of communication with dispatch
Good people, Great Pay and Long hours, very structured
CDL-A Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMarch 19, 2019
If your looking to sacrifice your home life, Chalk mountain Services offers great pay and plenty of hours to fatten your Wallet. Most of the Drivers at this company would agree that in they'r years of experience this is by the easiest job they worked for. The only Challenge is the hours, you'll often work long hours and get home in time to barely rest before leaving again for work. its 4 days on and 2 days off.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
little time to rest
Great work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMarch 12, 2019
This is a great company. Follow the rules and work hard and you are rewarded very well. Safety is priority #1 at Chalk Mountain. Some employees don’t understand this, take shortcuts, and then think they are being targeted by management when they receive follow up. This company expects you to put in work while on the clock and getting paid...that’s fair. Are they the highest paying job in the oilfield, no. However, this company will still be around through downturns as they have the ability to create efficiency that other companies cannot. Is this company perfect, no. However, I feel Chalk Mountain is continually trying to get better and finding ways to improve. I would recommend Chalk Mountain to anyone.
Pros
Great equipment, great management, fun work environment
Chalk Mountain -- Tyler
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Chalk Mountain. I only wish it could have lasted longer.

12 hour days, 7 days on duty, 7 days off.

When you first start, you will work nights, no doubt about it.

Never had to worry about your pay, its direct deposit.

The company only shuts down when the well in south texas are shut down. You may have to work Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years. No such thing as knowing you will be not working holidays unless your take PTO.

Driver Managers do not have the option of getting PTO, since the 7 on / 7 off policy went into effect.
Pros
good people
Cons
trying to get a direct answer from corporate
great company drivers always had work overtime fluctuated
FRAC SAND/WATER HAULER (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I worked a 12 shift that consisted of pre-tripping my assigned truck and trailer. Successfully delivering or picking up cargo from either frac sites and facilities. Conducting post-trip vehicle inspections and turning in all of my paperwork at the end of my shift.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
insurance
Facility Manager - Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXDecember 17, 2018
Great place to work, 95% of drivers are awesome. There's always going to be a few oddballs, but thats anywhere you go.

Some people were in a postion that they deserved, but others shoud not have been
Pros
Great co-workers, great pay
Cons
Management can play favorites, but overall pretty good
made many friends
Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXDecember 3, 2018
the health insurance was extremly expensive. I did learn from my time there. i was lucky enough to make many freinds some that are still employed ans some that are not.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chalk Mountain Services. Our community is ready to answer.