Challenger Motor Freight Inc.

Challenger Motor Freight Inc. Employee Reviews

Great trainers
Amazing training program, very friendly and experienced trainers. Everyone other than the dispatchers are great. No dedicated routes, subject to change on monthly basis
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Routes subject to change every month. Pay is below standard
Great people I worked with, Managment was not very good
They struggled to get 300 parts out the door in an 8H shift. By they time I left, we were nailing out 500+ parts in 8H. I did not like management as they wanted everyone to work harder, and harder with no increase pay.
Pros
Average joes.
Cons
Great modern facility, modern equipment but they cut corners to save money at the expense of drivers
Good fleet, good runs, poor dispatch. Excellent simulator training environment, in house classes to keep drivers updated.

Drivers were expected to accept all dispatch, without question, Fleet was often stretched to past capacity. We were often asked to stay past our agreed work days, into personal time. Dispatchers were inflexible and quite often rude with drivers.
Pros
good equipment, good facilties
Cons
short home time, bad attitude from dispatchers, favoritism from management.
Great place to work!
I really enjoy working at Challenger. The environment is great and so are the people. Benefits are good and comprehensive. I am not going to say that there are no without issues but there are a lot of great people here constantly working hard to improve things and make changes for the better. I have unfortunately worked in some extremely negative work environments so Challenger for me is like a breath of fresh air. I look forward to my future with this great Canadian company and the exciting opportunities still to come.
Pros
People first culture, career opportunities, social events, compensation and benefits, future outlook.
push your logbook
they cheat drivers on pay and expect you to cheat on logbook and do not pay as promised. The bring in a lot offshore drivers and underpay them.
Pros
lots of work can make $1, 800 per week gross
Cons
they expect you to cheat on log then blame you
Comment – July 1, 2014
I wish never seen challenger I came from the U.K. and worked them for 9 months then was fired for not pushing my hours and complaining about shortages in my pay,
Comment – June 22, 2014
thank you I just took a job driving go bus instead. There is no truck driver shortage over 500 truck driver applied for 7 bus driving postions
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good people to work with and good equipment
I enjoyed working for them but distance was too far to commute every day. Found something local.