Chamberlain College of Nursing Employee Reviews

Summary
Assistant to the Campus President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day consisted of serving needs of colleagues, students and visitors. The workplace culture was professional, team-oriented and professional.
Don't rate the company by this one location
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Houston location has unqualified people in positions they do not have the experience or people skills to be in. Management at the Houston location has ran off many, many excellent nursing educators. Constant faculty turnover is very confusing and challenging for the students. Very expensive program where they claim to care, but they only care to keep seats filled and revenue coming in. The company overall does not represent the philosophy that is rampant at the Houston location. If you must choose Chamberlain, go to the Pearland campus. MUCH better management and atmosphere there.
Benefits
Cons
Cut-throat, self-serving management team that is underqualified for position
workplace
Clinical Learning Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2018
Not a great place to work due to previous leadership. Does not offer many chances to enhance clinical skills. Education of future nurses is primary focus.
Pros
tuition covered if attend their instituition
Cons
location
College of Nursing
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 17, 2018
I attended college at Chamberlain. This was not an employer. I graduated with a BSN throughout Online studies and received my degree. My professors were knowledgeable and conducive to learning and furthering my education.
Pros
Loved the learning experience
Competitive place to work
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Chamberlain is a very good place to work. The administration takes the success of their students seriously and empower the faculty with necessary tools to enable them succeed. However, they will not hesitate to let go of any faculty who is not producing at capacity level.
Great Company
Academic Advisor III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Great trainings, loved working with students, productive and positive environment. Great benefits. Balance of life and work. Rewarded employees well, paid time off.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work with supportive coworkers. Happy management and you were always appreciated. They make sure to take care of everyone from employees and students.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2018
Great staff and supportive leadership and cutting edge education. Loved working with the students and imparting knowledge of my and their chosen careers.
Excellent Work Environment
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2018
Wonderful work environment.
Great facilities
Management was very qualified and competent
Did not consider any part of the job was hard
People and culture was wonderful
Pros
Great work and Great compensation
Cons
Faculty had little or no input into policy
Great experience, lots of opportunities for advancement
Asst Dean academic success (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 20, 2018
Love my position, great management. My experience and past experience is acknowledged. President listens to what I have to say, not just pretends to listen. Colleagues are fantastic and like a family. Highly recommend Troy campus!
Pros
Lunches, learning opportunities
Cons

Want to know more about Chamberlain College of Nursing?

Ask a question
Decent Place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 5, 2018
Decent place to work. Provides better than average pay and benefits for the industry. Great co-workers who are very fun and enjoyable to work with..
Fun job for me. I enjoyed every bit of my time with my students. We had busy days and so not busy days but our ultimate goal was to provide excellenpa
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2018
My job was to take students to clinical which I enjoyed very much. Typical day can be busy, trying to get students the experience they need to make them successful in their career. I seldomly meet with other teachers for meetings and I find them to be very helpful. I love what I do so every day is an adventure to me.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Not applicable
The Students Were Exceptional
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 12, 2018
The school was going through managerial changes, and therefore, the organizational culture was in a state of disarray. It was a pleasure to serve the learning needs of the students.
Loved it
Faculty (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2018
Amazing work environment with amazing people. Lots of areas for growth and promotion. Everyday was the best day and the opportunity to teach future nurses is an amazing gift.
General Review
Visiting Professor Adult Health I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 6, 2018
I am still an employee and even If I relocate, will still work for them in the state I will be going to. I love education and Chamberlain is a good place
Pros
staff development
Cons
No breaks between semesters
Good nursing program with potential to be better
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
Good nursing program with good national support. Frustrating at times trying to figure out the Learning Management system and the amount of autonomy permitted as a faculty member.
Pros
Small number of students and faculty
Cons
Not able to have as much autonomy due to constraints from the corporate management
Disorganized and Unhappy Place
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2018
Private college where finances are put ahead of quality education for students. Management is punitive. Work load is unrealistic. People don't stay
Pros
Good section of town
Cons
Unrealistic Workload; punitive management style
Transitioning organization that is undergoing changes
Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Chamberlain College of Nursing strives to make the needed alterations within the company for the sake of the organization. The work environment is constantly changing and you have to be very adaptable to these adjustments. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility. You are able to work remotely from home. Management takes a more of a macro management approach. This is beneficial because it allows you to create your own work style to completing tasks. The downfall of macro management is that it generates a disconnection between managers and employees. A typical day at work would be a series of meetings, completing cases, researching and data entry.
Pros
Work from home, 401k, discounted tuition
Cons
Inconsistancy, Poor training initiatives, lack of growth opportunities
It was a pleasure
National Senior Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Chamberlain College of Nursing. This company showed me how Privately owned schools should operate and that the students they teach are more than just a number. The management staff is extremely professional and amazing to work with. I wish I could have stayed!
Student focused
former employee (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Great disconnect between the home office and individual campuses. When NCEX scores are acceptable. It's kudos. However when scores would fall below benchmark., all would be subtly blamed. The more one gives, the more they would want.
On a more positive note, great and current resources, up to date technology and plenty sometimes excessive weekly meetings which would justify for hone office.
There is never job security anywhere as Florida is an at will work state.
Way too many meetings but that's the norm for that setting.
Overall decent place to work. Can learn much from colleagues as well as management Micromanagement is subtle and depends on employee performance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Excessive emails and meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamberlain College of Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.