Chamberlain Group Employee Reviews

Terribly managed,asbestos filled environment
Customer Service Representative II (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2019
. Terrible management, not enough training before they throw you to the wolves pay is lousy the construction and asbestos alone should make them shut down
The Company lack job Culture
Sr. Design Engineer/Quality Sustaining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 10, 2019
Very disappointed in the management team, the employee reviewing process is based on one manager decision. If the manager doesn't like you, not a thing you can do. The promotions are based on not how hard you work or how many projects you get done, it's totally based on how much you suck up to the management people.
Pros
bad management team
Cons
good benefit
Ok place to work
Front Line (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZApril 3, 2019
Organization and culture changed during to past few months, less emphasis on the employee and more on the numbers. Less focus on growth for the employees
Just like other companies
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
The company is controlled by a couple sneaky people and everything should be done in their way. They just hired a new COO which he got trapped in the same game and doing what they want spontaneously. Culture wise it's below average. Most employees have attitude and if they need you ,then they will be kind and smiling; otherwise, just a typical behavior.
Excellent place
Field Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 11, 2019
Excellent company with great benefits and perks for employees Have enjoyed working for this company for past 2 and half years. No real complaints. The company also encourages a good work-life balance. For example, during Summer months the company will give you an option to work a 4 day week with Friday and weekends off.

Management gives employs a great deal of support and flexibility to make decisions in the field.
Chamberlain
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 8, 2019
The lack of career advancement through the company is dis-concerning. Basically your annual raise is going to be at most $.35 for an entire year. There is usually a lot of overtime which makes up for the lower pay/raises but when that dies down its really tough. Otherwise the daily work atmosphere is great and overall I do enjoy working there.
TEST ENGINEER I (Current Employee) –  Nogales SonoraFebruary 1, 2019
Its an excellent place to work, good company, stable. Its a good company and has good managers, the benefits are ok and the CEO and the operational drivers are excellent.
Prepare to be frustrated and help professionals that have no desire to help themselves.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 18, 2018
Supposed professional installers show up onsite not prepared to do the job. They don't have needed tools or manuals. Chamberlain approves of this and encourages these same unprofessional installers to be recommended to homeowners. Professionals showing up on site need to be just that. Professional.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Love the environment but management was horrible
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2018
The pay was great and the coworkers were awesome. Paid vacations and sick time were a plus. The company management was disorganized and did not have good communication. Always unprepared and unloaded their work on others. Never gave credit to the people who actually did the work.
Pros
Coworkers, Pay, Vacations and benefits
Cons
Management and being disorganized
Great Place to Intern
Industrial Design Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 8, 2018
I was an intern at Chamberlain and it was my first one. The pay was great, and I was able to be there when the company moved into their new office building. The office is great and has many features and also helped the job culture a lot. They have a very structured internship program that I would recommend to many others.
Pros
Great Pay, Gym, Good Work Environment, Great CEO
Great Professional Environment
Project Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 3, 2018
A company that strives for excellence and growth. During my time as a member of their logistics team, I witnessed a great drive from top management to incorporate innovative and dynamic technologies to processes. Also, growing project management leaders, encouraging process improvement workplace philosophies, promoting safety practices, and most importantly funding safety based projects throughout their logistics network.
I learned so much from this experience and, I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great team and company culture.
Pros
Travel opportunities, Benefits, Professional Development, Advancement
Awesome place to work
Senior Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 22, 2018
Fast Paced.
Sourcing electrical components, hardware and software.
Management was excellent and understanding to individuals needs.
Very diverse culture with all types of backgrounds and experience.
Arlington Park Racetrack.
Pros
Arlington Park Racetrack
Cons
Na
Innovative & Collaborative Workplace
Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 5, 2018
Good management that values creativity, gives chances to showcase your own ideas and file for patents, great work-life balance, free donuts, amazing professional development workshops
Worse place to work
SR TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP III (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 7, 2018
No advancement
Where the incompetent exceed abd people who know what they actually are doing get pushed to the side. Management has no idea how to di abything but micro manage
good place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2018
Not always enough time in the day to get your work completed. Training is not as good as it could be. Most enjoyable part of the day is the employees that work there. Company have great benefits.
Pros
Serve food and monthly birthday cake and drinks
Cons
Stressful
Garage Door technician
Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Troubleshoot garage door openers and connect the phone to open and close the garage door opener from anywhere in the world via WiFi.

Learned skills to help Y-jack new agents to do the job.
To troubleshoot with a person that doesn't have a clue what I am talking about.
The best part and joy is to fix the issue and the customer is happy for the job well done.
Too Many Bosses
Senior Engineer - Software Design (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 2, 2018
It is common to have multiple people telling you to do the same thing. However at Chamberlain I had multiple bosses telling me to ignore the other bosses and do what they wanted.
Pros
Great building, Gym, Cafeteria, Walking trails
Cons
Too many meetings, Poorly divided workload
Call Center, Relaxed dress code, good starting job
Technical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2018
Good starting job, Call center with a lot of options based on merit. Time clock is watched like a hawk so you have no wiggle room on tardiness. Point system.
Unprofessional trainer
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2018
The trainer was rude. Used foul language and grammar was terrible. She was mean. She kept insisting I " pay attention" and follow along with the computer screen. One day she yelled and humiliated me in front of the whole class. Later that day I got my schedule and met with my floor manager. When I got home there was a message from the temp agency informing me the job was not a good fit (ya think) and I did not have to go back. This was all on a Thursday.
Rude and uncaring
Technical customer support (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaApril 2, 2018
It was totally confusing to me. I knew nothing about garage door openers. My mistake of accepting the job. But that did not give the trainer permission to verbally humiliate me in the middle of the class and treat me like I was stupid. They say they will help you, that is a lie.
Pros
Cons
They don't care