Chamberlain Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Garage Door technician
Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Troubleshoot garage door openers and connect the phone to open and close the garage door opener from anywhere in the world via WiFi.

Learned skills to help Y-jack new agents to do the job.
To troubleshoot with a person that doesn't have a clue what I am talking about.
The best part and joy is to fix the issue and the customer is happy for the job well done.
Call Center, Relaxed dress code, good starting job
Technical Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2018
Good starting job, Call center with a lot of options based on merit. Time clock is watched like a hawk so you have no wiggle room on tardiness. Point system.
Unprofessional trainer
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 20, 2018
The trainer was rude. Used foul language and grammar was terrible. She was mean. She kept insisting I " pay attention" and follow along with the computer screen. One day she yelled and humiliated me in front of the whole class. Later that day I got my schedule and met with my floor manager. When I got home there was a message from the temp agency informing me the job was not a good fit (ya think) and I did not have to go back. This was all on a Thursday.
Rude and uncaring
Technical customer support (Former Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaApril 2, 2018
It was totally confusing to me. I knew nothing about garage door openers. My mistake of accepting the job. But that did not give the trainer permission to verbally humiliate me in the middle of the class and treat me like I was stupid. They say they will help you, that is a lie.
Pros
Cons
They don't care
It was a great place to work.
Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2018
It was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the work culture. It was very employee friendly. You could even have pet fish. You could also decorate your desk also.
When you gotta go-get
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Chamberlain, most find it hard. I guess because you have to direct the people in order to help them and if you don't know what
you are helping them fix and how it works then it isn't the job for you. It is hard. But the satisfaction is great. The management needs to get a clue on what it is the workers are doing, they should go through the same training as the employees. Because they don't know jack.
Wonderful company, even better people
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 1, 2018
I was an engineering intern at Chamberlain and loved going to work every morning. The work was exciting, challenging, and very hands on. The people were spectacular and management was well organized.
Pros
Culture, People, Projects, Facility
Great organization!
Manager of Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILFebruary 23, 2018
Chamberlain is just an all around great place to work! They believe in their people and give back. I had a great group in my area and felt very supported.
Pros
Management, culture
Was a comfortable and friendly work environment that pushes you to do better
Direct Global Sourcing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Everyone working there was willing to help with any issues one might face, but did not just give you the answers to your problems. The work was meaningful and not repetitive which made it much more satisfying work. At the end you were really able to see the results of you working at the company and the company really showed how valuable it found you.
Its a call center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2018
This company is a laid back, easy going, call center. However, you're about as dumb as the customer when one calls in. You are reading what they are reading, a manual. Sometimes you can resolve the customer's problem but most of the time the situation has to be escalated to level 2 technicians.
Pros
Laid back, easy going, food and drinks allowed, dual monitors, great pay
Cons
Lack of knowledgeable information, staff direct foul language at employees, no extensive knowledgebase, lack of advanced tools to troubleshoot
Exelente ambiente laboral y salario
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Nogales son.January 6, 2018
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Buen horario.
Buen omedor.
Pros
Traansporte.
Cons
No hay superacion personal.
Positive Workplace
Inside Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILDecember 28, 2017
Great management structure and employee morale. Positive workplace. New building, great lighting. comfortable setting, privately owned company. Work Life Balance.
Chamberlain
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 21, 2017
Oh so many things to say about Chamberlain. I have seen a drug deal go down on the call floor reported it to Management and nothing was done even though this could cause the Company to lose its international permits.
Pros
closed on Sundays
Cons
The soul sucking environment
I liked the Chamberlain
Techinical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2017
I left for personal reasons and I just didn't want to be at the job anymore. I left for medical reasons and I am not enclosing those reasons. The people that work there are great and the hours are descent. I liked the job while I was there but needed to move on and doing something else.
Pros
free food and co workers were great
Cons
the job can be dumb
SAP Programmer /Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
They have the latest IT techies working on good stuff, i worked on good projects that will help me down in my career and get a good job in the IT sector
Great place to start
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 29, 2017
If your looking to start your job career in call centers or doing technical support. This is an Ideal place. Good training and good schedules with Sundays off and another during the week. center closes at 6pm on weekdays and 4pm on Saturdays.
Pros
Great support!
Cons
Pay is OK but could be better.
Good
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Great management, good compensation, decent benefits. Lots of competitive atmosphere and room to grow. Company has excellent facilities
Strategic Business Lead
Global Business Unit Marketing Lead, LiftMaster (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 24, 2017
The work was satisfying when collaboration occurred. Enjoyed the support provided to create global relationships to encourage teamwork. All voices were heard and well represented.
Great Place to Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Great culture over all. Some areas of opportunity. Employees work toward common goal in most cases. Silos exist but this is changing. Great location.
Private company, good old boy club
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Highly politicized work environment. Who you now is more important than your performance. Profits are above quality. Knowing ship defective product on a regular basis.