Chamberlain University Employee Reviews

The leadership lacks leaders
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
There is a lot of turn over; strong candidates from within are not chosen for leadership roles. Those hiring seek followers not leaders. The student complain about the constant program changes and lack of teachers who are qualified and or actually know the material they teach.
Pros
Contract work
Cons
Poor leadership and professor pool
Poor work environment
Nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
The horrible behaviors among the staff members was unlike anything I had ever seen in my 25 years of nursing! The behaviors were evident to students, as well, leading the next generation of nurses into a poor career beginning.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
numerous
excellent day at work
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2018
The work is excellent. Love teaching. Everything is great about Chamberlain except for the constant changes in the leadership, But that is also an opportunity for learning
Culture of Care
IT Technician and Simulation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Has a great culture of care. Good place to work but just no chance for advancement in the IT Field. If there was a chance for advancement and higher pay it would be ideal.
Pros
Chamberlain Care
Cons
Pay and promotions
Don't believe their Line that Chamberlain Cares
Military Healthcare Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  White House, TNAugust 29, 2018
They care about one thing only - making ever increasing numbers of inquiries in their online degree programs. I worked longer and harder at this job than any other I've ever had. I was once the top performer in our team. Then they changed my territory (4 different alignments in 4.5 years), and increased the demand for numbers. I was not alone in struggling. Half the team is now gone because they could not make their numbers. It is a fault of upper management in my opinion. If you have a family and want to spend time with them, this is NOT the job to take.
new management negatively impacted culture
admission (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2018
New leadership took over and the amazing culture that was Chamberlain was gone. Senior managers do not listen to their managers or employees, and decisions are poorly communicated to the field. policies are changed far too often, and sometimes with no notice. Promotion criteria changes a couple times a year, so as to not promote too many people.
Pros
Some great people to work for
Cons
Leadership does not grow with the times it is not 2009 anymore
Good for remote work
Account Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 13, 2018
Many quick changes with systems and procedures. Good for remote work, but difficult for networking. Will work with you towards advancement within organization.
Pros
remote work
Cons
insurance benefits & night shifts
Good employer
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
The college is a good employer. Starting a new campus is a big challenge and the organization went through several leadership changes in the first few years at my particular campus. They are much more stable now.
Edgy and Moving
Manager Accreditation and Reporting (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 31, 2018
Liked my work but there was always a little danger in the air. Being at home office, I witnessed and then was negatively impacted by management shakeups. Nothing was very upfront about why certain people were chosen.
Pros
remote work and flexible hours allowed me to really get a lot more work done.
Cons
pins and needles
Good pay, frequent changes
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJuly 27, 2018
Management was not very good but I know it have changed since I left. They prioritized new hired professors over the old ones. You have flexibility to pick the days you work but sometimes you get only one day of work. Impossible to have as the only source of income...it is no reliable
Pros
Flexible time and good pay
Cons
Changes in policies and the way things are done
Assistant Professor
Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Assistant ProfessorJuly 20, 2018
Completed course work and academic advisement. Was responsible for teaching lecture and online courses. Work alongside instructors and facilitators to help assist student with simulation labs.
Summary
Assistant to the Campus President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day consisted of serving needs of colleagues, students and visitors. The workplace culture was professional, team-oriented and professional.
horrible culture
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 1, 2018
back stabbing teachers who act and dress like they are in high school. no professional development. very stressful. students were nice - deans were odd - a lot to get involved in but the dean would chose who was allowed to be on what committee
Pros
Cons
everything
organizational climate
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 25, 2018
High level leadership changes and operational decisions frequently precipitate sweeping and often completely unanticipated transitions for large groups of employees. The organizational cultural stability is exceptionally unpredictable.
Pros
Company upholds high ethical standards in all student operations.
Cons
Compensation scales for some job classifications are below industry.
Back stabbing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
You have to “get in” to the right crowd or you get horrible classes and assignments. They are selling a degree not preparing nurses. Nurses there have no time and no way to grow.
Pros
Some Fellow nurses are nice. Students are wonderful
Cons
Dishonest deans
Don't rate the company by this one location
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Houston location has unqualified people in positions they do not have the experience or people skills to be in. Management at the Houston location has ran off many, many excellent nursing educators. Constant faculty turnover is very confusing and challenging for the students. Very expensive program where they claim to care, but they only care to keep seats filled and revenue coming in. The company overall does not represent the philosophy that is rampant at the Houston location. If you must choose Chamberlain, go to the Pearland campus. MUCH better management and atmosphere there.
Benefits
Cons
Cut-throat, self-serving management team that is underqualified for position
workplace
Clinical Learning Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2018
Not a great place to work due to previous leadership. Does not offer many chances to enhance clinical skills. Education of future nurses is primary focus.
Pros
tuition covered if attend their instituition
Cons
location
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
I have been a clinical instructor for over year and truly enjoy it at chamberlain. I would recommend this company to my colleagues who are thinking of working in nursing education.
College of Nursing
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 17, 2018
I attended college at Chamberlain. This was not an employer. I graduated with a BSN throughout Online studies and received my degree. My professors were knowledgeable and conducive to learning and furthering my education.
Pros
Loved the learning experience
Competitive place to work
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Chamberlain is a very good place to work. The administration takes the success of their students seriously and empower the faculty with necessary tools to enable them succeed. However, they will not hesitate to let go of any faculty who is not producing at capacity level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamberlain University. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about