Chamberlain University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good for remote work
Account Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 13, 2018
Many quick changes with systems and procedures. Good for remote work, but difficult for networking. Will work with you towards advancement within organization.
Pros
remote work
Cons
insurance benefits & night shifts
Good employer
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
The college is a good employer. Starting a new campus is a big challenge and the organization went through several leadership changes in the first few years at my particular campus. They are much more stable now.
Edgy and Moving
Manager Accreditation and Reporting (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 31, 2018
Liked my work but there was always a little danger in the air. Being at home office, I witnessed and then was negatively impacted by management shakeups. Nothing was very upfront about why certain people were chosen.
Pros
remote work and flexible hours allowed me to really get a lot more work done.
Cons
pins and needles
Good pay, frequent changes
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJuly 27, 2018
Management was not very good but I know it have changed since I left. They prioritized new hired professors over the old ones. You have flexibility to pick the days you work but sometimes you get only one day of work. Impossible to have as the only source of income...it is no reliable
Pros
Flexible time and good pay
Cons
Changes in policies and the way things are done
Assistant Professor
Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Assistant ProfessorJuly 20, 2018
Completed course work and academic advisement. Was responsible for teaching lecture and online courses. Work alongside instructors and facilitators to help assist student with simulation labs.
Summary
Assistant to the Campus President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day consisted of serving needs of colleagues, students and visitors. The workplace culture was professional, team-oriented and professional.
horrible culture
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 1, 2018
back stabbing teachers who act and dress like they are in high school. no professional development. very stressful. students were nice - deans were odd - a lot to get involved in but the dean would chose who was allowed to be on what committee
Pros
Cons
everything
organizational climate
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 25, 2018
High level leadership changes and operational decisions frequently precipitate sweeping and often completely unanticipated transitions for large groups of employees. The organizational cultural stability is exceptionally unpredictable.
Pros
Company upholds high ethical standards in all student operations.
Cons
Compensation scales for some job classifications are below industry.
Back stabbing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2018
You have to “get in” to the right crowd or you get horrible classes and assignments. They are selling a degree not preparing nurses. Nurses there have no time and no way to grow.
Pros
Some Fellow nurses are nice. Students are wonderful
Cons
Dishonest deans
Don't rate the company by this one location
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Houston location has unqualified people in positions they do not have the experience or people skills to be in. Management at the Houston location has ran off many, many excellent nursing educators. Constant faculty turnover is very confusing and challenging for the students. Very expensive program where they claim to care, but they only care to keep seats filled and revenue coming in. The company overall does not represent the philosophy that is rampant at the Houston location. If you must choose Chamberlain, go to the Pearland campus. MUCH better management and atmosphere there.
Benefits
Cons
Cut-throat, self-serving management team that is underqualified for position
workplace
Clinical Learning Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2018
Not a great place to work due to previous leadership. Does not offer many chances to enhance clinical skills. Education of future nurses is primary focus.
Pros
tuition covered if attend their instituition
Cons
location
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
I have been a clinical instructor for over year and truly enjoy it at chamberlain. I would recommend this company to my colleagues who are thinking of working in nursing education.
College of Nursing
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 17, 2018
I attended college at Chamberlain. This was not an employer. I graduated with a BSN throughout Online studies and received my degree. My professors were knowledgeable and conducive to learning and furthering my education.
Pros
Loved the learning experience
Competitive place to work
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Chamberlain is a very good place to work. The administration takes the success of their students seriously and empower the faculty with necessary tools to enable them succeed. However, they will not hesitate to let go of any faculty who is not producing at capacity level.
workplace and flexibility
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 8, 2018
The best part of the company was the flexibility with working remote. They promoted this environment. Enjoyed being able to use my creativity and enjoyed the colleagues I worked with.
Great Company
Academic Advisor III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Great trainings, loved working with students, productive and positive environment. Great benefits. Balance of life and work. Rewarded employees well, paid time off.
Working from home affords flexibility and efficiency. No commute is wonderful
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  virtualJune 4, 2018
I am a nurse researcher and have much experience in conducting quality improvement research studies in hospitals. I am able to help NPs earning a doctorate.. and enjoy it immensely. It is a mentor/ teacher role.
I'm loving it
Pros
flexible hours and environment is my own.-anywhere I bring a computer
Cons
visiting professor is not full tiem
Great Environment and Focus on Students
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2018
At Chamberlain, you learn to respect the field of nursing and patient care. You assist potential students in reaching their dreams of entering or advancing in nursing. As a Chamberlain colleague, you can expect both professionalism and appropriate pay.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work with supportive coworkers. Happy management and you were always appreciated. They make sure to take care of everyone from employees and students.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2018
Great staff and supportive leadership and cutting edge education. Loved working with the students and imparting knowledge of my and their chosen careers.