Chamberlain University Employee Reviews

good work place
Visiting Professor-Pediatric Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2019
Current position is as an adjunct visiting professor. role is to guide student nurses in clinical environment. Can be challenging but rewarding as well.
Overall bad experience
ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
company has high turnover rate, policies of work place change everyday and depending on who you ask. Students were not passing Nclexx boards so public feels over priced for school. Not enough staff for amount of work load.
Good place to learn
(2017-2018) Chamberlain College of Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Harpers Ferry, WVJanuary 15, 2019
Good learning opportunity. Flexible schedule. Good review before taking FNP exam. Need to find your own preceptor; which can be hard. I did not earn money while being a student. The hourly rate attached is based upon my perdiem position working while at Chamberlain.
Pros
Online is flexible
Cons
One on one is lacking
Good people, nice atmosphere
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 4, 2019
The company is good. They try everything they can for people to be successful. Management is good. I wasn't suited for the position, but people who are can advance quickly. Good benefits. Recommend giving it a try.
Pros
Benefits, salary, management
not enough money
Clinical Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 4, 2019
I wish this position paid more. I also wish that as a lab specialist there was more respect for the role. overall I loved working in the sim lab. great management, great teamwork.
Failing company
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
The campus president is incompetent, he is never at the campus. Marketing is a joke, the school has been in the area for about ten years and no body knows that the school exists. I worked there for five months before I was laid off because they wanted to restructure their admissions department.
Painful
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2018
Worked as an adjunct online. This is pure sweat shop If you like filling our rubrics till your wrists swell this is the place for you. The courses are canned and you are micromanaged to meet insane quotas. Pay would be OK but for the large classes and massive amounts of grading.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overwork, risk of carpal tunnel, micmanagement, no job security or benefits
No culture of care for anyone. Chamberlain need to take the culture of care off their site and from everything because it’s all a lie. The worst place
Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2018
Talk about cut-throat, it’s there, favoritisms, it’s there, incompetency, it’s there, trade-offs, it’s there, I won’t even bother to talk about the rest. The worst management/leadership ever, from admissions to the president. Go figure?
Pros
Tuition reimbursement.
Cons
The worst leadership.
OK place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2018
Since my team was apart of a start up team it wasn't the best place to work. If the job security was there i would have given it a higher rating. The time of my employment there was too much going on in upper management that eventually caused our team to be laid off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
unstable management
Collaborative attitudes and calm atmosphere
Student Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2018
Collaboration is a key factor when working here. Although at times the schedule gets hectic, the calm attitudes of all the key players in the department makes it bearable.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Loose upper management
I love my manager! They are super supportive !
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 31, 2018
I work remotely. My work is complex and challenges me, and my supervisors are really responsive to me. But they are also really kind and really clear about what their expectations are of me. I really appreciate how clear they are with me. I am never left in the dark. I work as a professor and a course lead. I feel that I have an opportunity to move up in the University. I plan on staying with Chamberlain.
Daily Challenges / Multi-Tasking a Must
Clinical Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2018
Workplace culture is supportive, but other co-workers cannot be of much support due to their own workload. On-boarding is lacking and training for position needs a lot of improvement to get new person in job role up to speed.
Pros
New updates and challenges reguarly occur
Cons
Is difficult to find immediate support for job role with others in the same job.
Great culture
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 22, 2018
Chamberlain promotes work-life balance and provides tools to help colleagues succeed. They need to do better with compensation and benefits. There is a cap on how much you can make if promoted versus an outside hire.
The leadership lacks leaders
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2018
There is a lot of turn over; strong candidates from within are not chosen for leadership roles. Those hiring seek followers not leaders. The student complain about the constant program changes and lack of teachers who are qualified and or actually know the material they teach.
Pros
Contract work
Cons
Poor leadership and professor pool
Poor work environment
Nursing instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
The horrible behaviors among the staff members was unlike anything I had ever seen in my 25 years of nursing! The behaviors were evident to students, as well, leading the next generation of nurses into a poor career beginning.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
numerous
excellent day at work
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2018
The work is excellent. Love teaching. Everything is great about Chamberlain except for the constant changes in the leadership, But that is also an opportunity for learning
Culture of Care
IT Technician and Simulation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Has a great culture of care. Good place to work but just no chance for advancement in the IT Field. If there was a chance for advancement and higher pay it would be ideal.
Pros
Chamberlain Care
Cons
Pay and promotions
Don't believe their Line that Chamberlain Cares
Military Healthcare Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  White House, TNAugust 29, 2018
They care about one thing only - making ever increasing numbers of inquiries in their online degree programs. I worked longer and harder at this job than any other I've ever had. I was once the top performer in our team. Then they changed my territory (4 different alignments in 4.5 years), and increased the demand for numbers. I was not alone in struggling. Half the team is now gone because they could not make their numbers. It is a fault of upper management in my opinion. If you have a family and want to spend time with them, this is NOT the job to take.
new management negatively impacted culture
admission (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 24, 2018
New leadership took over and the amazing culture that was Chamberlain was gone. Senior managers do not listen to their managers or employees, and decisions are poorly communicated to the field. policies are changed far too often, and sometimes with no notice. Promotion criteria changes a couple times a year, so as to not promote too many people.
Pros
Some great people to work for
Cons
Leadership does not grow with the times it is not 2009 anymore
Good for remote work
Account Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 13, 2018
Many quick changes with systems and procedures. Good for remote work, but difficult for networking. Will work with you towards advancement within organization.
Pros
remote work
Cons
insurance benefits & night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamberlain University. Our community is ready to answer.