chambersburg hospital Employee Reviews

Awful Place
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 1, 2018
Management plays favorites, do not care about extenuating circumstances. Pays less than average for the region because they can, coworkers form cliques
Enjoyed working as a student there
RT Student (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 5, 2018
I learned a lot during my time there. Everyone was easy to work with and did a great job helping me become a professional RT. If I had the opportunity to return as a paid employee, I would.
Enjoyed working in all areas of the hospital.
Administrative Assistant, Acute Care Services (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 7, 2018
I worked in a fast paced environment where change happened continually. I had to be prepared to change with the demand of management and remain friendly and calm.

I learned so much about health care during my employment and grateful for the support of the many friends especially when I had to leave my career.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities and provided training
Cons
Fast paced stressful environment, especially during hgh patient volume
Registration receptionist
Registration Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 25, 2018
Enjoyed working with the people! Decent benefits and pay! Hours not bad except for the 10-6
:30 Shift. Did like having to be on the phones all the time for call ahead.
Pros
Union
Cons
Some hours
Big business
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 25, 2018
I worked at Chambersburg with some good people. I felt though the the managers at the time were looking for mistakes instead of trying to help on the unit.I also felt that it was a big business because you had to put in for vacation time a year ahead of time, with no room for spontaneous trips.
Overall, a good hospital
X-Ray Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 21, 2018
Chambersburg Hospital is a great learning hospital. I learned so much as not only a student, but also as an employee. The work environment can be stressful at times, but overall, it is a good hospital.
Pros
Long lunches, excellent Radiologists
Cons
Management, Certain employees, Very limited variety of exams
HIM Coding
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 20, 2018
I have grown as a coder for the Chambersburg Hospital. The mgmt. team are wonderful and are fair. When I make mistakes I get educated. They give a lot of chances to get it right the 2nd time. Quality is important and I should care about what is going out on the bills. The patient is first. People with negative attitudes that don't take the responsibility of being sloppy will have problems with getting info back and will say negative comments about our team. This is the hardest part of the job seeing that. We get recognize monthly when we do a great job. You must keep in mind as a coder we only hear the negatives but you need to remember all the times you didn't hear anything back is the positive. Also we can work from home which is the best benefit that I could every received. We are not micromanaged as a current medical coder mentioned in a previous comment. We have a job to do per our job description.
Pros
Remote coding
HIM Coding
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Love mgmt. Love my job! Love I get paid for education. Love my workload. Love the feedback! I do make mistakes and I get feedback. Love my mgmt. team
Pros
Remote coding
Cons
More time to learn everything
gained a lot of knowledge
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working there for the most part. They do have some awesome staff. I did not care for however the fact that they sometimes picked and chose who they decided to hold accountable.
Fast paced, high turnover of patients
RN - PCU unit (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PADecember 19, 2017
Great teamwork, many great managers, most co workers were easy to work with. From housekeepers , to food service, CNA's, LPN's , fellow RN's , radiology and lab and also volunteers were wonderful group of people. Small town where most know each other.
Pros
good pay, plenty of work
Cons
short breaks, hard to get time off/ scheduling is difficult is you have no seniority
Wonderful work atmosphere
Labor and Delivery/Radiology RN (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PADecember 18, 2017
A wonderful hospital system that is respectful and courteous to its nursing personnel. A beautiful community that cares deeply for its clientele. A great place to work.
It was fun
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 15, 2017
I love doing laundry with the girls I use to work with they was so sweet friendly and kind and I would love to go back and work there again because that my favorite place to be .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Overall I would expect the hospital to be one of the top places to be employed in our area
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 18, 2017
I was hired in dietary as a relief/on call worker but I was given a regular schedule for my available days and times. It started out fine I was happy with the schedule. The dept. itself could become a bit crazy at times with admissions at last minute or low staff. But, I somehow ended up being the only relief worker available and was scheduled every weekend and every Tuesday. which was my only available times due to other obligation I had aside from this job. Everyone else had off every other weekend so I missed out on certain important family times because I could not get off but I was only relief and not getting any benefits for being there in the first place. After a year it got old and I decided to go.
Very good work environment, encouraged learning
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 30, 2017
Always offered support, and encouraged growth.
The management was available for anything or any problem.
The co-workers were very friendly and kind.
Busy, productive unit: PCU
Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 27, 2017
This is a hospital full of opportunities that is a perfect place for anyone to work! there is always something to do or watch, making this perfect for a newly graduated nurse. right now a bachelors degree is not required, so that is a positive!
Very nice people to work with and for
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  HousekeepingSeptember 17, 2017
It is a quick placed workplace but everyone helps everyone else. Management is wonderful in working with employees. It is hard work but rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Paid time off, free lunches, every other holiday and weekend off
accurate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 11, 2017
Typical day at work was doing rounds, responding to disorderly patients, and signing visitors in and out of the hospital after hours. The work environment was very secluded to the rest of the hospital employees that were not security.
suck
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 31, 2017
if i could give it 0 stars i would. i was bullied and lied to the whole time and then not fully compensated for my work then charged for my insurance out of my checks but was not even receiving insurance... horrible place to work and management/ hr is a joke
Cons
short or no breaks, horrible management
Amazing opportunity with endless advancement opportunities
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 30, 2017
This is a great place to work overall. You are presented with the opportunity to learn and grow with Chambersburg Hospital as long as you take your job seriously and take advantage of the many opportunities.
Excellent place for career advancement
Currently Clinical Manager BHU (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg Hospital, PaMay 27, 2017
Excellent opportunities for advancement. A very busy and challenging Unit. Love interacting with patients and staff. Teaching moments with new staff is very rewarding. I have learned excellent leadership skills from the very best.
Pros
Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at chambersburg hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

chambersburg hospital Reviews by Location