Champaign Park District Employee Reviews

KIds were great, hyper conservative staff not so much.
Choreographer/ Stage manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 16, 2018
For a youth theatre things sure did move pretty slow. Truly lacked diversity, and it was apparent. I would have liked a more open, and current approach with working with the children. Other staff were charming, and the building culture was all around supportive. Lack of Artistic, and creative control was tough, but building stronger performers, and strong teacher student relationships made up for it.
Pros
open schedule
Cons
few hours.
Good Place to Work
Day Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 11, 2017
The Champaign Park District has many different job opportunities, from full time to seasonal. They do a good job designing programming for the people of Champaign. Working there is fun, with a lot of different people to encounter every day. The hours are good as well.
Depending upon job it varies
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 24, 2017
As a sports official working adult (or youth) recreation leagues it can be fun unless you have an athlete (majority in adult sports) that think they can still play professionally, but having to "settle" for their local community organization to get their game on. You can be competitive which I enjoy, but taking it extreme like you will play for a national championship then as an official makes the job stressful because they more than likely will be hot headed toward you if mess up.

Working for Park District as Customer service worker, or Assistant Manager of Customer Service at the local aquatic center is a blast. No matter the temperature serving those from enjoying your pool on that hot July (even August) day seeing them enjoy themselves is a treat!
Pros
each job varies
Cons
each job varies
Great learning experience as an intern
Recreation Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 30, 2017
Had the chance to work in different departments and see all aspects of the park district. Helped me understand what all goes into running everything successfully. People were great and very welcoming.
Lots of Fun!
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work! Very fun staff and a lot of fun community events. This is not a desk job and you are always on the move. Great way to interact with the community and it is a rewarding place to work.
Tennis Center where the focus is on fun and teaching
Tennis Instructor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 27, 2017
It is instructors responsibility to keep things fun and engaging.
It is not required, but expected to engage with the public.
Must be good at giving instructions as majority of participants are children.
Alright place
Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 21, 2017
They make you jump through a lot of hoops if you are hired on as "seasonal help." Needs some restructuring but overall a decent place to work when you don't have to deal with doing paperwork.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 27, 2015
Fun work place with good management.
The enjoyable part was meeting new people and working alongside smart kind dedicated people.
Pros
good environment, meeting new people
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work, great people
Pottery Instructor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 20, 2015
I love my job with the Champaign Park District, all of my coworkers are very talented and my supervisors are very professional and helpful. This has been a great place to work and I hope to continue working here for a long time.
Pros
Great environment, people, and facilities
I enjoy the diversity of the clients that I help.
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 23, 2014
The Champaign Park Diditrict is a great place to work for although my posotion is part time and does not offer any benefits. Other than that there is a great bunch of people on our team.
Pros
Wonderful staff, veery diverse
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Fun Workplace
Manager - Douglass Park (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Learn to recreate and understand how recreation plays an important role in society.
Fun and Enjoyable work setting
Special Events Coordinator/Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 27, 2014
Energetic and creative setting. I was able to create and organized special events for the community in a supportive and fun atmosphere.