Champaign Residential Services Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Only good part was working with residents
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 23, 2018
The immediate management is not very strong. I was working 100-120 hrs per week. I would go in Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Worked 7 days a week, getting an afternoon off for appointments was a pain.
Crsi
Support Specialist & Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OH 43078January 11, 2018
The London branch was a really nice county to work in. A few good managers helped. But there were certain people that worked there that just made life bad. People will always try to get the upper hand just to get hours.
For many years I loved the atmosphere and truly loved my job,but the workers changed! The consumers are still great
Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 2, 2018
When you work for a company for almost 15yrs,a person would at least like to feel appreciated! Not to have their hours cut without warning,not to have their position eliminated without being told..I just wanted to serve my consumers!
Complete Joke
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 18, 2017
The clients are wonderful, the other staff and management are a joke. This was a practicum job for me, but after working with my clients I intended to stay on for them. There is so much drama involved in what should be a fun and friendly atmosphere for the client that it's a joke. I am a former manager myself, for over 13 years, and I have never seen such juvenile behavior at any company.
Not so good
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 17, 2017
This company is ran by some not so fair supervisors. Many times they do not hire adequate staff and sad to say many times i was stuck staying over due to not having a relief.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
terrible supervisors
great caring place to work for
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 12, 2017
Loved working for the people. Management was sometimes unfair and inconsistent. But some homes were terrific and cared about your personal life (just depending on the management there) but my experience with a certain home and a certain HQ individual was not good. Was unconcerned with your personal home schedule.
Pros
the consumers.
Cons
inconsistent, no lunch breaks or smoke breaks.
Crsi
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, OHJune 13, 2017
CSRI was a good "starter" job for me. I was still in college and it worked well with my schedule. I worked long hours weekly, but the position gave my down time to get my school work done. This job helped me get through college.
Pros
Good for college schedule
Cons
Did not pay enough, long hours, no benefits
employee interest
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2017
bad company! CRSI does not have employees' interest at stake. very selfish company. there is no wage increment here. i have been working with this company for over 7 years with lee than 0.50 cent wage increase. managers working here like reducing hours of employees as a punishment.
Nice company to work for a college student or someone new to the workforce,but not for a person with a family.
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 25, 2017
The staff I have though minimal, they are dependable, I'm respected and my staff look to me for guidance in adverse situations. The individuals I serve are laid back and they don't have a whole lot of behaviors.
Pros
Cool and fun clients to work with and for
Cons
Too much responsibility, but not enough pay
Crsi is ok
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 2, 2017
This can be a wonderful place to work and very rewarding. However if you have a family, do not work here.
I worked on average 100hrs per week. There are people who work more. Management will make you feel bad if you cant come in.
Pros
Plenty of Over time
Cons
No breaks, weekly 2 hour meetings
An awesome place to work if caring for others is your forte.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 31, 2016
I loved working for Champaign Residential Services, Inc. The experience gave me an awesome outlook in regards to putting your heart before your pay. The company provides services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities both at their homes and abroad. The hardest part of my job was getting my co-workers to have a Goodlife outlook on the actual job we were doing. The management of CRSI is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the Individuals faces everyday!
I would not recommend this company to anyone. It should be shut down.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJuly 13, 2016
This company treats its hands on employees with no respect or incentives of any kind. Its a physically, mentally and emotionally demanding job and pays barely above minimum wage. Not only do they under pay their employees, but they also overwork them to the point of exhaustion and utter frustration. They do not abide by the state regulations for ratios of staff to consumers and therefore the paying consumers do not get proper care. The upper management has no idea what the job entails and all the blood, sweat and tears that go into this hard working job. They are corrupt and greedy and the business should be shut down.
Pros
the consumers win your heart
Cons
pay, expectation, no support
Ok
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHMarch 4, 2016
i liked working with this company they just dont pay enough. doin a nurses job for very little pay is no fun. some of my coworkers werent very good workers and its hard to work when there are only 2 or 3 of us working and your stuck doin all the work by your self also no benefits whatsoever.
Productive work place
PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 1, 2015
Helping the consumers with their everyday routines such as feeding, bathing, dressing, oral care and daily book programs. I've learned that everyone is the same just that some people need a little more help than others. Management was terrific and just being around the consumers and they learn to grow attached and you build a bond with the consumers.
not a good place to be employed
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHApril 29, 2015
They were always under staffed, management is constantly changing. Told me I was getting promoted even looked at my schedule with me to change it for the promotion, then gave the job to a family member of someone in corporate.
I seen a lot of things that should not have been happening. Some of them illegal.
The worst part about all of this is, its the consumers who are not being taken care of properly. They are the ones who suffer.
Pros
meeting the consumers, falling in love with them, and making you take a good look at your own life.
Cons
short or no breaks, sometimes no lunches.
Decent Place To Work
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 13, 2014
Working with this company was okay. It was a job. The company doesn't offer really any benefits to employees.
Pros
Working with individuals with developmental disabilites, rewarding atmosphere
Cons
Bad management, no pay increases, no employee benefits
Very rewarding job
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OhioFebruary 28, 2014
Worked with individuals with disabilities and placed employees in their homes to help to take care of them. I worked in HR so I had a variety of work to be done. I learned to respect all individuals and learned to be more compassionate. I enjoyed management and all of my co-workers, everyone really worked together to help out in all areas needed. Hardest part of the job for me was my drive to work, I left do to finding a job closer to home that paid more.
Pros
Environment, Human Resourse position
Cons
drive time
it's an okay job to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 28, 2013
This job has taught me the importance in taking care of people.
right out of high school it was a great job
Group Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJuly 4, 2013
I learned the daily operations of getting a newspaper to print edition
Pros
laid back enviroment, everyone got along
Cons
it was low pay but that was years ago
Love the consumers
Staff (Former Employee) –  Urbana ohioMay 15, 2013
There is a disconnect from upper management. It is being run to the ground by people that cannot take the time to observe what is really going on with their consumers. CRSI does not invest the funds in their services to their clients.