Champion National Security, Inc. Employee Reviews

Champion was a good learning experience.
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 18, 2019
Champion was a good learning experience. I basically trained myself on trial and era. I was scheduler, receptionist, time aprover, attendence watcher, and administrative assistant time the branch manager.
Pros
Referral bonus
Cons
Training
Poor management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2019
Terrible place to work!! Run! I would recommend not wasting your time . Management has no clue. Pay is low and you are expected to lie to clients on a daily basis.
Good job
Front gate guard (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 2, 2019
It was a nice job and environment all of the other employees were respectful and also kind. The rotation of the was relaxed because everyone champion hired was reliable and dependable.
Working with champion
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2019
Champion was a great company. My time with manny Morales the account manager was great so was my supervisor ponciano I left the company due to a family emergency ponciano got my job back for me I left the company due to moving for my wife's job if you are looking for a career start in the private security industry give them a call I enjoyed it very much if I could go back I would they take care of there employees my only note for you as a potential employee is take time to talk with them before leaving even if it's an emergency you will want to have them in the future
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
A rapidly growing company in decline
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2019
If you are tired of just being a faceless number ala Securitas or G4S, Champion National security would have been the perfect fit for you before they started their rapid growth. Not anymore. Champion today seems to be on a path to imitate the absolute worst of the big three security providers in terms of employee engagement and satisfaction, while still not managing to break free of the limitations of a small company.

I can not recommend Champion National Security to anyone as a career option unless they undergo a massive culture shift at some point in the near future. Employee pay is average to below average. Employee benefits are non-existent. Employee training is laughable at all levels from entry level security guards up to management.
Pros
Any easy door into the security world
Cons
A Dead End
Very few nice people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2019
The scheduler is not very professional. The night answering service to call into work are rude. Don't work at the Dallas Zoo unless they have a new Post Commander.
Pros
Met some nice people.
Cons
Pay at some post was too low for the amount of work needed to be done.
negative work environment
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 20, 2019
Negative work environment, poor management, no benefits. Some of my immediate co workers were nice, but negativity starts from upper management and is contagious. It is difficult to grow in a toxic work environment.
Pros
work 8-4
Cons
no benefits, negative work environment
Better than unemployment
Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2019
Typical Security company. Charge you for uniform. No real medical benefits, and what is offered is very expensive. No training beyond Level II, which they charge you for. 1 week vacation only after a year of full
Pros
Weekly paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.
Lack of communication
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2019
They changed your schedule without notice. If you can’t make a post, they will take you off for the next few days as well (without notice). They send you to different posts (which is fine) however when your working 7 hours at ONE location and then 4 1/2 hours at another location you hours don’t exceed 35 hours typically. When hired it says you’ll be making $11 but really it’s $10 or each post may vary (but they don’t rely that information to you. Worst decision I made hands DOWN
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management, paychecks were short
They pay you more than fast food. Sew your own uniform. Better than unemployment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Champion was... interesting. I had a hard time with the uniform, they are all men's clothes, so if you're a female like me, especially a curvy one, the fit is... awkward, like you're a kid wearing your dad's clothes. The pants are unfinished, you are expected to hem the legs to match your height, and some of the seams were split, so you have to sew those, too. Or, if not handy with a needle and thread, you can take them to a dry cleaner to have them done for you, at your expense. You also pay for this uniform, which you have to give back when you leave the job, and you only get part of what you paid back. Pay is $9 an hour, so slightly better than fast food, and you're not slaving away behind a hot stove. If you take a position as a rover, you're using your own car, and are reimbursed for the gas... to some extent. But, I will say, I enjoyed the peace and quiet, especially for the night jobs, and there were some that were local, so that was good. If you can get over the uniform, it's certainly not the worst way to make money.
Pros
Quiet, pays more than fast food
Cons
You pay for a uniform you have to sew together, and can't keep.
Dangerous environment
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2019
It's a ok job just do your work an go home observe report be safe dangerous location shoplifting everyday store manager will telling you for everything so only do what you're getting paid for do not help the store with their work
Pros
15 mins break no good
Cons
Weekly paid
this is one of the most horrible companies.nobody can I can live off this $12 hour this ain't 1965year
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 24, 2019
this is one of the most horrible companies.
nobody can I can live off this.
$12 hour this ain't 1965 year. No raise they work you to death they very disrespectful they do not understand you and they do not appreciate your hard work and dedication.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Fun, great people, great experience
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSJanuary 19, 2019
Relaxing, comfortable, great people to work with, always something new, fast pace at times, nothing hard, exciting most times. Good place to start if you trying to get through school
Stay away from this company
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 21, 2018
This company does not car about any of their workers. The location in St.louis moved like 3 times. They hold your 1st paycheck back over a month. They do not offer direct deposit you must use their pay card or nothing at all....
Pros
Cons
poor management
Nice People to work with
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2018
With Champion, you will rise up quickly if you are independent, fast learner, reliable and responsive.The pay is not great but most security companies are the same.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2018
Managment is great. Some of the locations are ok. Not every job is at a construction site some are high rise office and hotel's. Only patrol has cars provided
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Some of the post are in bad parts of town. And your unarmed
exhilarating
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2018
Was able to obtain complete working knowledge of security including full perimeter observation, personal custody of client property. also exposed to protection of all clients, employees; and transportation fleet.
Horrible its what tou make it
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2018
Theres no structure when it comes to scheduling they put you in diffrenr post in one week that needs to change also they sont put you at one post your hours are all over the place
Not Worth The headache
" Security Officer " (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 17, 2018
Unarmed IS A CONCIERGE JOB! It is not security! It is really not worth the headache. They tell you one thing and do another. people disrespect you. They give you one shift worth of some training and throw you under the bus. Dispatch is nowhere near helpful, and always rude for the most part. Do Not Do it. If you think this is going to be stress-free, then you're in for a rude awakening.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Reviewed
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2018
Management Simply doesn't care about you. All they want is for you to work your hours so they can get paid. They get paid by the hour for you being on your post just like you do. You just make way less per hour.They also don't evaluate you for a raise, you have to request one. All other companies that I have worked for do it for you (they already knew it was time for your raise and they evaluated you automatically). Scheduling was not on point was neither was dispatch. Over all I would give the Company 2 out of 10 stars.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champion National Security, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9