Champlain College Employee Reviews

ART GALLERY EVENT & ARTIST RESIDENCY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 7, 2018
Great work environment, loved spending time in the gallery with coworkers, learned a lot more about art, great boss, events were very fun, cool meeting traveling artists
Pros
Great co-workers, relaxed
Cons
Didn't learn as much as I would have liked
Great school.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students. The faculty and staff are a pleasure to work with as well and the campus is beautiful.
Pros
Work place
Cons
Long drive to and from school.
Champlain College had fine leadership during the years I worked there.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 10, 2018
This college had a vision to become one of the leading digital technology colleges in the northeast, without losing its basic canon of courses and degrees. They did a great job with this transition and their fine work continues today.
Pros
Very nice campus, innovative, and creative.
Cons
low compensation for adjunct teachers during the time I worked there
work study student
Office Assistant, Switchboard Operator, Finance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 17, 2017
It is very even keeled in the student accounts dept usually. It get busier when it is time for the kids to enroll in classes and get the financial aid paid.
Pros
good co-workers.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 5, 2017
Great Place to work. There is no micromanagement. I work online at my own pace. the deans and management are very responsive. The students are also nice and courteous.
Low Pay
Core Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  VTOctober 2, 2017
Loved the job, but the pay was quite low, even for the typically low adjunction pay. Other faculty are very kind and helpful. There is near total autonomy to create your courses as you like.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay
It's great and involving sCollege
Peer Career Coach (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 16, 2017
I go to school at Champlain College, I receive a lot of support from the school, and the people that work there are great. They have a beautiful culture, its layback and outgoing.
Great Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 31, 2017
Champlain was a fun place to work and volunteer at during my time spent there. Being a Peer Advisor and Publishing Intern really helped me gain some of the skills I need today.
relaxed setting
Receptionist, Student Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 8, 2017
My typical day would be to go to class and afterward go the my reception job. While I was working as a receptionist, I was also encourage to work on my homework when there were no other students needing to schedule a session with a tutor. I enjoyed this position very much. There were not hard part in this job.
Pros
was being rewarded to do my homework while working
Cons
There was really no cons to this positin
Great job, just not enough work.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 25, 2017
Working off location made working for Champlain College as easy as opening my laptop. A few times per week my supervisor would email me work to do for the landing page for the Communications and Creative Media Division. This would include creating content for the main slider on the homepage and occasionally writing my story covering an event or documentary 0-5 hours per week.
I would meet with my supervisor for additional work such as creating a large poster advertising a new program within the CCM Division 2-3 times per month
Pros
Exposure, Experience, Off-Location
Cons
Not Enough Work
Simple Position, Perfect for a Student
Audio Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 21, 2017
I got this position through the work study program at Champlain College. I applied online and got a response very quickly. After a simple meeting with my manager, I was set to start working. The hours were perfect, and did not interfere with my schedule.
Masters Teaching - Review
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 3, 2017
The Champlain College community is a great community to work with, even as a non-full time instructor. There is a great diversity of faculty and studies which makes for a welcoming environment and enriching one to be part of as a teacher and life-long learner
Resident Assistant
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 27, 2016
This job is basically being a mom, and finding that balance between being the "good cop" and the "bad cop" because you want to be someone residents can go to, but also do your job in reinforcing the rules of the school.
Adjunct Professor and Course Developer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 19, 2016
Lets you bring new material to teach. Allows an open forum to bring new ideas. Very easy to get along with and not micromanaged. Promotes a good environment.
pleasant campus
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Vermont, USASeptember 1, 2015
Although a small campus was very pleasant place to work. responded to all emergencies on campus and was responsible for security of the campus.
Pros
Pleasant work place
Cons
Employed by outside contractor
Fun Place to work
Intramural Sports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 2, 2015
Champlain College is a fun place to work and a great way to stay active and meet many different members of the community. A very friendly work place
It was a nice place to work
Reformatting the current volunteer program (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 13, 2015
I was meeting new organizations and making connections through my internship. A typical day involved arranging meetings and scheduling appointments. I learned how to keep track of my appointments and learned time management.

The management was amazing. I loved working there the supervisor that I had was really great. She worked to make the job enjoyable and I was given freedom to work on my own projects and she checked in at the agreed upon intervals.

I worked on my own most of the time both in the office and out. I was the only representative for Champlain College at my meetings.

The hardest part of the job was finding a mutual time that worked for the community partners and myself.

I really liked getting out in the community and interacting with the different non profits in the Burlington area.
Pros
I was encouraged to take on many new tasks
Cons
It ended to soon
4-Year Private Institution with Great Co-Workers
Assistant Director in Student Life Division (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 19, 2014
Champlain College is a decent employer, but suffers from poor management at the top levels. The school is too student friendly and hand-holding; employees feel as though they are working for a high school or middle school at times as opposed to an institution of higher education.
Easy work study where you have plenty of time to get work done.
Risk Analysis Intern (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Champlain College as part of the federal work study program. It was an easy job where I helped keep the fitness center clean as well as check equipment in and out.
A good learning environement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 19, 2014
Working as an office assistant for Champlain College allowed me to gain more understanding of familiarize myself with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Datatel.

On one hand, it was great to know how much I was doing to help the office run smoothly and efficiently, but on the other hand, it was frustrating to know how much more work I was doing than my supervisors.