Champlain Farms Employee Reviews

The company doesnt care about there employees
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlee, VTAugust 18, 2019
Opened the store 2 days a week closed 3 nights a week. The manager at the time didnt do a ever good job and the manager above her in my opinion is racist accused me of having a stolen credit card and getting cigarettes with said card just because it was my brand of choose.
Got to play music that was appropriate and I got to interact with customers
Manger (Former Employee) –  Winooski, VTApril 18, 2019
Got to play music that was appropriate and I got to interact with customersGot quarterly bonuses. I’ve got 10% discount sometimes the company would give you a promotion like free T-shirt three mugs vendors will also hook you up with free samples
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Worked a lot sometimes my weeks ago almost in to the 60 hour range if I can find help
Very unsanitary and gross
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swanton, VTFebruary 4, 2019
Would not reccomend working there it is very disorganized, and will get stuck working overnights when you’ve worked all day because workers and management don’t care
Slow-Paced business with somewhat of angry customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairlee, VTAugust 22, 2018
Besides dealing with some angry customers every now or then, or rushing out the store to deal with people who cannot work the gas pumps while you have customers inside the store the job is pretty ok and most people who do come into the store are nice for the most part and don't take up other customers time when there are alot of other customers waiting in line. The pay is low for the amount of hours you work but i cant complain about a paycheck.
Pros
Long breaks, relaxed environment
Cons
basic security cameras that sometimes dont work, poor wages, dealing with angry customers
It was okay
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bethel, VTAugust 13, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. Unless you like sitting around. This job is very stressful due to management and co-workers. It’s good to have experience before walking into a job like this.
Pros
Slow
Cons
No breaks, not enough things to do
The opportunity for a career and advancement is there
Employee (Current Employee) –  VTJuly 25, 2018
It's fun to work with the public for the most part. There is always something to do and keeping busy is not a problem. If you are honest, reliable, a team player, have good work ethic, want to learn, advance in the company, the opportunity is definitely there but you must work and earn it. Managers are continuously put through the ringer by employees with bad work ethic, lack of integrity and morals and misconduct making for a high turnover rate. It's unfair to blame the company and their managers for employees not wanting to actually do the work they are hired to do and earn an honest living.
Pros
Great support from Supervisor, discount, free coffee, room for advancement
Cons
Customers are very demanding, health insurance is available but unaffordable, lack of working employees if any, scarecrow staff, supervisors are overworked, managers are always on call never knowing if someone is going to show up to work their shift, calls all hours of the day or night.
Getting to know all the customers by name was a joy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, VTJuly 20, 2018
my typical day at work was brew coffee and make sure breakfast is ready for them. Help customers with their transactions of debit and credit in a timely manor before they rush to their jobs. Very friendly customers and atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Had to stop working after construction. My hours were cut down.
Sad and boring
3rd shift associate (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTJuly 13, 2018
Management was absolutely terrible. Manager stole and slept on the job. She wasnt even fired until a few months ago
I don't recommend this place to anyone to apply.
Cons
Bad people
Temporary
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 3, 2018
This was a temporary job and a few co-workers and the manager was very nice in one location. However, at one of the other locations, I was uncomfortable by how the men running the business were treating me, as they were all in the family.
Pros
Nothing.
fun, upbeat, strict.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTMay 24, 2018
For the most part I enjoyed working there. The staff was like my family. I was always on my feet and doing something whether it be cleaning, talking to customers, or doing anything I can to help in the store, I was never sitting and never bored. I made a lot of friends from working there and had many regulars. Apart from all of the good stuff, hours are very strict and there's no overtime unless you're working a holiday or you have to extend your shift due to someone not showing up or being late. Being that it is a chain store, managers do not have power over wage, so it is difficult to get a raise when asked.
Pros
Discount on items, Socializing, quick pace
Cons
wage, hours
Needs work
Closing Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 26, 2018
They are rude to their employer's. They treat them disrespectful.
The duties you do are easy to do but if you run into a problem it's impossible to get a hold of a manager or the store manager.
Was a good job when I wanted to return to the workforce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enosburg Falls, VTDecember 20, 2017
Champlain Farms did give me a job when I first came back to the workplace, but after working at Hannaford for a year I was promoted to manager and could no longer work at both places.
It was relaxed.
store closer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 11, 2017
It was a relaxed work place but was not a career. A typical day required managing the store, dealing with customers and making sure the pumps where safely operated.
Pros
Discout
Cons
low pay
slow paced, and unpredictable
Assistant manager/ Deli (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 28, 2017
The location of champlain farms that i had worked at was a very unpredictable place to work especially working third shift. The location where i had worked you had to know how to handle situations and know how to problem solve at the snap of your finger. There were drunks, and homeless people. We would also have thieves all the time and people who would sleep outside. So knowing how to handle all of this was part of the job, But i didn't mind doing all of this because I'm a quick thinker.
Very busy
clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTSeptember 20, 2017
every day you would have to make sure to stock the coolers the cooler was always unorganized, it was also a deli so on top of working the register you were also prepping for next day or even making food for customers always had one person on staff never two...
Custmers were good
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTAugust 9, 2017
Love the customers a lot.work a lot by myself. Had a lot of work to do open and close the store by myself a lot. Had to do a lot of cooking and cleaning. A lot of drive offs. Because you were by yourself. Didn't have breaks or lunch..
store to small
Assistant Managetr (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTJune 26, 2017
the store is to small no place to put anything,customers were great, team good when u can keep help,managment was there when needed,they need to update equipment an store
Pros
benifits
Cons
store to small
Positive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Swanton, VTMarch 31, 2017
Very laid back work environment if you run into any problems the management is there to help great employees. Customers really appreciate the employees and have a close relationship with so not only employees care about Champlain farms so do the customers
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not a lot if availablty for 1st shift
love how it was a fast pace for deli
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 1, 2017
i love this store because of the fast pace deli it had. we made everything homemade and i being there. i love the summer there next to the beach. doing the daily paperwork and the daily deposits
productive day love my customers
Deli Clerk and cashier (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, VTDecember 11, 2016
typical day---- running for 8 hrs. no breaks I have a lot of skills threw out my years of work in different places not there no words for management co-workers are lazy play on cell phones smoke and don't to there jobs hardest part doing my job and everyone else and not having equipment that works enjoyable part of my day is my regular customers
Pros
get 10% off
Cons
alot to many to mention