Champlain Housing Trust Employee Reviews

Most of the people were awesome at CHT
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 9, 2018
This job was very busy but a lot of fun. It was inspiring to be able to help out the low-income people to go from homeless to owning their own homes.
Interesting work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 22, 2018
Always something new to deal with. Always lots to do and most of the tenants were really good people and fun too connect with. Enjoyed working there and probably would still be there if not for family relocation.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much work for number of maintenance guys in 2013.
Great collaboration, fun but focused on the mission
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 28, 2017
CHT is a large non-profit providing an array of affordable housing opportunities to folks who might not otherwise be able to rent a decent apartment or purchase a home. It is a very satisfying place to work because the focus is on working together in all departments to accomplish this mission. I learned so much while working there, and would work there still if I hadn't had to relocate for family reasons.

Work/life balance is respected, and to make up for relatively static pay rates, the time off is very generous.
Pros
great culture, very welcoming
Cons
non-profit pay rates
Wonderful Experience
Real Estate Development and Management Committee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 15, 2017
The CEO asked me to join a management committee overseeing all of the affordable housing projects in the greater Burlington area and I have had nothing but positive things to say about this organization. Their commitment to excellence and humble outlook on the lives of others has been something I will carry with me where ever I end up in life.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 18, 2014
Champlain Housing Trust is a fun place to work with fun benefits and great work environment.
Pros
Birthday and anniversaries celebrations
Cons
Seniority