Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,159 reviews matching the search See all 1,254 reviews
Working hard but not getting the hours I deserve
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  122 s stateJune 15, 2018
They Showed favoritism to different employees such as hours wide and working wise like I wasn’t getting as many hours as I deserved and work hard for
Pros
Building the place from start to finish
Cons
Favoritism and giving out hours
loved this job!
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INJune 15, 2018
If you are someone who Is looking to work in a team based environment and with others this is the job for you. I learned so much working here that I can apply to my everyday life.
Pros
overtime
Cons
fast paced
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 15, 2018
very laid back job. they was will to teach on all levels. Management was great. upbeat fast pace. nothing was hard about this job. it was always fun..
Pros
good all around job
Cons
noe
fun pace to work at
Full time sales (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 14, 2018
good environment to work at, the team and the management work well together. Employee benefits are offered.Standing during the whole shift and might lift a couple of heavier boxes but all in all a good environment
Working experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 14, 2018
You don’t get paid that much you can’t live off of their checks and you won’t get any hours there the management is ok but it could have been a lot better
Pros
Discount, easy work
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Fun and competitive work environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 14, 2018
My time at Champs was so fun. I had never worked with shoes like these before so it was a great place to learn something new. Coworkers were helpful and fun to work with.
Productive and Positive
cashier and a sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 14, 2018
A typical day would be processing new shipment, checking in shipment, helping customers find shoes or clothing that they were looking for, keeping store clean, and up to date on current styles. I learned how to be team worker and not every customer doesn't deserve an action. The most enjoyable part was actually enjoying my job and the people I worked with.
Pros
Helping a customers
Cons
Rude customers
ok
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 12, 2018
too long ago to remember this place only worked there as a summer job and was pretty nice with a nice discount only worked 4 hours a day and was part time.
My experience.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 12, 2018
this is a excellent company to work for . sometimes it can be tough and sometimes it can be really fun . overall if you enjoy being in front of people or helping people this will be the excellent spot .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Shorty breaks
Great Working Envirnoment
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2018
Too Much Pressure From Management. They worry more about they're sales then employees, but some managers are very understanding and willing to help out when needed.
retail
Full-time Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2018
a typical day was just to sale shoes, clothes, hats and insoles. I learn that a lot of people trust what the worker says when it comes to shoes. As a manager we stuck together and made sure everyone was doing there job.The culture was nice. we all got along and was motivated. hardest part was probably shipment. if you mess up the count it could cause a huge issue.The best part was having most sales competitions.
a day at champs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 7, 2018
Majority of tie is spent organizing merchandise in the store and an occasional sale. Then you had numbers to meet, which they do help you learn to meet those numbers. Training is simply reading for hours. No job security.
Productive and fun day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 6, 2018
pretty easy going steady busy. flexible schedule, fun staff and management . upper management always around to check on progress of the business. recommend applying
Awesome Workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 5, 2018
- they train you well & give employees a great discount. Hours were always perfect & the management & team members are so great. Good breaks & patience when it comes to customers is key.
Pros
Deals, Great Workplace, Shoes, Clothes
Cons
Covering other peoples shifts
Good working environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 5, 2018
During a typical day at work we would start off with going around the store and cleaning up anything that wasn't cleaned or fixed during closing the night because then we would start to do the shipment unless it is really busy then we would get to each and every customer first. I learn something new every time I come in for my shift either from my manager or just a coworker. The workplace culture are the values of helping our customers and find the item they are looking for even if we don't have it in store. There really isn't a hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day and making their day if they were having a bad one because they could not find the item they were looking for in different stores.
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Working here was good for a first time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 4, 2018
I was employed at Champs Sports for about 3 years and received one promotion after 2 and a half years. Throughout my time there, I was trained and expected to do more work than listed in my specific title.
Favorite job i had before my degree
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 4, 2018
I had a great experience at champs. the management was great payment was fair for the job. there was a very team-oriented atmosphere which made going to work enjoyable.
Fun place to work, manager not flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Potomac, MDJune 3, 2018
I loved working at Champs Sports, it was inviting and easy to learn how to do my job. They had videos and tests I would take in order to be doing the best job I could do. Videos on assisting customers all the way to tests on how to arrange the store.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Short breaks, none flexible hours
I enjoy the people I work with and my customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 3, 2018
Flexible hours if I need to take off to do something for school they’ll let me. Or if I need to do that needs to be takin care like personal health care.
Pros
Great team and great environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Champs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2018
I honestly really loved working here. What I loved most about it, was the people I got to work with. It is all about who you work with, that can either make or break a job. Everyone was on the same page, and I really believe that that flow was from our great manager. It was a great job to work on your people skills and to just help others find something that they really would love.