Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search See all 1,377 reviews
Exciting and fun
Store Manager/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Who wouldn't want to work at a place where you spoke about sports for eight hours. The commissions were fantastic. The customers were friendly, and coworkers were supportive.
A very fast paced work environment. Love that you get to enteract with different people on a daily basis.
Direct stock worker on assembly of merchandise (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
ChampsSports is a great company. I would recommend this job to anyone whom love interacting with different people. Plenty of room for growth in a very successful business.
Pros
Employee discount
Competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I worked here during my time in high school and even though you made hourly minimum wage, you were able to make up for it by selling and making commission.
Fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 14, 2018
A typical day was very slow but a lot of stocking to do
I learned to engaged more with costumers
Everyone would get along with each other
Nothing was hard
We would enjoy interacting with new costumers
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Overall Champs Experience
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Great experience in a working environment as I grew up in high school and throughout my early college years. Learned how to deal with all types of people as well as maximize profits.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours & Pay Fluctuations based off Sales
Productive and fast-paced environment to work in.
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day consisted of greeting customer's, asking their interests, leading them to their desired department, locating specific styles and sizes of merchandise, stocking and counting inventory. I learned a lot about customer service through working at Champs and the management always led employees to success The workplace culture was easy-going and collaborative.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only 3% commission
Champs Sports
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 11, 2018
Champs Sports is a great place to work. It provides employees with major benefits and discounts. They also provide employees with opportunities to move up in the rankings within the company.
Fun workplace, constantly busy, very flexible and works with your personal schedule
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2018
Champs is a very fun environment to work in. Management is very understanding and try to accommodate to a schedule that best fits you. Gives you an opportunity to interact with every customer that comes in. Teaches you communication, sales, and persuasive skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun workplace
Cons
Few benefits, low income
Champs retail experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 5, 2018
If you like to communicate with others and are an outgoing person then this is the job for you. This job is great if you are good with people. Not recommended if not.
Fun first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Great first job, but not very convenient because it’s based on commission and if you don’t sell 265 an hour you make 7.25 an hour. When there are no customers it’s basically impossible to make commission.

Want to know more about Champs Sports?

Ask a question
Draining work environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2018
It’s started out a fun solid work place and everyone came together as a team, but when they brought in new management everything started falling apart. The old management was the ones doing all the work and willing to help others out while the new management stand around and boss people around.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No communication, security hit on you, have no hours
competitive
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 31, 2018
very fast paced at champs and very competitive day to day is different at champs due to customers and their many personalities the work culture is great because with you co workers you get to know their taste in sneakers
Pros
discount
fast pace and productive workplace filled with teamwork and independent duties
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 30, 2018
I’ve come to love my time working in retail with people and shoes. I especially love working in an all males place because they seem to know exactly what they want before they come in. not picky or choosy like girls and don’t take forever to make up their mind. my coworkers are great and though some problems come up from time to time we still all know how to handle the situation with respect. I truly love my job I love helping people and knowing I helped them find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
bad hours, favoritism affecting management
manager
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
The team was one of the most easy to get along with and we alway had fun but always got the job done at the end of the day. We grew a lot together and many room to advance.
Relaxed work enviorment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 30, 2018
Good place to work for high school and college students. Low wages but great discount on products. Overall I have enjoyed working for them over the years.
Tv in the store
Sales (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 30, 2018
In overall experience champs spirts can need a lil more exciting shoes or equipment to the store , for an example more jerseys and better release to all stores for sales can boost up.
High levels of customer satisfaction
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 28, 2018
Primary responsibilities for Champs Sports sales associate positions involve operation cash registers, assisting customers with sale
stocking and organizing shelves. Champs Sports sales associates generally work on foot for long periods of time.
Pros
the more you sale the more hours you get to work
Cons
the less you sale the less hours you get to work
Champs was a part time job for me because I was going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 25, 2018
The years I have put in with Champs gave me a lot of customer services experience. I learned to be open to questions and be understanding of the situation of life. Why people have bad days and good days.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Active Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time being there. It was a easy job to be active with the customers when they needed help on finding products in the store. I enjoyed being able to always work.
Productive and fun but management is a problem
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2018
Job wasn't difficult and co-workers were proactive and friendly however management was atrocious. Absolute lack of leadership and especially accountability. Quick to blame while slow to actually lead. They sit on ladders like statues constantly on their phones and bark out instructions all day while barely assisting in keeping the store moving and flowing.
Pros
Co workers