Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search See all 1,435 reviews
work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 11, 2018
Most days were slow due to low traffic. I learned to communicate with customers and how to use a cash register to handle money transactions. Hardest part of the job was the stress that came from it.
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 10, 2018
Very fun work environment. Manger is great. Would most definitely be the right job for you if you love and know a lot about shoes and clothes. Very easy job too do.
Pros
eveythingy is great
Cons
only con is rude people
Great coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 9, 2018
The hardest part of the job is having to Go to work and be prepared to deal with customers who have no respect but other than that the environment is cool
Pros
Discounts
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60603December 9, 2018
The best job you can have as a 17 year old young man in high school because not only are you allowed a discount but the workplace was downtown so you meet new people everyday from all over.
Pros
charging station
Cons
short breaks
Good for part timers
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2018
I really enjoy working for champs. It is difficult to move up after becoming an assistant manager, but if one is looking for 30 hours a week, this is a perfect position.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Sent home early
Great place to work I would love to return
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 2, 2018
Great place I worked hard when I worked for champs. Meet some of the most amazing people and hear the the craziest stories from the costumers . I love working for champs and if I had ah chance I would do it again.
Champs Sports was always a place I wanted to work because I love shoes.
FT Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
At Champs Sports I bonded with a lot of people. I earned a lot of new things everyday, dealt with tough things due to retail. But overall, it was a great experience for retail.
fast paced
Stock Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
I was a stock room manager that had to organize the stock room and manage a team of 3 to 5 people. Work was fast paced and we all had to stay organized
unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 27, 2018
The management and team are not very good to work for. Other employees take your commission when they check customers out. They don't give you many hours to work, so not good for individuals looking for a full time job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor customer service
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 23, 2018
Great company to work for while being in school. Worked here after school and on weekends and it was fun working in a mall. Got discounts on shoes so it was every persons dream.
Pros
discounts, commission
Cons
Hours
good retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 20, 2018
Working for champs you really learn to be patient and how crazy the world can be. we also learned great sportsmanship and the staff always felt like family.
Pros
good commission
Cons
hours working were ridiculous
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 19, 2018
The money was really good, plus the flexibility of working hours was great I can say with the upmost honesty that champs was a very great job with great working benifita
fun space to interact with customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 12, 2018
lack of loyalty from company side hurt but extra time from finishing tasks quickly meant more time to help customers, which is never a bad thing. Whether someone had a degree or not mattered little for advancement. People were promoted regardless of work ethic and was based upon numbers.
awesome job horrible managment at dadeland mall
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
Awesome job to have company itself good however east coast florida regional manager horrific and dadeland mall horrible full of favortism and unfairness.
Fun job, but it's a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 11, 2018
It was losing business and slow 5 days a week. While here I learned how to sell but the other employees often took my sales because none of us got paid enough with our hourly wages. It was a negative place to work because one manager quit after working there for 3 months and the replacement is worse. The manager is too friendly with some of the employees and they just mess around all day and leave the mess to the evening crew. The manager also was no help in getting me my pay stubs and stuff like that. The hardest part of the job is selling because a lot of the merchandise is overpriced. The most enjoyable part of it was talking about the manager with my 2 favorite coworkers.
Pros
30% off
Cons
little to no hours, manager is dumb
nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 11, 2018
of all the mall stores, youre encouraged to sell but positively . the management is great and the people you work with are chill and its a nice place to work. you dont have to dread going in because of your coworkers or your boss
fast-paced, productivity-driven environment
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2018
Involved assisting customers all day, and pushing add-ons at the register. when store closed we were responsible for cleaning the entire store, sometimes stayed late. needed to work long hours in order to make a decent check.
Pros
decent money, good discounts
Cons
long hours, catty customers
hours
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2018
Champs Sports is a retailer having to work weekends for peak business. When I worked there weekly work hours were usually 45 hours without overtime pay.
Pros
discounts on sports apparel & equipment
Cons
hours
Productive workplace with the opportunity to progress.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Working at champs sports for the past 3 years has been an enlightening experience. I have learned more about myself through working with the many personailities that I have encountered through managers and associates.
If you love working fast past this is for you..
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDNovember 7, 2018
Champs Sports was an amazing job I’ve ever had. It is a rush especially during holiday season. You learn so much about sports, shoes, brands, companies etc. You learn about numbers and so on, most importantly you learn about customer service. Champs Sports is the way to go if you want to go to retail.