Champs Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,361 reviews matching the search See all 1,488 reviews
It is overwhelmingly corporate.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2019
Great job, but the moment you advance, your love for it will die. they deem everyone replaceable which is great for a machine, not a customer oriented business.
Fun and adventurous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 10, 2019
Good place to work at times it can get busy but your team always have your back. The best times i like being there is around Christmas and income tax time because that’s when the store just gets crazy it’s fun being in an very busy environment
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Its a great place to work if you care a lot about shoes and want to interact with people and meet others that enjoy the same thing that you do. Its fun and calm.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun work place
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 1, 2019
Management and staff made the work days enjoyable. Shadowing other employees on first days made the transition much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job were the relationships you built
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 31, 2019
champs a job for part time or people just looking to get a little extra money. if youre wanting to have fun and just sale shoes, champs is for you, but I just wanted better opportunities.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I loved working there. I made good money and had fun. I was lucky to work with really cool and fun people. But even if you aren't lucky, the money is good and the environment is chill.
Horrible job everyone complains poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 28, 2019
The champs in Westland mall was a horrible job. The managers think they have more power and treat the employees low. All the employees were always complaining about the main manager and how they were being treated. When you first get the job they’ll treat you so good just to get you fooled give it some time before there rolling there eyes at you .there was occasions where the manager would scream at the employees in front of costumers but not just that at the costumers as well an embarrassment. If was not their way it wasnt any way. Super tough on you to make sure you were doing everything perfect , couldn’t make a simple mistake and if you did it was Like the world was going to come to an end. They wouldn’t even let you breathe they could do whatever they want but don’t you dare even crack a joke . Just treated the employees or their little friends good but everyone else was treated very badly . Everyone talks about quitting and how they hate the job . Super dramatic job too always gossiping about one another . They’ll also use you make you feel good like they like you to get favors and get you to work hours they don’t want to work and then go back to looking at you and talking to you w nasty attitude.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very poor management, use you
cool job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2019
Cool job , pay isn't that great. Work a lot of hours and they expect you to give your life to them. The discount is cool but it gets old after a while.
The Great Wall of Shoes
SA (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Champs was very enjoyable for me. I would clock in and go straight out to the floor to assist customers. Retrieving shoes and selling store apparel was my main position. My favorite part was making kids happy when they found the shoes they were looking for in their size.
fun places to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 22, 2019
great place! fun to work coworkers are helpful and have great personality’s . mangenent is very organized and all around great to have . this job is by far the best i’ve had

Want to know more about Champs Sports?

Ask a question
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Ensured proper organization of the store, responded to customer complaints and answered questions in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
Mentored the team on effective upselling and cross-selling techniques. Demonstrated company core values as role model, with a focus on respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. Recruited, interviewed and hired individuals demonstrating passion, dedication and added value to the team.
Handled all scheduling for store shifts to ensure proper staffing at all times. Addressed customer issues to ensure swift and successful resolution. Coached and developed store associates through formal and informal interactions.
Assisted in the overall day-to-day operations of the store including continuous development of effective store associates to achieve desired sales and results.
Informed customers about all product lines and services offered by the company.
Maintained visually appealing and effective displays for the entire store.
Fun workplace and enjoyable
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2019
An easy workplace but a serious one! Can be a bit of a let down when we have slow days because commission is apart of your pay so when it’s slow you know your check will be smaller
Pros
Fun days at work
Cons
Customers can be rude
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJanuary 18, 2019
I would recommend this job for kids in highschool or looking for a part time job for an extra couple 100 a month. I would never invest any time or enevergy into moving up. Even to managers. you have a better chance to make more money almost anywhere.
Pros
Free shoes, discount shoes.
Cons
No lunches. 13-14 hour shifts 60+ hours a week mandatory.
Decent job but doesnt pay enough
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 18, 2019
I enjoyed working at Champs for quite a while but for the amount of work I do I felt like I shouldve been paid more and wasnt satisfied with my paychecks.
Pros
Good learning opportuinites
Cons
Bad pay
Competative but fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I've worked for champs for 2 years and have some of my fondest memories with my champs family. I started working when I was 15 and am now 21 and so far champs is by far the best job I've had yet.
I enjoyed my time a champs sports it was a great experience and anyone who loves shoes should work there because its a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Working a champs was a great place because they showed me how to work at a very fast pace and get as much sells as I could and it helped me sell much more and I also enjoyed the environment and my fellow co workers who made the job two times more fun.
The new manager ruined the store.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Before the new store manager came in, the team I was working with had a blast. We had fun at work and were still able to to make our daily sales goals for the store and individually. After the new manager came, the whole crew quit eventually and all of the regular customers started buying from the other locations.
Fun, Fast, Friendly
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Champs was a really great place to work. it allows employees who enjoy talking to people to do just that, it allows the salesmen to really connect with each and every one of their customers, in doing that producing loyal customers.
hours are terrible unfourtiantyl
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WA 99336January 14, 2019
why do I have to write a review, there's enough already. Retail is fast paced so better be ready to move. But yes hours are terrible, I mean like 8 hours a week bad.
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Great experience, Got a lot of customer experience lessons here really showed me a lot. Great opportunity, and great management, very helpful, very motivated.