Champs Sports
77Above average

Champs Sports Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA35 reviews
Fun place to work, manager not flexible
I loved working at Champs Sports, it was inviting and easy to learn how to do my job. They had videos and tests I would take in order to be doing the best job I could do. Videos on assisting customers all the way to tests on how to arrange the store.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Short breaks, none flexible hours
Good Company - would recommend
Basic retail life. Fun company. Great culture established by corporate and facilitated down to store levels. Nothing to complain about, other than salary could always be better for our area to be more competitive. Some outdated and micromanaged scheduling techniques but all in all it’s ok.
best shoe store
Champs is one of the best shoes store I know they have great deals you can always walk inside champs an find something nice to wear plus you have great people to help you out on your search
Great company with great employees
working there was a great experience and I learned a lot but felt that I should’ve gained more knowledge about the job there but wasn’t fully taught right or at the same pace as others . Overall it was a great first job and it gave me more confidence in a way to talk and help others find what they were looking for .
Benefitting in my people skills
Overall this job really benefited my people skills. Every customer that walked into the job required a less than cliche way of welcoming them. And generating new ideas and ways of welcoming a customer, displaying the company's value of being different. Prior to this job, engaging with strangers was not something I excelled in. But during this time period I became more and more comfortable with speaking to strangers and making bonds and chemistry with the individual regardless of them purchasing a merchandise,
Pros
Long Lunches, Discount on shoes
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Fun work place
For a typical day at work you would need to ship orders whenever a costumer comes in the store we need to go and talk to them its a pretty fun place to work however you don't get enough hours to work mostly if you are a part timer i would get 5 every 2 weeks.
Terrible pay and management but fun atmosphere
Before getting a new manager I loved working there although I was only paid $7.25 and hour but once the new management came not only in the store but the district things became horrible. Management would lie to customers to keep from losing sales due to returns, keep the store open past hours to increase sales, and often had associates doing other jobs they weren't being paid for. The district manager offered me a promotion however after about a month of me working in my new position I never got the commission that I was supposed to get and always got excuses about corporate being slow as the reasoning. This could've just been my location with these issues but I would never recommend working for this company.
It’s fun
Champs sports is a great place to work because you learn a lot about people and mainly, you learn about yourself when you help others. I would really recommend anyone to work here.
Cutthroat
Dont necessarily remember working at champs. It was a cutthroat enviorment since it was sales. So it was more like who can get the most sales at the end of the day. Even though people wanted to make friends your money came first.
Great for a first job
Champs is a good place to start working as a teenager. Helps develop some type of skills for sales. Typical day is being on the floor helping out customers and trying to maximize your sales.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Short hours and not too much job advancement.
Fun social job
Not a bad job for minor age but definitely recommend it to those who are into shoes and want the discount. The job is fast paced so it would require you to be quick.
Pros
discount
Fun workplace
A typical day at work would be helping customers get a shoe size and refolding unfold clothes. What I learned was customer service. The manager is well organized. Workplace culture is positive. The hardest part of the job is trying to get a shoe from the stock room as quickly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing shoe trends.
Provides customers with competitive prices and an excellent selection of Mens apparel, womens, mens, children shoes.
A typical day would consist of a face-to-face interaction with customers. The hardest part is getting training due to peak conversion. Patience is key
Pros
The wonderful costumers
Cons
False promises to be trained, annd a slow process towards promotions
If you love sneakers then this is the job for you
if you want to make money at this company then you would have to be a commissioned sales associate. As a store clerk you don't get commission. overall it's a retail job so expect the retail life.
Great environment, diversity
I liked working at champs, it was my side job learned a lot on how to give good customer service making sure their needs are always met. Workers called out a lot
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Employees multiple call outs
Great place to work at!!
Working at Champs sports is one of my favorite job I've ever had! Its up beat everyone is nice and its just overall a great place to work at! I would do it again!!
Cons
short breaks
my favorite job
workplace culture was great due to the crew. We were able to work together without too many problems. The pay was minimal but this was only part time for me.
work
i would have to always greet the gueast whenver they walked in be very attentive towards them always smile and say yes to whatever was that they want.
Enjoyed the shoes discounts.
Manager was actually understanding, but she stopped giving me hours out of no where and didn't give me a heads up about it either. I enjoyed my co-workers and the customers. I learned its okay to get a no from someone and how to respond or handle certain kinds of customers.
Pros
Discounts on clothing and shoes.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fun Work Place
Fun job from day one if you are into fashion & sports this is the job for you. Everyday employees receive a sales goal for the work day.
Pros
discounts on most apparel throughout store, birthday discounts
Cons
Short breaks
fun atmosphere
depending on day of the week very fast pace fun atmosphere to work in the cons is just the pay isn't much if its a slow day. you learn a lot through this job
Cons
the pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champs Sports. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight