ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education
53Below average

ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews
The clients are great, which is the main reason I am still here for now. Management needs work. There is definitely favoritism going on because some RBT'S are treated better than others, as are some clients. Many employees don't feel appreciated. Management tends to send passive aggressive emails instead of talking to an employee directly. There is no room for advancement unless you become a BCBA. They claim there is a mentoring program as well as tuition assistance but for the most part it is nonexistent. It's a good job if you love working with kids.
Our work team is great! I enjoy that I can have access to a mental therapist, BCBA and other professionals to assist me with students in the classroom. They do really care about the students and walk what they preach.
The most enjoyable part of this job was actually making a difference in the children's lives. A typical day at work meant no contact with your BCBA about the children's treatment plan, being alone with children without knowing what to do, and being expected to know things no one has explained to you. If you do not have a degree in this profession, the workplace did not treat you well. You are also offered a lot less pay. I would suggest negotiating before you start. Definitely one of the lowest paying companies in the area. You are also blamed for most things that do go wrong and reported by the management. Lots of reprimands for things that could have just been explained by management but they like to show off authority. They also promise hours to get you to sign with them that they never provide. They also did not deal with the pandemic well and expected their employees to work without protective gear or be fired.
Pros
Did allow us to have lunches on time, you can bill doing notes
Cons
bad benfits, don't provide hours, don't care about your advancement, low pay
We need to be paid more money for the work we do. We are very under appreciated. They have taken away a lot of incentives that's we used to have. And they just recently changed our hours adding an extra 30 mins to our day
Terrible administration and very disrespectful students. I did love the students but the poor leadership, technology and ridiculous curriculum ruined the entire culture of the building.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Management was hands-off due to Colorado being a new venture for them. The team of BCBAs and BCaBAs were able to collaborate freely and evaluate interventions on an on-going basis, which was very appreciated. It was primarily a center based program, so we were able to make a very cohesive team.
Pros
Great team, we created a great work environment.
Cons
No support from upper management.
No support, no breaks, no help, they are just wanting to make profit. RBT's are great. A few BCBA's are helpful and supportive. Clinic manager is a joke. She has no idea what she is doing. Love the work I do for the clients and family's. No raises!!!! They do not look out for their own employees.
Management was great to start with... However when you really needed them they were nowhere to be found, They were always too busy at other sites to help , but when you ask other sitrs they claimed to be at they were not there. I honestky think they meant well but did not know how to support staff nor could they provide answers. I would not work in this environment if you can not handle HIGH levels of stress, daily threats and assaults by students ( with no consequences by management).
I know working with students with EBD and Autism can be a challenge, but the team that I work for is absolutely awesome. The staff is ready to teach and we hit the ground running. The leadership has made adjustments that have benefited the children and the staff and continuously make efforts to improve our ability to teach.
Pros
staff, leadership, children
Cons
Health Insurance is a little on the high side
I enjoy working with the students and I have made a difference with one young lady. Pay is great. I have formed a bond with some employees. Some things need to change as far as making students accountable for their actions and behaviors.
Horrible place to work. You get zero support from mid or upper management. You are constantly physically threatened by students. The students should be returned to a more controlled supervised environment.
the company has so many states and employees it causes a disconnect between corporate management and front line employees. Communication is broken and fragmented
While the positives are few, I will state there's rarely a dull day at work, and the hours are pretty good. Prepare for high magnitude, severe behaviors from students. Be ready to chase children and be bitten, kicked, hit, spit on, scratched. You name it, it's probably going to happen. While some of the kids have trauma in their background, many just lack discipline and structure in their home life and are extremely volatile. One minute, they love you and the next, they are trying to seriously injure you. Anyone not up to the physically and mentally demanding nature of this role should run, not walk away. I would not recommend for anyone who already has injuries or is pregnant.
My workplace culture was not comfortable for the most part. The students were fine. Most of the staff treated me rude & condescending most of the times. I’m not sure if it was personal or racial, but it was extremely uncomfortable nevertheless at my location.
This is the best job I have ever had, with a company whose employees matter. Great pay, excellent benefits and the most supportive staff I have ever worked with!
Be able to see the kids when they achieve their goals and really work hard to see the grades when they make them. Focus on what is important and what is not. I like to see when a child seem like they want to change their life around and not be a problem.
Pros
Be able to help the ones want help
Cons
Kids has behavior problem and don't like to do their assignment, talking about and no respect.
This is a terrible place to work. Not only were things promised to all new employees and not provided, management is practically non-existent, yet makes all of the money and reaps all of the benefits from the program. The program that runs solely on the workers (teachers, paraprofessionals, behavior specialists, and therapists) and management has zero respect for any of these people. ChanceLight is not about the client or ensuring a better future for these kids, it's about money and covering up anything remotely shady rather than addressing it which would be in the best interest of the individual.
Interesting work, rebilling claim denials for KY Medicaid, researching invoices for past due amounts and collaborating with other departments to solve complex billing issues
Composed weekly hot issues to the Revenue Cycle Manager
I've enjoyed all of my clients and the company really does care about them all individually! It's been a wonderful experience and my coworkers and supervisors have been endlessly helpful
Pros
Work life balance, positive work environment, fulfillment, benefits
Cons
Communication issues
The staff assigned to the classes are nosey, about what is going on in other rooms, and gossip. Some staff members will not stay in their assigned rooms. They stay out of the rooms visiting with other staff members in other rooms. I would not recommend this place of employment due to a severe lack of communication between staff and supervisors. Staff is insubordinate and will not do what is asked of them to do.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Some days are tougher than others depending on which child you are assigned to but once these kids warm up to you i promise yo will fall in love with your job and client, This company is an amazing and well trained facility. They have a great hands on orientation you get to practice
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9