ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education

ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education Employee Reviews

Poorly Run, Improper Supervision
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 14, 2018
Alternative Educational Setting for Students who face challenges in a typical school setting

Students deserve better

HR was informed of concerns pertaining to company culture, and dismissed and ignored concerns

Chauvinistic manager caused teachers and other staff members to resign; due to unruly management style

Retention of employees is challenging;
Very little to no support
Very stressful job.
Ombudsman Educational Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
I loved many of the other teachers I worked with but I did not feel supported in my work by my director. I waited weeks to hear back from the HR specialist.
Pros
Helping at risk youth.
Cons
One very short break during a stressful day.
Do not be manipulated by this company.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 11, 2018
Accept at your own risk. Unless you have no morals and is willing to lie for this company. Do not apply. They lie about how many students are enrolled. CEO is unfair with policy and procedures. They delete complaints. And falsify documents for the State of Michigan. Corrupt place to work.
Do not work here
Staff (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 4, 2018
Lack of support from management
Staff often went rogue in interacting with students during crisis
Management belittles staff who voice differing professional opinion in advocating for students needs
Management does not care about student progress only keeping things “quiet”
This company is only in it for the money, not helping the students who go there!!!
Pros
A few decent co workers
Cons
Poor management, questionable professional practices
Company with a wonderful mission
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2018
Great company to work for. I love my boss and the work that I do each and every day. They have a wonderful heart for helping children. I also love the team that I work with.
Fun place to work , if you enjoy kids!
Ombudsman/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Typical day is working with the students. Helping students to complete and assist with their schoolwork. Showing the student that you care is positive and motivating them to keep up the good work!
Needs better management
Office (Current Employee) –  KYJanuary 24, 2018
At first this is a decent place to work they act like they are interested and a big team however after you have been there awhile you realize management is awful and no one knows the correct answers or agrees with each other.
Pros
paid holidays
Aside from benefits, awful.
Teacher's Aide and Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 23, 2018
At the Orange location, kids are violent, abusive, and destructive. Yes, this is the clientele you signed onto working with, but the management provides such little support to help with handling the children. After 2 workers comp incidents and a trip to the ER, minimum hourly wage for classroom work did no cut it. There was always an excuse to not providing assistance, no room to negotiate, and general lack of concern for the employer. Chancelight does have great benefits and there was a lot of paid time off for school holidays and breaks.
Pros
benefits and time off
Cons
work conditions, employee care, management
Fraudulent Organization
Certified Teacher (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 20, 2018
This Berea location is same as Ombudsman in same location. Horrible management, don't be fooled by shallow attempt to rebrand job listing. Both companies do not care about being truthful.
Pros
Some rooms have windows
Cons
A place to make a positive impact
Ombudsman (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 13, 2017
Meaningful Work
Our Teachers help kids develop skills that allow them and to prepare for college, career – for life – after high school.

Teachers, along with other staff members, prepare and implement a full educational teaching plan for each student. Ombudsman teachers conduct group and individual instruction in the classroom to improve students’ quality of life and prepare them to become active members of their community.

We value collaboration, a positive culture among students, staff and administration, and the support to ensure students and teachers succeed. We celebrate the successes of our students and expertise of our colleagues.

Creativity and Leadership
We welcome innovation and encourage creative expression. We’re open to new ideas, and we provide opportunities for professional growth, advancement and leadership. At Ombudsman, you can learn from the best – and make your own contribution.

Compensation
Along with a great working environment, Ombudsman offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two medical plans, dental and vision coverage as well as life and long term disability insurance.

We offer paid time off, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account option and a 401k retirement savings plan.

Position details:
Deliver instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software
Develop daily lesson plans and classroom schedule that reflects state and school requirements
Collaborate with Special Education teachers to provide instructional support and
  more... approved modification to the curriculum
Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations and consistency
Pros
Can make a difference
Cons
Might not make a difference

Want to know more about ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education?

Ask a question
Okay
Follow-Up Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2017
I don't speak ill of another company that gave me a chance but I have personal reasons for leaving the comepay. They treated employes well however I did not believe in some business practices.
Great company
Business Development Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  Volo, ILJune 9, 2017
This is a great company working to help students and patients find success in school and life. I have worked here for almost 15years and I cannot ask for anything else.
Difficult, bit rewarding work.
Behavior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed my work and learned so much! Working with with the type of students we had teaches one to exhibit a high level of communication, compassion and flexibility.
Acquired by Chancelight
Business Analyst/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
Left company three months after acquisition of Sage Care Therapy Services, position was being transitioned to Corporate Headquarters in Nashville, TN.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChanceLight Behavioral Health, Therapy & Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5