Chanel

United States236 reviews

Chanel insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun and competitive

Typical day was to explain about product and make a sale to the shoppers. Was lot of fun yet very professional. Product trial opportunity by offering gratis voucher periodically.

Excellent work environment and outstanding company.

I loved working at The Public Relations Department as well as the Marketing Department at CHANEL . It was a great experience and is an excellent company.

Pros

Bonus: Free Cosmetics and Fashion Events

The company itself is great, its Chanel! Only prob is that management kills the whole experience for the team.

The company itself is great, with many great benefits and of course products! its Chanel! but the management kills the whole experience for the team. Very unprofessional and strict. Management does not care about the team. They treated us like slaves none stop! If you take your 10 minute break and go over 30 seconds they'll call you in the office and say thats "time fraud" You had to advice management if you were using the restroom and no joke we were timed and would get text messages to come back to the floor...

Pros

great pay, team gets along well together.

Cons

micromanagement. Management looks down at its employees!

Manager

Perfect and a excellent! Everyone was professional and had knowledge on products. I truly was an asset in delivering best customer service. A typical day would be making sure my staff did high end sales. I learned a lot on my clients. I managed every aspect of the store.

Pros

Great work environment

nothing bad

The late life was beautiful at the Chanel counter at Bloomingdales 59th StThe glamour in makeup was always somthing new and fabulous The launches with the CEO was liked a family

Pros

best benefit

Cons

not really

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Easy job.

To much layoff, on lest you have seniority. Union is no good. Hilo drivers get paid less than warehouse workers. Some managers talk to you like inappropriate and if you do the same they are quick to right you up. HR harrases you for anything they only care about the company's needs can care less if employees get injured.

Pros

Union benifits.

Cons

Short beaks, to much laydoff, pay, management.

Highly competitive.

Started position with no formal training by Chanel. Very difficult management. Very competitive manager. Would not be receiving formal training until 2/98. Too much standing in a small space.

Cons

Non supportive company management.

Look elsewhere.

• The organization is top heavy and relies on too many middle managers to make concrete decisions from a boutique level• There is a serious breakdown in communication between subordinates and managers and the sheer number of managers makes it confusing to proceed with how best to handle tasks• Client escalations and issues were left for (inexperienced) subordinates to address - it was next to impossible to get a manager on duty to intervene• Unprofessionalism is rampant and it was common for gossip to spread like wildfire, equating to the currency used to get in a manager’s good graces (this was a big deal)• Favoritism and ego stroking were blatant and obvious between staff and managers• Corporate is unclear regarding roles within the company, and often tasks were assigned to incapable individuals• Salary is not competitive and growth is nonexistent• Inadequate documentation of unacceptable behavior by management• Cliquey environmentIf you're looking for a place that values you as an asset, look elsewhere.

Pros

pension, wellness fund (if they haven't cut that due to covid)

Cons

Condescending managers and staff, disorganized org, faux team environment

Customer Care Representative

As customer care we dealt directly with the clients. However as the position is contracted out you do not work directly for Chanel. I would describe the experience something like a Cinderella story. The customer care position would be Cinderella in the analogy. They want you to know you are apart of the team but not completely. AS customer care and a contracted employee you will deal with all the headache of the clients yelling at you an ever changing procedures and policies. But you can expect not to receive anything in return as you are not an employee of Chanel. This is a good position for college students, home moms and people just trying to fill their resume.

Exciting and Intense place to work

Working at Chanel was exciting and challenging. The management was very professional and supportive. The hardest part of the job was constant travel and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people I worked with, they were the best in the cosmetic world! An amazing experience to say the least.

Horrible Management

Literally the only good thing about this job is the free products you receive from the company. This is not a good place for anyone’s mental health to be working in. The management is only sales interested, they have zero concern for their staff as human beings, unless you are the top sales person, and then to them, you are god. It’s all about money. And that’s it: they will actively try to find ways to “punish” you if you aren’t selling to their expectations. At one meeting a group didn’t hit their sales goals and were asked what they thought their punishment should be. I worked there for about 2 years and would rather die than go back to work for them.

Pros

Free products

Cons

Literally everything

Professional, classy, and informative.

I loved working for Chanel. The most inclusive, diverse, and professional company I've ever worked for. I would recommend working for Chanel in a heart beat.

Sell Chanel fragrance

I have enjoyed working for Chanel fragrance because of the opportunity to meet a lot of different people and sell a well known, established beautiful Perfume

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work all weekends, part time work

Friendly and happy environment

Over all it was a great experience. I worked at a Belk for Chanel in fragrance. There was so many different types of people around with great attitudes. It was an overall awesome experience.

Great environment to work in

I have worked as a freelancer for over 30 years and if enjoyed my job in all aspects I travel to different stores so that makes it exciting meeting new people enjoy the products I sell.

Productive and fun work place

Great place to work at! Great management. team work is highly recommended. If you love working with people, you will excel at Chanel. Overall, it is a great place to be.

Great benefits

Great benefits and a beautiful environment. There were constantly changing policy and procedures. The culture was good for the first few years, but started to change for the worse.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of work life balance

amazing

i love it so much best job ever incredible people absolutely phenomenal work environment so blessed to work here the fashion is out of this world i recommend it

Sales

Professional and sophisticated atmosphere. Learned a lot, loved working in the fashion industry. Well respected company, lots of celebrity clientele.

Terrible management, unsupportive team, little training.

Upper management bullied my poor manager, who then in turn took it out on me. I received little training and was treated like a nuisance whenever I asked a question. However, if I made any little mistake, I was yelled at or sent accusatory emails. Issues were later resolved- but the stress and anxiety that came along with that situation never really went away. Overall a negative, stressful, blame game of a job. I could not get out of there fast enough.

Pros

Great benefits

Wonderful Company

Loved working here as a regional MUA! Everyone I worked with was professional and kind, the patient was excellent and the customers were fabulous! I highly recommend to anyone! If I had to rate the perfect job, then this would be it. The ability to be creative, apply customer service, travel and participate in different events.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Lots of time on feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chanel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Chanel.
Powered byComparably