Change Healthcare Employee Reviews

Boiler Room Atmosphere, Employees Strained
Business Intelligence Architect (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Change Healthcare is content to run its employees ragged and shows little regard to their well-being in terms of work-life balance. The internal bureaucracy makes even the smallest tasks difficult and frustrating. Workers and front line management are great, but overall senior leadership is lacking.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Poor work-life balance, leadership lacks vision, sets employees up for failure
Newly formed company experiencing growing pains
Application Team Lead (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 12, 2018
Company was formed from McKesson and Change Healthcare (legacy). Going through separation from parent companies, establishing policies and benefits. It is a turbulent time obviously with a lot of change and pressure at all levels.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits. Good hours. Nice people. Nice facilities. Provides health, dental, paid vacation. Strong market pull. Prepared for growth.
Good People and Rewarding Work
Implementation Administrator (Former Employee) –  OrangeSeptember 10, 2018
The culture at Change Healthcare is great, as are the people working there. It has the normal office politics, but it's a great place to work overall. I would recommend working here over almost every other job I have had before.
Pros
Good people, culture, pay.
Cons
Hard to move up in the ranks
What I have learned in seven years at Change Healthcare
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2018
Teamwork is a valuable skill which should be introduced and taught at the earliest levels on in education.

Working with people you trust and like makes a strong team.

Having strong leadership that does not micromanage is a blessing.

Flexibility is crucial in work. Sometimes getting things really close to being right lets you leave for the day, and to return to back it better later.
Pros
An excellent and healthy culture
Happy place to work at
Sr. Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2018
Management was very understandable and flexible with my school schedule. feels like a big family, management truly cares about our career development.
Not a recommended "career"
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Some management is wonderful and helps you to make your job as bearable as possible. However, most of the management and upper bigwigs are clearly in it for themselves and don't really care about anyone below them. It's unorganized, chaotic, and seems to be a company on its way out.
Pros
There is sometimes a paycheck
Cons
Almost everything else
Poor management
Data Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 4, 2018
Unless you are a favored employee there is no room for advancement, the faster you perform means you will be given more work. There is no support some manages, you are trained by other employees
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, treated like children, raises are poor
Much better employment opportunities elsewhere
Medical Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 1, 2018
If it sounds to good to be true, keep looking elsewhere. I gave it 6+ months before finally getting tired of the run around. The online training went well; however, there was a backlog with the computer equipment, which led to no assignments. Once the equipment was received 2+ months later & a refresher online training course was completed, still no assignment. It just simply wasn't worth the time, effort or hassle. I tell everyone I know to avoid this company.
Pros
Nothing stands out as a pro
Cons
Disorganization
Productive and fun place to work
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2018
Good place to work, provide you the tools necessary to succeed in your job. Diversity is promoted, good managers, great products to implement, plenty of holiday's and PTO.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
Either go to work to get paid or earn your paycheck
Chart Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 29, 2018
The work is great if you like quick calls and filing and faxing and office work. I enjoy my job but there is a lack of professionalism and obvious protection of employees that are there to just get paid. Communication is important between departments and would greatly improve production but management makes those calls. Many discussions between the temps and perms are in agreement that the job is amazing and great if you are good with office work but like most office environments it depends on who you know and how you know them.
Pros
Great office Job
Cons
Lack of professionalism and evident favoritism and protection
Not very productive
Accounts Receivable Specialist / McKesson (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 29, 2018
Managers are not very up front with anyone. Lots of time and money wasted. Pay is great but benefits are not very good. People do not have a very good work life balance.
Growing Pains
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  remote Kansas City, KSAugust 28, 2018
The company is currently going through some major growing pains. They have been laying off people and not giving raises or bonus to their employees so that they can meet money goals. They want to be able to IPO soon.
No job security
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 24, 2018
Terrible management and training. Communication which is key in remote coding was so broken you never knew what was going on. Supervisors were so condescending and very unprofessional. Pay was the only draw but it totally wasn’t worth changing jobs to this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and training
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2018
This was not the best work atmosphere. I did not feel that an effort was made to ensure the employees were well trained and the company did not provide an environment that would allow employees to feel comfortable expressing their concerns.
Terrible Management Dont Do It
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 22, 2018
Worked here as a remote supervisor of auditors & even though pay is decent & benes are too, I'd never work in a place like this again. It was all roses the 1st week then the manager got worse & worse. The merger didn't seem to help either. You can feel everyone's stress & worry that they may go next. I was pushed to literally threaten my staff if they didn't comply with demands that to me seemed overboard. This place is full of crazy, stressed leadership who all seem to think they can verbally abuse staff as they want. I suggest running in the opposite direction no matter how badly you need a job! (And this is remote! Imagine IN OFFICE!)
Pros
Pay
Cons
The rest of everything
Change healthcare just was not my fit
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2018
Change Healthcare was a great experience opportunity for me. When it came to management Change lacked in many ways. I was not trained by a proper training staff which left me confused when something unexpected happened. It took 3 weeks to finally gain access to my computer. My manager also managed two other teams so she didn’t have much time to really take questions I had.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No paid holidays, low pay, horrible culture.
compensation
REMOTE MEDICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 20, 2018
You get paid less than minimum wage per chart and when you get your paycheck they take taxes out. You have to really work your but off to do a certain number a charts to make a decent paycheck and maintain the 95% accuracy. Not for me.
Pros
remote
over all review
Port St. Lucie - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLAugust 9, 2018
great company, great hours , great atmosphere . good hours not much more to say honestly i'd prefer not to write anything else and i hope you understand
I can only speak for myself
Reimbursement specialist/Revenue Recycling (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 7, 2018
not very structured, some management like to gossip, sometimes unprofessional. no work life balance. They have a point system which is horrible. depending on your client you have a 1/2 hr lunch
Pros
most co workers are friendly
Cons
short lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Change Healthcare.