Change Healthcare

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive, independent and fun place to work

Featured review

Change Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Independent work, no micromanaging. The leadership team trust you to do the work for your job and they will not bother you. It is a nice place to work with work and fun times.

Pros

No micro managing

Cons

Compensation

Wouldn’t Recommend

There is little to no training, stressful work, no one follows up on anything, management places blame on each other, feels like your work doesn’t matter. Look elsewhere

Pros

Has some remote opportunities

Cons

Stressful and meaningless

Productivity over everything

Metrics are constantly changing you can barely keep up. The job is rewarding however the pay is consideribly low. I'd need two jobs to actually work where the company was located in the city ( Fully remote at this time). The insurance benefits have changed drastically for the hour employee. The .25 cent raise doesn't cover the inflation.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Pay sucks, no room for growth.

Productive fun

Productive work environment . Decent pay. Ot hours during busy season. Great staff and professionals. Needed work to be done and excellent benefits.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Trying hard to think of something positive..

I was hired here through a third party agency and the training class was 3 weeks long. It consisted of the trainer providing us with documents to read and telling us to “go over them on the weekend” if we were confused. The manager truly lacks empathy and has very poor bedside manner. If you have an emergency and have to call out, that’s 6 points against you; no matter what the reason. Even if you provide a doctor’s note. They hire you telling you that your job is to schedule appointments when it’s really to answer inbound calls for NYC hospitals. The pay is not nearly enough. A full work day and only two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute meal!? No wonder their turnover is so high!

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything else

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good job to get started in the healthcare field

Good job to for entry level healthcare job. Flexibility and no micromanaging and able to reach out to management and get the answers I need. The only thing is that needs improvement is better pay.

Pros

Flexibility, not micromanaged

Cons

pay

Do not recommend

The only good thing about this job is the benefits. Any and everything you do that doesn’t require you to be at work you getting a point. Your not trained properly poor management unless u done something wrong. If you know better you would do better & RUNNNN

Benefits

Cons

The job

Stay Away

This company is miss managed and cheap. They outsource most of their work to India. Most management is very parasitic your are just a # until they outsource your position out to save a buck.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else!!!

It’s okay

I’ve been here 3 years and it was fun working in office and the pay was decent but they seldom give raises and the breaks are short and you have managers breathing down your neck. Overall, it’s nice to work remotely and the benefits are good, but that’s it.

Pros

Benefits, work from home

Cons

Short breaks, micro-managed, low pay for all the job functions and extra projects

You are just a number to them. They do not care about you.

Great employees, terrible upper management. You are no more than a number.be ready to get bulk fired. The company was once a good place. And then change healthcare bought it.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Coward company

Love my remote job

Love working for CHC! This company is very diverse and it’s the same across the board! You can ask 10 different people the same question and you will get the same answer!

Pros

Very flexible and great company very diverse

Cons

Short break times on Monday 1st break 10 mins

Disappointed overall

I have been with CHC for almost three years and there has been so many changes in that short time. Different managers, high turnover, and layoffs. This company throws their employees around like it’s nothing but upper management always keeps their positions. It’s strange really.

Pros

Remote work, work life balance, benefits

Cons

Low pay, frequent layoffs with no warning

Not a good company

They do not care about their employees they want you to work all the time. Family is everything and when management doesn’t care about that that is a problem.

Good team environment

Used to be great but the last 2-3 years it’s declined. Expectations have increased and the pay has not. Management is absent since being remote. Changes are made that benefits the company but not the employees.

Benefits

Cons

Short breaks, high expectations, low pay

It was ok

Corporate office like most Corporate offices they really don't care about nothing but the bottom line they just told about 700 Employees that they will be losing their jobs in February sending jobs off shore, but not their job need to save a few pennies so they are going to let workers overseas Try and do the job for nothing..Ridiculous

Horrible management.

To concerned about numbers than there old broken system that makes it very difficult to do your job. Management that has no clue what they are doing in the AR department. Training was a joke I'm glad I'm experienced I caught in quick. The pay is a slap in the face when you have 5 years under your belt that they don't compensate for experience. This doesn't help morale only good thing is working from home that's it.

Pros

Working at home

Cons

Pay is way to low for AR Medical billing, health benefits are ridiculously priced, confused management

Overall Okay

This was my first big girl job right out of college. It was a good job while it lasted, but I needed to move onto something bigger and better. It seems hard to move up on this job.

Pros

Great Work Environment

Cons

Hard to move up

Excellent co-workers and Management - very rewarding feeling

I was able to do my job without someone watching over me and they always supported me. You do see a lot of turnover however; I feel that was more that people were burnt out or wanted change. Not everyone received the same support as I did.

Pros

They do a lot of "Special Events" and took care of the essential staff during covid lockdown

Cons

You did not always get the feedback on your work and in 2 years I never received a review

Management team and co-workers!

I had a very flexible work schedule with NO micro management involvement! My manager and co-workers were a great team of people to work with everyday from the very first day I started working for the company to the very end! I also learned a lot from the managers I reported to in the 3 yrs I was there! The hardest part of the job was having to leave due to a massive reduction in force (layoff).

Pros

People and culture of the entire company.

Cons

Being laid off and Bonus structure needs to be more achievable and user-friendly.

I have the best manager! If not for this person, I would quit.

Overworked, won't hire even though understaffed. The answer to being understaffed, send it to off-shore and get rid of some more American jobs. Lots of issue with the network, apps not working, equipment not working. Since IT is outsourced....India....difficult to understand the tech many times due to heavy accents. Issues trying to get an IT tech to understand what you're having a problem with. So many times I've called IT and they are clueless how to go about fixing my problem. Computer issues, network issues cause a slowdown in your ability to get your work down. Somehow that doesn't matter, you're still expected to perform! In my opinion all this company is interested in is the all mighty dollar, especially those big bonuses. This place is representative of the stereotypical money hungry corporation that says they care about their employees, but many of their practices, behavior and actions say otherwise.

Pros

The manager I have, Pto

Cons

Understaffed, daily equipment and program/app issues, pay not competetive, management that doesn't know their job, goodly amount of lazy employees who get away with it.

Onboarding is a nightmare

Little IT support, HEDIS leadership is great. Flexible. Pay is OK if you're productive. Good gig for extra work during furlough season for HCC coders. Training is good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Change Healthcare.
Powered byComparably