Change Healthcare

Change Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,359 reviews

Found 1,359 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,388 reviews
healthcarechangechcremotemckessoncharttrainingremotely

Productive, independent and fun place to work

Featured review

Change Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Independent work, no micromanaging. The leadership team trust you to do the work for your job and they will not bother you. It is a nice place to work with work and fun times.

Pros

No micro managing

Cons

Compensation

It was okay...until it wasn't.

I worked as a contractor through an agency for Change. Training was better than I'd experienced previously (As long as you aren't going into a program that uses Epic. If you are, good luck with that!) and our trainer was/is an amazing human. At the beginning of these assignments, you expect some people to fall off. My training class had 35 people and maybe 5 or so fell off during training and directly after. But then the transfers started. Taking people off of our program to send them to more demanding programs with little to no training because no one wants to cover the cost of the program that actually let's you train in Epic. People start dropping like flies. Looking for other jobs, laid off, and a few here and there were justifiably fired. The best part is when the higher ups keep firing the bilingual staff and then yelling about call times. Cut off your nose to spite your face, did ya? They started dangling being turned permanent in our faces a week before training ended and it is constantly mentioned as this attainable thing. For some people, it is, but, for me, it was always "you're next." I was essentially penalized because I had to have a medical procedure. Months later I was still not turned permanent despite them gathering my information to do so about once a month in the meantime and always promising it would be soon. Of course, then there was a hiring freeze. They brought on more contractors because they lost 85% of my training class. Then, they gave them all a week on the phones before they fired all but two of them as well. Let me be very -

Pros

Fantastic direct supervisors, lots of different shifts you can work within, decent money, they provide equipment (even if they take weeks and weeks to collect it)

Cons

Disconnected and narcissistic upper management, lack of answers from upper management, near to zero job stability or security

Change Healthcare insights

Based on 1,070 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

It is a good place to start in healthcare.

I scheduled appointments for members and I learned a lot about scheduling appointments. I am a quick learner and it was nice using EPIC. I think that the representative position is a good start to get experience in healthcare. I started the position the week before COVID-19 pandemic and within a few weeks of training, we went remote. I had an interesting experience with training remotely.

Pros

Being remote

Cons

health insurance is expensive, being remote made it hard for supervisors to answer my questions during calls.

Read reviews

Interesting place to work. You learn a lot of Medicaid , medicare, and other government programs such social security disability. Benefits are actually great

I learned how to run mail machine and scanner

I learned a lot if new stuff like running mail machine. Scanning batches on a scanner. Working medical claims. Talking to patients and insurance companies. Mailing claims and adjusting accounts.

Entire staff laid off during holidays due to "reduction of force"

I sincerely enjoyed the nature of the work in my position as an on site "Patient Benefit Advocate". I am genuinely appreciative of the valuable knowledge and experience I gained being on site and hands on with the processing of insurance claims in emergency room setting. Work at hospital facility was contract based. Initially my hiring class of 4 people were told different schedule (days and times) before we accepted the position. After accepting the position and resigning from our employers, we were told that the shift that was promised was no longer available and we were forced to accept a completely different schedule or they would find someone else. After 7 months of stellar work and constant praise about how "great" of a job we were doing we were laid off the week before Thanksgiving due to a "reduction of force". The position was terminated same day with little explanation of why "force" was being reduced with such little notice. Job stability was definitely a concern.

Don't waste your time here.

They never have charts and when they do, their system crashes or stops working. You can go two months without receiving any work. They even suggest that you find a different job while still working for then

Big scam

Don’t work here, they scam people out of their money. They generally don’t care about their employees and they Will not pay you at all. The mangers are rude

What is the best part of working at the company?Working from home What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Calls coming in back to back What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Independent What is a typical day like for you at the company?8-430 calls all day

Good benefits

Work can be menial sometimes but the benefits are great. Management mostly truly cares about their employees and take true interest in their success at work.

Horrible Management/Trainers

The company is so unorganized. ALL the workers think they are your managers. They are rude, and will overwhelm you with lids of work. You are penalized for making mistakes WHEN IT IS THEIR JOB TO TRAIN YOU! They are unprofessional and liars!!!! Do not work for change healthcare!!!!!! The money is not worth what they put you through. Staff do whatever they want and it shows!

Pros

It’s a job ..

Cons

Unprofessional and Unfair

What is the best part of working at the company?This company does not care about its employees, is only about money.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management is rude and they don't have time for you.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?toxic...all the way. What is a typical day like for you at the company?worked your eyes out, no brake, they are always looking at you.

Toxicity

Management frequently talks behind your back and it is excessively difficult to get promoted unless you are friends with someone in charge. The work can be monotonous and if you work hard you are rewarded with heavier workloads to compensate for underperforming staff. The pay is also unlivable based on current cost of living.

Pros

You get to listen to music if your phone is hidden in a desk

Cons

Cliquey, passive aggressive management, difficult to get promoted, low pay.

Productive place to work.

Great company but lower compensation. Flexibility is fair. I enjoy having a work/life balance. Many perks for insurance premiums and extra stuff. Would recommend.

Fun workplace

Really good company been working for a year and already got 2 raises and a promotion, good environment , really flexible, calls can get a little hectic but you get 2 .15 mins break and 1. 30 mins. Monday-Friday and, get to work from home

It's ok

Work from home and flex time are nice, training could be much better. Three years in and there are still things I don't understand about this job and company. People were nice to work with. Pay needs to be higher, but that may change in the year since they've now been acquired by Optum Health

What is the best part of working at the company?I do have a boss who can reliably and trust in me being flexible working solo for 3 years until brings extra 2 people on my team boss make everyone happier and everyone work harder more then a boss screaming at no one would want it the best company I ever worked with the most important factor is getting a job with a better teamwork like families What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Pressure deadline yeah but work about 15 years I would stay another 15 years What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Families event birthday party all seasons every month make goal meeting standards What is a typical day like for you at the company?Flow my work system keep everyone happy get motivated we joke around laughing best medicine when is come to pressure

Had a great team

The team I was on was great but the company not so much. I had a great supervisor and team lead. Just wish they would lay off so much. Pay rate is okay not the best.

Pros

No micromanagement

Cons

Pay and laid off alot

Great work place

Great place to work. Great training, nice coworkers limo, options, available he could be better but good opportunities for advancement. Various health plans.

Hedis LPN work from home

Can work from home, flexible hours, would be better to pay hourly than pay per chart. Not a lot of money being paid per chart completed. Not enough charts to work on and complete to make a decent paycheck. The most money made was from training.

Pros

Flexibility, work from home.

Cons

Deadlines, low pay per chart, not enough charts available to review.

Not there long

I was not there long and was part of a small team in a large company. However, they provided the resources we needed for the most part and let us do our thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Change Healthcare.
Powered byComparably

Compare Change Healthcare with

• Change Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?