Change Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not the best place if you're over 40 and don't have Senior or VP in your title
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMarch 22, 2019
I think the position started out strong, but ta merger happened, with was really a take over of the smaller company. They didn't look for ways to keep people, but more just got rid of them without really considering the systems in place.

Deemed a healthcare company, they are mining data to create a better healthcare system, which has a huge plus, but a many products do as advertised.
Pros
Pay, flexible work hours, remote option when needed. some fo the people
Cons
They lay off without thinking. They only look at the numbers, or at least it felt that way when I was there.
Great Environment
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 19, 2019
They break the job training down so you’re confident when you go live. Management knows you by name so you don’t feel like you fade in the background..
Just ridiculous from start to finish
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2019
Got hired as a contract tech writer. The job was supposed to last 4-5 months. Management had no idea what the size or scope of the project was. Often, Tulsa writers were left out of provisioning - went days/weeks without software, laptops, etc. Went 8 months without writing software. Project Managers were of no help getting SME's to work with us, so they just kind f let the project go until we hit the 1-year mark and upper management wanted results. Even though we had tried to produce with almost no help from Project Managers, they threw us under the bus and said we were the reason the project had failed to produce - even though all of the other projects had no problems.

Terrible work environment. Bad lights, very loud and people often had problems breathing due to poor ventilation system. Escalator often broke and one time we had to go home because it caught on fire.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Horrible and Disappointing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston FloridaMarch 17, 2019
In the beginning I thought it was the best job but it went downhill immediately. By the time you finish training your knowledge is basically just 40% of what the true system is about. You will get penalized for everything even for attendance (even for an emergency). The management is truly awful. The morals of this company goes straight down. The new system they implemented in 2017 caused so much errors that literally 80% of the employees can't even make their numbers or quota for each month and if you don't you get penalized or written up. This has been the most worst company I've ever worked for. By the end of the day you're completely drained. The brakes are so short (15 minutes) and they micromanage to the point its uncomfortable. Managers are Rude, Liars and completely Unprofessional. In one month this company fired, laid off and demoted agents because they are not meeting their numbers and they trying to do budget cuts. 100% not a secure place to work. I don't think this company will last another 3 years.
Pros
Agents were like family
Slow process
Abstractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 16, 2019
From the onboarding to training every process is painfully slow. When you email someone for information it takes hours to days for a response and usually your question is still not answered. This is my first and last year with this company.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Slow onboarding and takes forever to get into production.
Quick to Fire
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 16, 2019
This is how Change operates, especially with contractors:

They fire people all the time to save themselves money. Then, they find themselves in a jam because they can't manage the project due to not enough skilled people, so they hire contractors at a higher rate that they don't really want to pay (because they are in a jam). Once the contractor has gotten them out of the jam, the managers start making stuff up about bad performance on the employee who got them out of the jam, (but makes more hourly than they really want to pay). They'll then fire that employee without any warning because they found some other schlep to fill the role for less $$. Be really careful here and be aware of what they might just decide to do to your resume and job reference, in increasing own their profit off a project. You are expendable. Period.
Pros
Cons
As above
Good Place ot work
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 16, 2019
Good place to work but be ready to work. Lots of on the job training, but because healthcare changes so much you need to be ready for changes. Lots of room of career advancement if you're willing to work for it.
Pros
Career Advancemnt
Cons
Procedures change alot
Very strict requirements and staying focused to managements requests at all times.
Sr./AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 15, 2019
All work no time for fun so the goal was bring in the money always. If you stopped working to rest your hands briefly or you typed to slow you were warned.
Pros
I was part-time no lunches for me only one 15min. break
Cons
Probably not enough breaks, if you use the rest room any longer than 10mins. that becomes your break!
Know the computer system.
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAMarch 14, 2019
Good place to work if experienced with the computer system used in this company. Some flexibility with starting times. Management overall caring and helpful.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks.
Cons
Difficult computer system.
I would recommend that the mangers take managerial skills classes
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 14, 2019
I have never in my life worked for a company that micro managed their employees,like this company. The main concern is how much money is collected. The managers failed to realize that we are speaking with people with problems on the other end of the phone.
Working for CHC
Quality Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2019
This was a contract position for me, so the pay was great. There were too many meetings during the day the kept us from working hard on actual job duties.
Pros
No micro managing.
Cons
No room for growth.
Horrible Place To Work - Beware will suck the life out of you
None (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMarch 12, 2019
Horrible..... New upper manegement needed. The one manager who was the best boss ever is now gone because of them.Suck the happiness out of you. Nothing else, they need to close that building, no one should be there.
Same changes are needed.
AR Specialist and Patient Customer Repesentive (Current Employee) –  Topsham, MEMarch 10, 2019
This Company Have a point system If you don't where if you do plan your day off. you get a point. If you get 8 points you could get fired.
I this is bad sometime it can be impossable to get in to work.

It was hard because i had two jobs in one. it was hard went the phones were busy. I couldn't into my AR part.
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
Point system, I did two jobs in one
Steady work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 6, 2019
Benefits are decent. Morale is low. The pay is fair, and the work is steady as long as you do your job to the best of your ability. Pay increase are steady. Management is unprofessional on occasion.
Pros
Steady work. Steady pay increases. Decent benefits.
Cons
Low morale.
not interested
Revenue Cycle manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 5, 2019
Although my experience was not that good a lot of good can come for those willing to sacrifice time away from family, willing to being the subject of ridicule and mean gossip that is never ending.
merger literally changed the company for the worse
REVENUE CYCLE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  remoteFebruary 28, 2019
The mission and values should be lived not just posted on a website.
People are placed into management roles because they can do a job or have been at the company for a while, not because they lead or inspire people. Bad Managers can kill the moral of a good team.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
layoffs and bad managers
See below for review summary
Clinical Astractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2019
I work for Change Healthcare seasonally via contract. Unfortunately, their IT system is terribly antiquated and there always seems to be issues. It becomes very frustrating. My problem this season is right now I am not getting enough work. I work remotely at home which is one thing that I like about them.
Pros
Help desk very polite and friendly. They always answer and usually are very helpful.
Cons
They don't call back or answers emails promptly and sometimes not at all, not a secure feeling when you work remotely and have a question.
Director has no compassion for anyone.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 28, 2019
Director leads with fear, threats, intimidation and a bad attitude. Very frustrating atmosphere and toxic environment. The employees are treated without respect. The clients don’t like the director but nothing happens when HR is told. The management is protected and not held accountable for their actions.
Pros
Good people (hourly staff)
Cons
Management not held accountable and no growth opportunity
Awesome job
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 27, 2019
I feel that company is flexible. The people are well trained and nice. I learned a lot about claims adjudication and billing. Working with patients and providers.
contractors treated like outsiders
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 23, 2019
I'm warm body, When I started I was given a laptop and nothing else, I had to ask for monitors and just about everything else. It took over 3 months to get added to their system so that I could as much as call the help desk. I was given things to do without any explanation of how what it was or how to do test it. Company has a lot of issues.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Contract so I'm treated like an intern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Change Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably