Change Inc Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace with a great atmosphere.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 6, 2018
While working the managers there were very nice to us and were often pretty funny and easy to talk to. They ensured everything was taken care of, cleaned, and stored properly like it should be. The hardest part of the job was making several hundred meals for a summer food service within a couple hours.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MD 21157August 2, 2018
Inspiring place to work. Everone there truly cared about the clients. I made a lot of friends there that I still keep in contact with. Learned how to drive a bus there.
Pros
Inspiring place to work
Cons
Split shift, Wasn't working for me.
Horrible atmosphere & mgt
HOUSE MGR ILST (Former Employee) –  CTJune 28, 2018
Supervisors & Owner know NOTHING re: healthcare field. Attended classes where owner had ME explain PowerPoint presentation b/c He DID NOT KNOW what cerrain abbreviations meant. Lied re: pay rate. Hired at one pay rate paid another. Totally sucked& they pay you 14 when they are receiving 38+$ an hour for ILSTs
gross job!
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 20, 2018
Change Inc does not make a difference for people with mental issues. We just come and baby sit them. Our clients don't listen to us and will eventually go down hill due to their bad food habit, addiction, and living environment. Employers are liars!
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your opinion. ChangeInc does in fact make a difference in people's lives. That being said, there are always going to be individuals in this world who need the education, support, and encouragement of others. We don't give up on people because we are challenged, we overcome challenges by finding ways to help people.

I enjoyed the company and people
Community Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 5, 2018
The company was a great place to work and I was able to see the difference that I made in other individuals life while I was employed at Change Inc.

The only reason why I left the company was because I was not able to support myself off the salary of which was offered to me. If the company was able to match what was offered I would have stayed at Change Inc.

The employees, management, and culture were great at the company.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Change Inc. is a wonderful place to work with competitive wages
Community Support Director (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 2, 2018
Change inc. is a wonderful place to work. I have worked there for several years and intend to retire there. I have applied my great team work ethic and was promoted into a position that I find highly favorable.
May 22, 2018

Glad to hear this! Thank you for your commitment to ChangeInc!

Real people work here
Work as a CNA/Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 27, 2018
They are understanding and very flexible. They also support you in continuing your education! Issues Don't arrise because they work at placing you with the right match of clients and interact with you throughout the transition.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We love that you're having a great experience!

Good starting place
RECOVERY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 4, 2018
Change is us a good company to start with if this is the first time that you are getting in this field . They really try and fine you places that isnt to far from where you live.
Pros
they elp to work around anything that you have going on
Cons
there are no breaks
Given the cold shoulder
None given RA cases as promised at interview (Former Employee) –  New London County, CTFebruary 20, 2018
Not impressed with this company at all and requires a shake down in the scheduling Dept. Very rude and unprofessional to deal with. I’ve worked for major companies and practices and not once did I have ever dealt with nor had problems with scheduling until I came across this company. Work at your own risk
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Rude schedulers
It was ok
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 4, 2018
I dont really have much to say about this job now, but they could raise the pay for the amount of work we did with clients and how we were trained. Clients could sometimes be difficult
Pros
getting to know clients
Cons
low pay
Don’t fall for these recent “good reviews” MANAGEMENT writes them!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 28, 2018
I also was hired on the spot at this agency, and was asked to take a photo from HR's cell phone for the badge before I left that day. These things should have made me weary... but I thought I would give it a try.

I WAS GIVEN ZERO TRAINING. None. At. All.

The CEO and upper management are all in it for profit. I did not know this at the time of accepting employment.

All in all to disorganized, hire without checking references and doing background checks or drug testing.

They do not value staff and their focus is on profit. They are very unprofessional. Their turn around is one of the highest in CT for a reason.

I would not suggest for anyone to work here. The clients are constantly disrespected and talked nasty about by the care coordinators. You as an employee are not respected or valued.
Cons
Companion/Caregiver/Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 24, 2018
Change was a very good company to work for. They provided education in order to more adequately care for their clients, and were understanding when I wasn't able to make it to work due to sickness.
I would work for them again.
Pros
Ability to schedule hours as needed
Cons
No benefits
They will not help you
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 24, 2018
I worked my off at this job my client loved me and so did they family... my first week I punched in wrong but write all my time sheets down. Still not paid
Pros
Local
Cons
The bosses. Miscommunication
It was different
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed seeing and dealing with something different. I was trained to do something different and I liked that, but the only thing I didn't like was that I was getting paid too little to travel so much. What I got paid I basically had to put in gas.
Was a wonderful full-time job while it lasted
Clinician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 4, 2018
I loved working at Change, Inc. and was there for more than 3 years. My coworkers and supervisor were all amazing. I enjoyed the population I worked with and the variety of work tasks. Unfortunately, due to some restructuring, my full-time position was eliminated and changed to a fee for service position without benefits. Without this change, I would have loved to stay. However, it did not make practical sense for me to work part-time without benefits so far from my home. Thus, I took a similar position close to home. I miss my co-workers, supervsior and clients greatly. It was a wonderful ride while it lasted.
Pros
excellent benefits, great work environment, friendly atmosphere
Cons
no benefits currently available with this position
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 12, 2017
Change is a great company to work for . The pay is not great but the management team is amazing. They are an organized company that put there staff and individuals first.
Good Part- Time
Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 9, 2017
This position is a great Part time job. It is a great job for you to help others in need and to teach people everyday life skills. Clients are so grateful for the help appreciate everything they can learn fro their Recovery Assistant
Pros
clients, teaching
Cons
no vacation time, no time and half holidays
Change needs to change
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 28, 2017
MHW participants were nice, some were a bit trying at times. CEO only cared about how much $$ is coming into his pockets, not staff/participants needs
Not a good place to work
ILST (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2017
I came in with lots of experience and a BS Degree..They didn't honor that and offer me a very low rate of pay. They said they paid this low rate because of the client waiver but they're a agency that can pay staff any rate of pay. It appears they always hiring because they're the lowest paid agency. Hopefully they make changes because the staff appears to be very nice.. hopefully the owner is listening.
Cons
Low pay
Great Place to work
Recovery Assistant/Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 10, 2017
Great Place to work, Staff very knowledgeable. Staff supports each other and trainings are helpful to staff. Room for advancement, Clients are great too and great to work with.
Pros
Staff is helpful
Cons
no benefits