Change Inc Employee Reviews

stressful work environment
Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 15, 2019
change inc hires everyone to service difficult client and pay minimum. client home site are to far and do not pay for travels. I would not recommend change inc to no one. there are higher paying companies out there and less stressful
Pros
hires everyone
Cons
payrate sucks for the amount of work to complete. stressful individuals
Worst company ever to work for.
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 13, 2019
I would not recommend this company to my enemy the management is horrible the people in the office don't know how to do their job this company uses their workers for their benefit and could care less about their workers when your full-time don't they don't even offer you benefits at all the pay is extremely low for what you have to do
Loved Working Here
ABI Recovery Assistant/PCA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 17, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Change Inc., I got along with staff for the most part and there are opportunities for advancement. If I wouldn’t have moved out of state I would’ve still been working here.
June 26, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback! If you ever come back to CT, you have a home here.

dsp
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 3, 2019
took care of indviduals with disabilities. took them on outing to get them out into the community .found activities they enjoyed doing with others. helped them become better
The company will hire
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 9, 2019
Change Inc will hire you on the spot without any experience in elder care or direct care. As long as you do not have a DUI or felony convictions they will hire you and they do not even drug test. I was appalled at the hiring process. I never met the manager and was told to report to the designated community support planner of each client. However, I was only able to meet with 1 for about 20 mins the whole time i was employed with Change.
The care coordinators send you the patient care plan, demographics and protected health information to your personal email when you agree to work with the individual which is a HUGE HIPPA violation.
To all the individuals who have family members and loved ones receiving care from Change Inc, i suggest you look for other options that have better trained staff and respectable company values. Your family will not receive adequate care through this company.
Cons
inadequate training, little to no managerial oversight, company puts you at risk
Not Bad
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 31, 2019
Not a bad place to work but really no room for movement in the recovery assistant position, they can be a bit disorganized at times.
I had 3 different managers the time I was there. If you are a self starter you should be fine.
April 18, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We have recently implemented new visual communications depicting our ChangeInc career path. There are plenty of opportunities for individuals to advance.

A gold standard in the industry
Management (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 26, 2019
I've been with ChangeInc for about two years but in this industry for 10+. ChangeInc separates itself in the industry through it's collaborative approach and willingness to constantly "change" and adapt to industry demand. It's an ever evolving environment allowing for continued education, industry expertise and professional development and growth.

This is a fast paced industry and can be demanding, however, the company is made up of a team of people who are dedicated, invested and care about the company they are part of.

There is no such thing as a "typical" day in human services, but if you have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and problem solve, the day will never be dull. You are constantly learning in this industry, but there is a solid support of peers and management willing to collaborate and problem solve with you, so you are never alone.

The hardest part of the position it is easy to become invested in the individual's you are providing support for and can become difficult to to not let the stress get to you at times. You have to remind yourself of how your role helps to support a person's ability to remain independent and living within their own community, despite often being behind the scenes.

Also, with such a vast pool of staff who dedicate their skills to working remotely and in the field, it is a constant struggle to foster open lines of communication and keep them feeling a part of the goal and mission. While not possible to fulfill every employee's request from feedback, ChangeInc certainly does it's bets to accommodate and adapt to as much
  more... as feasible and is continuously seeking ways to improve and better itself as a company.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my team of co-workers, both in the office and the committed, hardworking staff providing care in the community. While we all come from varied backgrounds, everyone is focused on the mission and has a genuine care and passion for helping others. It has been a privilege to work along side them and learn from and with them. No position within the company is above doing any given role.

I am proud to be a part of the ChangeInc team!

I give 4 out of 5 stars only because I feel every individual and company has room for improvement and should have evolving goals to work towards.
Pros
Monthly luncheons, regular team building events, office sponsored continuing education, client and staff appreciation events, competitive benefits and more
Cons
turnover within the home care industry is often common, but still can set back progress and be frustrating at times. Still, to be the best in the industry, you must surround yourself with the best
April 18, 2019

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate everything you do for ChangeInc.

Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 27, 2019
Completing an internship at Change, Inc. was a great learning experience. I moved around and experienced several aspects of Change. I assisted in classrooms for feeding and daily needs of individuals, assisted in transportation services, and assisted in the pool with the therapists.
3rd shift not much to do but make sure the client is safe
Recovery Assistant/ILST/COMPANION (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 10, 2018
I'm overnite so I am a companion making sure the client is comfortable and safe If the client needs something I'm there to assist
I have worked other shifts we help them with daily thing like help clean or help fix meals
April 18, 2019

Thank you for keeping our clients safe, secure, and comfortable in their home. You're the reason our clients can live on their own!

Constant administrative change
Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  State WideSeptember 29, 2018
Change Inc. is a place of constant administrative change. While I appreciate that they are trying to get it right, it leaves the RA's in the dark most of the time on most issues. Work life balance is pretty good because as an RA I was able to take time off as I need with little to no question as to why.
April 18, 2019

Thank you for your comments. We are always working to improve our operations and communications.

Rewarding
RA (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTAugust 25, 2018
I have worked for Change Inc. for over three years. The job is very rewarding if you have the right mind set. I go to work with a hard working attitude. I want to make a difference in my Client's life.
Pros
Good for a hard working attitude.
Cons
No Benefits
September 12, 2018

Thank you for making a difference in the lives of others. We appreciate your hard work ethic!

Great place to work and to gain experience
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 22, 2018
I was offered a great job, became State Certified and a mandated reporter. The jobs are close to your home address, and the time are very flexible. Nice people.
Pros
Distance from place to place
Cons
You don't know what to expect from each client to the next.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you've had a great experience and thank you making a difference!

Productive workplace with a great atmosphere.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 6, 2018
While working the managers there were very nice to us and were often pretty funny and easy to talk to. They ensured everything was taken care of, cleaned, and stored properly like it should be. The hardest part of the job was making several hundred meals for a summer food service within a couple hours.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MD 21157August 2, 2018
Inspiring place to work. Everone there truly cared about the clients. I made a lot of friends there that I still keep in contact with. Learned how to drive a bus there.
Pros
Inspiring place to work
Cons
Split shift, Wasn't working for me.
Horrible atmosphere & mgt
HOUSE MGR ILST (Former Employee) –  CTJune 28, 2018
Supervisors & Owner know NOTHING re: healthcare field. Attended classes where owner had ME explain PowerPoint presentation b/c He DID NOT KNOW what cerrain abbreviations meant. Lied re: pay rate. Hired at one pay rate paid another. Totally sucked& they pay you 14 when they are receiving 38+$ an hour for ILSTs
September 12, 2018

Thank you for your comments, but I don't think you have the right information and potentially the wrong agency.

gross job!
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 20, 2018
Change Inc does not make a difference for people with mental issues. We just come and baby sit them. Our clients don't listen to us and will eventually go down hill due to their bad food habit, addiction, and living environment. Employers are liars!
July 18, 2018

Thank you for your opinion. ChangeInc does in fact make a difference in people's lives. That being said, there are always going to be individuals in this world who need the education, support, and encouragement of others. We don't give up on people because we are challenged, we overcome challenges by finding ways to help people.

A time for Change...
Certified Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 16, 2018
This company is like no other human service organization. There are many incentives for extra hours and a very flexible schedule. At the time of the interview I filled out a questionnaire that asked me about personal likes and dislikes. I find it no coincidence that I was placed with individuals sharing the same interests and/or hobbies. The time spent with the consumer is not like working at all. You tend to activities of daily living and incorporate learning opportunities incidentally so it feels quite natural and easy. The overall experience has been positive. The only draw backs are that there are no benefits, holiday pay or overtime and you do your monthly paperwork and training on your own time. However, if you are looking to ease back into the work force; like I was, this is a great opportunity.
Pros
Flexible shifts, extra hours
Cons
Doing your monthly paperwork and training on your own time
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed working in the community with our individuals. Thank you for your commitment.

I enjoyed the company and people
Community Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 5, 2018
The company was a great place to work and I was able to see the difference that I made in other individuals life while I was employed at Change Inc.

The only reason why I left the company was because I was not able to support myself off the salary of which was offered to me. If the company was able to match what was offered I would have stayed at Change Inc.

The employees, management, and culture were great at the company.
May 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Change Inc. is a wonderful place to work with competitive wages
Community Support Director (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTApril 2, 2018
Change inc. is a wonderful place to work. I have worked there for several years and intend to retire there. I have applied my great team work ethic and was promoted into a position that I find highly favorable.
May 22, 2018

Glad to hear this! Thank you for your commitment to ChangeInc!

Real people work here
Work as a CNA/Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTMarch 27, 2018
They are understanding and very flexible. They also support you in continuing your education! Issues Don't arrise because they work at placing you with the right match of clients and interact with you throughout the transition.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We love that you're having a great experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Change Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9