Channel Islands Social Services

Channel Islands Social Services Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Part-time job, mostly based off the needs of families. There is always enough work but can be hard to be on the same schedule as other families. Great job to make connections, is super flexible and pays well.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not Guarenteed full time hours
job experience will always be different for everyone since it will depend on whose child you are taking care of, but if you love working with children, then this is the place for you.
Channel island social services is a great place filled with great people, it’s just hard to get the hours you want since you have to find families and work with their schedule it’s also really hard to find families in my area
Pros
Good starting pay, friendly staff
Cons
Hard to find families, no paid vacation, hard to earn sick hours, not flexible
I enjoyed the work offered in Channel Islands Social Services due to it being very flexible and the possibility of relatively low stress, depending on the clients served. CISS had yearly Staff meetings and displayed a positive and grateful attitude towards their employees. While I worked only part-time for four years, they did offer some full-time work and benefits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Rarely full-time
Each family varies, however my past 3 years with CISS has been amazing and enriching. The people who work their are wonderful and will do their best to place you with families who are a great match.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Channel Islands is a great place to work because you can control when you work by telling them your availability. At Channel Islands Social services being a caregiver also means being someones friend. The people you care for will more than likely love every time you spend time with them. The feeling where you can make someone's day just by spending some time with them is a great feeling and I will always try to do that no matter what.
Pros
Paid mileage
awesome staff and very family oriented culture. The company really cares not only for clients and families but also has made sure their employees get the best benefits and pay. The company, that I know of so far in the Ventura County area, is the only company to actually pay Respite Caregivers above the minimum wage.
Pros
Salary, Schedule
Cons
I love working with kids that have special needs. The office staff is amazing always there when you need them. Its an absolutely beautiful thing to learn about others and be able to help in any possible way you can to attend to their special need.
I like getting to know the children I work with. it's a great way to gain an understanding of different disabilities.and if you have a background in CPR you get paid more.
Easy job, you make your own schedule with a family of your choice, and do care for their family member. Perfect job for students. Good pay compared to other agencies $15 to start.
Channel Islands has been a pleasure to work for and be a part of. They are very caring and want the best for their staff and clients. I always feel welcomed and taken care of when I go into the office and they always pay their employees on time.
Pros
Meeting all types of different, inspiring people
Working with Channel Island Social Services has been an interesting and great learning experience for me. The staff are very friendly and it is very schedule friendly.
Love this job -very fulfilling and flexible. A typical day consists of receiving my patient from his school bus, helping unpack, light housework, companionship, meal prep, bathing etc.
Family setting, very easy going. Interaction and companionship with mentally disabled children never ceases to leave a smile on my face.