Chaparral Energy LLC Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Staff (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2018
Long work days but a short Friday, great benefits, great atmosphere, great employee incentives. Loved working with this company. Great place to learn and a lot of room to advance. This company takes pride in it's employees and the business it creates.
Pros
Pro Team
Cons
early work days
Company has gone barkrupt
Damage Prevention & Public Awareness Manager - CFR (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Poor management leadership that brought in inexperienced family and friends into management positions. This lead to quality persons leaving for better career options
Sr Time & Equipment Analyst/JIB Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2017
People were allowed to do their jobs without micro management. As long as you did your job, you were not hassled. Going above and beyond was recognized.
Great Benefits
Division Order Tech II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2014
Chaparral is a good company to work for the benefits are very good.
A growing company
Director of Information technologies (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 14, 2013
Chaparral Energy is an upstream Oil and Gas company with long term projected growth. The atmosphere is like family and the most enjoyable part was the challenges presented each and every day.
Pros
Free Coffee, Half Days on Friday.
Cons
9 hour days Mon - Thur make it difficult with childcare.
Good people, less than reliable leadership.
Crude Oil and Natural Gas Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2012
Have made many friends at this company.
Middle management and upper management lack leadership.
Communication lacking in many aspects.
Good efforts made to be more employee friendly.
It was a fun place to work for and good atmosphere to work in.
Administrative Assistant, Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2012
I loved working for Chapparral Energy. I think it is a good company to work for and I also think they are good to there employees. I just regaret that I ever left. I work there again if I was officered a position. I learn many different things I did not know.I just wish other companys would be willing to train people and give them the chance to learn different thing. This company was willing to do that for me. The boss I had was great, the co-workers was very willing to help in any way the could. It was a fun place to work I always lokked forward to go there.
Pros
was able to take time off did not fell under any presure was not treated like a kid.
Cons
had very good insurance and good benefits in other ways