Chariot Employee Reviews

Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Good managers and low stress .Hours were sometimes flexible and good vans were available when necessary and if your there on time and reliable to the management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Charters were a challenge sometimes, Clients were changeable in their wants and needs
Very strange company
did not accept offer (Former Employee) –  Austin txMay 21, 2017
I guess these folks are scared of the general public that are applying
I did not work there.Interviewers seem scared to even use their real names.
No one from San Francisco will talk to you via telephone either.
Very strange company.
Pros
mgmt seems scared
Cons
everything
Fun and challenging experience
Editor-in-Chief (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMarch 9, 2017
I worked as a staff writer, copy editor, and editor-in-chief of this student-run newspaper. I learned a great deal about making executive decisions, working with different personality types, and keeping an entire staff on schedule.
working for Chariot
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I loved my job but was put in a dangerous situation while on duty Chariot did nothing to make sure it wasn't going to happen to me or for that matter any other employee again currently I'm on leave do to the unsafe and traumatising situation
If it's your kind of thing, you'll love it.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I show up early (in my case, very early) in the morning, start up my van, do my safety inspection, log onto the system, and drive out the gate. I'm out and about in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, up and down hills, back and forth across town, driving with the rhythm of the morning commute. Customers get on, get off, and around I go again to my launch point. There's a lot to love about this job, if you enjoy driving, if you enjoy your fellow humans and their occasional canine companion, and if you think being out in the city beats flying a desk any day of the week.

Your co-workers are your team mates. You share jokes, traffic advisories, you look out for each other. The team Captain keeps everyone's wheels turning, literally and figuratively. Your customers are by and large appreciative. They're always glad to see your big turquoise van pull up, especially if it's cold and wet out there. At the end of my shift I go home satisfied. I've had a good day.
Pros
"Agency", in the sense that it's on you to get the job done, done right.
Cons
You're driving in big city traffic, it's unpredictable, it can be maddening, if that bothers you unduly this isn't for you.
Loving Chariot.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
If you like to drive and your good at it this is your job. Full benefits for full-time drivers. And there is great opportunitys of grown very fast for those outstanding drivers.
Driving for Chariot is great!
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Being a driver at Chariot is awesome! What makes it so great is that the car is provided by Chariot so you don't need to use your own. Also communication with the team is easy and they are always friendly. The company is doing a great service which makes the passengers all pleasant to drive. So far I have been satisfied with my experience as a driver.
Pros
Health insurance, provided car
Driving for Chariot is the BEST!
Driver (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 21, 2016
Driving for a Chariot is a great gig! They provide the vehicle, gas, and take care of all the stuff for a car so you don't have too. I was driving for uber/lyft and was putting so much wear and tear on my car. The flexible hours are great too, I started part time and now move into a full time role. They offer benefits which most other ride sharing companies do not.

They helped me get my class B license so I can make more as well. The team is great and friendly. I drive into work and can park for free in the lot when I take my Chariot out on the road.

Passengers- I love the people I drive everyday. They are what make me love my job.
Pros
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance! Discounted Gym membership.
Cons
early hours
Great place to work with fast growing team
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 20, 2016
With Chariot being a small company you can see your work making an impact. It's a fast moving company with a lot of potential for internal growth. Looking forward to the future of Chariot.
Pros
Your work matters
Cons
Early start up growing pains
Typical bait and switch they say they pay 20$
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 11, 2016
However when you go for the interview they tell you it's only 17$ 20$ is payed only on the weekends so if they mislead about that from the start you know there's going to be more problems in the future if your a inexperienced driver and you need experience driving people maybe this is a place to start however if your a professional driver this is a bush league company don't waste your time
Productive and fast paced work environment
Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 10, 2016
Learned to manage many tasks at once, enjoy the co-workers I work with. My favorite part of the job is staying busy and helping the customers.
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits
Cons
Occasionally working weekends/holidays
Only take this job if you cant find another one.
Medical Transporter (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAJune 4, 2013
Chariot is rough to work for and have a normal life. You dont have a set start time from day to day. Your weekly hours are also very incosistent. And just because you think you will finish at one time, doesnt mean you wont finish 3hrs after that. The management is young and set her their ways. They are not very worker friendly. With a job with low pay and no benefits, they work their staff very hard.
On the bright side, the job is easy if you know how to listen and can learn. Also most of the workers there are friendly.
Pros
Flexable work hours, good co-workers
Cons
unpain lunch, no benefits, low pay, and no set start or end time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chariot. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about